When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not disagreeing with this but it’s probably the hardest thing to do.   Recruiting good offensive  lineman appears to be something that Auburn can’t do.   There must be something that is preventing good lineman from signing.  It can’t be because they can’t come in play.   So what is the problem?   Is it lack of putting guys in the NFL? Is it coaching?  The next guy needs to figure this out quickly.  

At the risk of sounding petty, I think it's a carryover from Gus. The drop-off really happened in 2013. The 2007-2012 OL classes were pretty strong. Lots of numbers, about a 35-40% rate of having a solid contributor. Then the numbers went to crap. 2 OL in 2013, then 2 OL in 2014 (Braden Smith was amazing but numbers started to suffer). Then we signed 3 4-stars in 2015 but only one turned out to be a contributor. Then 1 OL in 2016 (Bro Hamm), then 3 OL in 2017, and basically a s*** show since 2018 (which Harsin/Friend have not improved at all). 

So low numbers and a whole bunch of misses, followed by on-field disaster (our QBs have been running for their lives since 2015), and lack of putting talent in the NFL consistently have us at an all-time low reputation on the OL. It will take the Bruce Pearl of OL to turn this around. 

Edited by BigBlueWDE

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Only issue here is the NFL season.

Unless he's fired mid season, he can't be hired until Jan 10th. Basically means completely passing on the 23 class more importantly the winter portal season.

Damn it. Did not know that. Thanks for the info. However, we lose to the giants and he might be packing his bags sooner than later.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i care who kicks puppies. i have three rescues. anniston has three dog catchers going to trial soon for torturing dogs and cats. and yes torture is one of the things they are charged with. they gave no sedatives before giving them the kill shot. and they just kept stabbing into these animals until they finally hit its heart. just horrible stuff. now maybe you did not literally kicking puppies but it left a bad taste and i had to say something.

Literally did not mean the kicking puppies part lol. I have a dog . I was implying that AU needs the right guy and it doesn’t matter how good of a person he is or isn’t. You clearly took that way out of context. Nobody is torturing animals. It’s all about the right hire for AU. Ps I love animals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Literally did not mean the kicking puppies part lol. I have a dog . I was implying that AU needs the right guy and it doesn’t matter how good of a person he is or isn’t. You clearly took that way out of context. Nobody is torturing animals. It’s all about the right hire for AU. Ps I love animals. 

Damn and here I was thinking the puppies part was true 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I’ve been a strong CBH supporter until yesterday. There’s no question there will be a coaching change. The only question is when. I’m pretty sure I already saw some of our top players making ‘business decisions’ in terms of effort yesterday. The challenge with firing him in season is I’m not sure we have anyone on this staff who is even a legit interim HC. Which speaks volumes about where we are as a program. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Damn it. Did not know that. Thanks for the info. However, we lose to the giants and he might be packing his bags sooner than later.

🤞 Not a giants fan just hoping he loses so we might could atleast talk to him. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I’ve been a strong CBH supporter until yesterday. There’s no question there will be a coaching change. The only question is when. I’m pretty sure I already saw some of our top players making ‘business decisions’ in terms of effort yesterday. The challenge with firing him in season is I’m not sure we have anyone on this staff who is even a legit interim HC. Which speaks volumes about where we are as a program. 

Caddy could do it wouldn't be much worse then where we are right now. 🤷

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is exactly how I feel ..minus the freeze thing(although I could get on board).

People are acting, again, like being right is better than being best for Auburn.  No matter the debate, CBH being successful was always what was best for Auburn.  His performance yesterday, while validating to those that never supported him, was not good for Auburn. The fact that some are reveling in his failure is pathetic. It pathetic because it means Auburn looked bad and Auburn failed.

Yes, I wanted CBH to be the next Saban and take us to the CFP promise land. Yes, I still think his vision is what we need at Auburn. However, just like Gus, who I supported until he proved himself, I believe CBH is now more detrimental to Auburn than what he can do for Auburn. Therefore we need to move quickly to salvage what we can.

Thank you for the rational thoughts, as usual.   One of the main problems as I see it is that the Administration is in constant flux.    Either a Pres or an AD is going in or out at any particular time (like now) so there is no continuity of thought at the top.  You end with snap decision makers doing stupid things like extending coaches with limited abilities well past their expiration date and hiring coaches with no clue how to recruit this region.   Also, in the biggest non-surprise ever, Auburn has been slow to react to the changes in the portal and NIL.     It’s frustrating and I’m afraid rather than “all orange” or “true blue” games, we’re about to see a lot more “aluminum seat” games in the near future.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Thank you for the rational thoughts, as usual.   One of the main problems as I see it is that the Administration is in constant flux.    Either a Pres or an AD is going in or out at any particular time (like now) so there is no continuity of thought at the top.  You end with snap decision makers doing stupid things like extending coaches with limited abilities well past their expiration date and hiring coaches with no clue how to recruit this region.   Also, in the biggest non-surprise ever, Auburn has been slow to react to the changes in the portal and NIL.     It’s frustrating and I’m afraid rather than “all orange” or “true blue” games, we’re about to see a lot more “aluminum seat” games in the near future.  

