*Official Auburn vs. Penn State Game Thread*

abw0004

5 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Coaches can scheme an offense around a bad OLine. To an extent.   Why can’t we?

What scheme is there for a defense that doesn’t even have to break stride to penetrate our line?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Come out in orange jerseys , mighty ducks style. DUCKS FLY TOGETHER. This is our chance now.,

Have been against the orange jersey all week, but if it'll give us a spark...

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I was referring to what looks like an injured shoulder

Apologies. It sounded like a grand criticism of his play. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

We can still win this game. Red zone is the entire difference in the game. 

I like what we are seeing from Finley. Hope he’s not injured. 

He’s getting better. Making some good throws. Showing some heart. But his arm is hurt now. 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

As poorly as we’ve played in the first half, it’s a one score game.   0-2 in the red zone and 2 TOs.    This PSU team is bad!   If we can find a pulse, we still have a chance to win this game.   😳

Big "if" unless the oline decides to show up for the game.

Troxell has had multiple knee injuries and because of that he just can't move. Coffee may be a little under weight for the position but he can move.  Tate Johnson is also under weight and playing inside against really big players and actually seems to be doing ok.  Troxell is working hard and giving it his all but it is obvious he can't do it so why not at least try Coffee or somebody else.  Troxell is not the only one getting beat on the O-line but he is getting beat more than any other O-lineman.

Finley has actually played pretty well considering how poor the blocking is and our RB's have looked good when they got any type of opening.

Defensively we have talent on D-line but still I am seeing to much one on one bull rushes or swim moves with no stunts like Penn state does where the end loops inside and the tackle loops outside. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Also, can Calzada really be any worse than what we’ve seen?

Yeah. QB play hadn't been the problem 

2 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Hate to be the only pumper, but after that 1st half shitshow, we are still in this game.

Lots of folks saying this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Finley completely missed moving protection on the corner blitz that almost got him a safety.  That’s what I expect a starter playing his third year to do. 

Give it a rest and give credit when credits due for once

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is. They had no business being that aggressive with 40 seconds left in the half. But I swear people hating on T.J can STFU now.

40s left and on your own 11.

Just go into the half. We get the damn ball back

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nothing for our offense comes easy. No explosive plays. No imagination,  no blocking. No nothing

Only success has been on tremendous individual effort. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Ya know...I've never been on the "get rid of Harsin" bandwagon but he's being out coached. 

I’m the same as you. Never been a “fire Harsin” person, but he is for sure getting out coached. Happened last week, too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

TJ makes a nice scramble from pressure one play, then has zero feel for pressure the next. Call me Missouri but you’re going to have to prove to me that someone else can’t get us in better plays and protection calls before I believe it. 

"QB can't escape constant pressure 100% of the time on literally every play" is a really bad take

• Like 1