*Official Auburn vs. Penn State Game Thread*

abw0004

Our line is sooooo bad.  How could any QB succeed with this porous terrible o line.   Guys running free to the QB or at best 2 seconds.  Its embarrassing ..

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Harsin wasn't ever the right guy, but the offseason drama put him into an impossible and unfair situation.  We should cut our losses like Nebraska did and get a head start on the future. Monday is not too soon.

Firing him tomorrow won't help.  We can still look for that person without firing him.  There is no one on his staff to change anything.  

Just now, kennypowers said:

Defense quit

I don’t know if they quit, but they are getting it pushed in for sure!

2 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Robby transfers to UCF

Tank goes pro

Brand new OL

C Brown transfers

Lose top edges

Next season could be worse 

The roster will be much worse unless we have success in the portal. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Great job OL, you just keep letting that diarrhea run down your legs.

Friend is not our friend.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Updating my 5-7 prediction to 3-9

Staying pat on my 4-8 prediction. We'll beat one SEC team.

1 minute ago, peashooter said:

It would have been better to have hired Steele and let him recruit well for the next coach. As it is the cupboard will be pretty bare for the next guy.

Really? Purposely sacrifice the next few seasons for better recruiting classes then hire a better coach? How in the hell does that work? 

Puppies has been seen several times playing timid or soft.  After that first hit, you'd think he'd be fired up for more.  Not driving through but hitting and hanging or pulling up. DC ain't it.  Pay muschamp whatever he wants to be DC

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Are you embarrassed that fans are pissed and leaving the stadium or are you embarrassed with the product Auburn has put on display today? 

The product that is making people want to leave.  Heck, even half of the recruits left.  

Just now, hqsi99 said:

And now CBS pours some salt on it by running “The Trials and Tribulations of Being Auburn.” Maybe they can bring up Jetgate next?

The university leadership and coaching staff deserve every bit of humiliation.  Players and fans don’t.  What has been done to a proud football program in recent history is criminal. 

• Like 3

Fwiw, this actually looks IDENTICAL to our '87 thirty point loss to FSU in Auburn, FSU was good not great and we looked dreadful - our QBs, o-line, DBs. We shared the SEC title that year. If State Penn now only loses to Ohio St (highly possible) we look back on this a little less darkly.

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Haha 1

The biggest problem is that AU fans are too busy Arguing with each other on whether this is a Gus problem or a Harsin problem. It’s freaking both. We are a train wreck now. on top of the terrible, terrible coaching we have one big problem:

Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

This team couldn’t even score a TD in 3 quarters on their home field against a team that’s barely ranked.  Think about that…

A 6-6 B10 team. 

• Like 2

No pass rush equals a losing season I'm afraid. I see no improvement in any part of our team this year..

Here are the same weaknesses I see:

Weak O line

No pass rush against good teams

Offensive play calls don't adjust to heavy pass rush.

No SEC calibur QB

Lack of team leaders.

Poor recruiting.

I hope the coaches figure it out, but I don't see it so far.