"All Aluminum" has a nice ring to it. That should be a meme

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

"All Aluminum" has a nice ring to it. That should be a meme

That what the recruiting section looked like after halftime 🤮

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah, could Def be fired mid season. Seemed to be some talk about that last year.

NSD in December, plus portal, really makes an NFL hire hard unless he's is a no doubter type.

With all the recruiting timeline moved up, it almost makes sense to fire someone mid season like LSU did to get a head start on finding a new coach.  If you can hut the ground running the first week of December, you've got two weeks to try and salvage the class then more importantly you are in place for the start of the portal season

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

yah, that was more disappointing that the outcome of the game to me. This one bad L may very well be the cause of a dozen L's over the next couple of seasons. No telling what talent we lost out on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

And why not?   No way in crap would I want to be a part of this debacle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

One of the main problems as I see it is that the Administration is in constant flux.    Either a Pres or an AD is going in or out at any particular time (like now) so there is no continuity of thought at the top.

Is the relationship of the BOT and the administration hyper-political?

I know it is sexy to talk about the HC...bur we really have to get an AD hired by Halloween. 

Praying a new Pres, new AD, can instill some kind of cohesiveness between our power brokers and money ppl.  Everyone more forward after our current disaster. 

We can see what a bad president (Leath), plus an okay-issue AD, plus a bad HC hire can do. Maybe everyone comes together for once for the good of the school.

Lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I know it is sexy to talk about the HC...bur we really have to get an AD hired by Halloween. 

Praying a new Pres, new AD, can instill some kind of cohesiveness between our power brokers and money ppl.  Everyone more forward after our current disaster. 

We can see what a bad president (Leath), plus an okay-issue AD, plus a bad HC hire can do. Maybe everyone comes together for once for the good of the school.

Lmao

U know that's not the way we roll at AU. Dysfunction is our middle name

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U know that's not the way we roll at AU. Dysfunction is our middle name

Trying talk myself out of diving into a deep hole of depression before mid September. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It’s cool. Some people want to just go into every season with a positive mindset. Understandable..We get blasted for being realistic though. In the case of players with mediocre play how often do they actually stay here and improve into becoming a good player? It don’t happen here! TJ is who he is just like Bo. O-line is what they are. We knew this. I was honestly hoping for 8 wins which at this point would feel like a miracle.

No. 8 wins would have been a miracle all off-season. We didn't need PSU to show us how bad it really is.

It's the worst AU O-Line I've ever seen, both pre-season and watching it for 3 games. Cubelic had it graded as a minus in August. One of the pumpers argued with me on that.

Some of us have been trying to warn the pumpers for impact. Some of us for several months now. Some of us since last November. But they'd rather deem us idiots and ask why we won't stick up for our HC.

Now they finally see that mangled, totaled car being towed to the junk yard and no longer need us to tell them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I think we all believe he's gone if he loses out until the Bye week. But what about;

Mizz - Solid win

LSU - Loss. Idk how much

@UGA - don't even watch

@Ole Miss - 10 point loss.

Does he survive 3-4?? That's a tough call I think. I'd say still fired, but could see it going both ways

I would hope that Roberts at least had started having conversations prior to Greene’s early exit, considering the writing was on the wall that Greene would not be retained.  It was pretty much a given that Robert’s first order of business would be replacing the AD. 

I don’t understand how the OL is so much worse than last season. We didn’t think they’d be good, but this? The UGA game will be so ugly, Harsin may have to go immediately after. 

I think we all believe he's gone if he loses out until the Bye week. But what about;

Mizz - Solid win

LSU - Loss. Idk how much

@UGA - don't even watch

@Ole Miss - 10 point loss.

Does he survive 3-4?? That's a tough call I think. I'd say still fired, but could see it going both ways

IMHO, he definitely survives 2-2 over the next four game stretch

Also IMHO, he is fired at the bye week if he goes 0-4 over the next four game stretch

So somewhere in between those two extremes 🙂

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

I would hope that Roberts at least had started having conversations prior to Greene’s early exit, considering the writing was on the wall that Greene would not be retained.  It was pretty much a given that Robert’s first order of business would be replacing the AD. 

How long does an AD search typically take??

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes I said this as well! This should have been way at the top of things to consider 

Edited by DAG

How long does an AD search typically take??

This is Auburn, have they even announced the hiring committee yet? I mean, we have to spread the blame so we can't pin it on a single decision-maker eventually

• Haha 1