When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yes he did but he was blaming Gus for todays  loss in which the team wasn’t great on either side of the ball. Even with the terrible offense the defense would stand tall. Today they couldn’t even stop the backups

You say “couldn’t”. I say “wouldn’t”. That team quit out there today. Flat out quit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ooooof. I know this is AlabamaRT.propaganda but man that doesn’t sound good. “Bold” prediction. If he loses to Missouri he is toast THAT DAY. He had been warned by the PTB. You can tell.

The team looks unprepared on both sides of the ball. It may have even gotten worse over the 3 game span. It just looks like they don't collectively know what to do. We can't execute the simplest of plays most of the time. 

Lots of opinions out there! Whiskey makes a person type faster including me.

We can’t deal with a Scott Frost/Nebraska scenario. Auburn already has a dumpster fire reputation for hiring football staff.

Let the man dig his own grave with a “2qb system” that he “knows how to run” and continue to ignore the hottest weapons on the roster.

We just have to suck up to the fact that the team is not well coached. NOT WELL COACHED!!

Now todays game furthers the argument of how important recruiting is. The offense didn’t score much but they moved the ball enough for the defense to catch their breathe. Previous Auburn defenses would have easily kept this game close

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Brother….I’m sorry.

I’m just over here keeping it classy. You know how I roll. 

6281C27A-44E6-4DFD-841B-06E48B493228.gif

You keep doing what you do. Hoping this storm season leaves y’all alone this year👍🏼

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Tell ya. Just an aside. But one moment of real clarity today about how it really all was snake oil and BS:

Penn State picks off Ashford and runs out of bounds. Shenker, the 17th year captain and top proponent of CBH’s culture change, just hauls off and cheap shots a guy out of bounds.

Crystal clear moment showing this team doesn’t remotely have the discipline and mentality that was promised.

Nice call, but not what happened. 

32 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

This is just so wrong on so many levels. Maybe the worst point you make is anger at Harsin “plays into the hands of the PTB”. 

Yeah, we’re all puppets to a grand conspiracy. It’s just Yellawood propaganda. Our program is actually doing great. Last place in the conference in recruiting is actually a positive. And losing 41-12 to a mediocre team is actually a sign we are headed in the right direction.

Yeah, you’re right. It’s one big psy-op from the power brokers. The only explanation for discontent.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

You mention scholarship limits…. Are you aware that Harsin failed to fill the scholarship lint in the last recruiting class?  And are you aware that the annual 25 scholarship cap is waived for this class?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

No, but Gus certainly did that very thing vs Clemson, and other times during is tenure. 

There is literally no comparison between today's debacle and those two Clemson games, both of which were single digits against the national champion and playoff participant respectively.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Nice call, but not what happened. 

Okay. Got the wrong guy for the personal foul. It was, in fact, the quarterback from what I’m told. The signal caller doing that is definitely much better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

You keep doing what you do. Hoping this storm season leaves y’all alone this year👍🏼

I’m not sure we could handle that kinda shid at this point…..

I’m just trying to make it to the camp so that I can properly marinate myself in Kentucky water.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There is literally no comparison between today's debacle and those two Clemson games, both of which were single digits against the national champion and playoff participant respectively.

We rotated 3x subpar QB's in a system of complete offensive clownery, including the old spinning Cox-cat for negative yardage. Had we put forth any semblance of logical game plan, we might well have taken down the eventual NC's due to the superior play of the D that night. We don't have that D to fall back on now, and it shows. 

Also reminds me of Gus and the 2016 offensive debacle vs a terrible UGA team in Kirby's first season.

Edited by johnnyAU

Last year was Harsin's first year and then there was the off season crap where I thought he was treated unfairly. For those reasons I had decided to give Harsin a pass going into this season.

I wanted to give him a fair chance and not pre-judge things. I also said it was up to him at this point to prove himself, one way or the other, if he could do the job. No talk, it would be decided on the field. He didn't pass the test. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We rotated 3x subpar QB's in a system of complete offensive clownery, including the old spinning Cox-cat for negative yardage. Had we put forth any semblance of logical game plan, we might well have taken down the eventual NC's due to the superior play of the D that night. We don't have that D to fall back on now, and it shows. 

Also reminds me of Gus and the 2016 offensive debacle vs a terrible UGA team in Kirby's first season.

And even with that 2016 debacle he isn’t in the Auburn record books under the worst performance categories. Like he said u can’t compare unless u think PSU going to the playoffs or gonna win the National Championship 

CBH is rewriting the Auburn record books and it isn’t in a positive way 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Last year was Harsin's first year and then there was the off season crap where I thought he was treated unfairly. For those reasons I had decided to give Harsin a pass going into this season.

I wanted to give him a fair chance and not pre-judge things. I also said it was up to him at this point to prove himself, one way or the other, if he could do the job. No talk, it would be decided on the field. He didn't pass the test. 

I’m in the same boat.  If Harsin practiced what he preaches I would be completely on board while he built the program to his standard.   His standard seems to be smoke and mirrors, however.  

• Like 1

as a outsider here u need to think  about bring someone in  that can turn that 3 star into  that  4 star   and build your death back up   

my list  

1 Lane kiffin  

2 Kedral bries  Arkansas Oc   

3 look at anyone on Bama/uga staff  

1 minute ago, e808 said:

And even with that 2016 debacle he isn’t in the Auburn record books under the worst performance categories. Like he said u can’t compare unless u think PSU going to the playoffs or gonna win the National Championship 

You can compare them indeed. Our D held Clemson at bay for the majority of that game. Our offense did jack squat with all of the opportunities given. Rotating QB's in an act of desperation. 

He'll survive this week. I personally think he should be gone mid-season to make way for the next coach, but I'm not tripping if he lasts the season. 

Now, if Mizzou comes to town and we get ROCKED say, 31-3, then he probably isn't let back on the team bus, and that isn't hyperbole. I wouldn't be surprised if, during the broadcast, an ESPN report stating "Auburn has fired Head Coach, Brian Harsin..." appeared at the bottom of the screen.

10 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

You can compare them indeed. Our D held Clemson at bay for the majority of that game. Our offense did jack squat with all of the opportunities given. Rotating QB's in an act of desperation. 

So what u are saying is PSU has a National Championship caliber defense. If my memory is correct Clemson defense was loaded those two years. The play itself was bad but Clemson had some real dudes

Edited by e808

Sorry if off topic, but I've seen conjecture across the net today that def makes me feel better about the coaching search *if true*. Supposedly Napier asked Greene to meet with the boosters, who were open to him, and Greene refused. Can anyone verify?

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, e808 said:

So what u are saying is PSU has a National Championship caliber defense

Not in the least. Clemson's D wasn't that stellar in 2016 but our offense was just as discombobulated. It had no idea what it was or was trying to be. Couldn't execute the simplest plays and struggled in all phases.  Similar to what we saw today. Our OL might be the worst we've seen in more than a decade. They were getting consistent pressure by rushing 3. You don't need an NC caliber DL to do that with our OL. 

In many ways we are still reaping the fruits (or lack thereof) that Malzahn had sown, particularly in our roster. But Harsin is quickly showing he doesn't have what it takes to overcome that disadvantage.

Our Offensive and Defensive lines were absolutely whipped by Penn State's all day long. The same two lines (save for a few players) are the same guys who almost beat Penn State in Happy Valley last year, yet despite all we've heard about players improving in off-season S&C or positional development we come out and look worse against Penn State than we did a year ago AND we were at home.

So the question is, what is even the gameplan? How do you sell the admin, recruits, or fans your vision when there's little to no proof of concept in year two? This is a game we needed to win in order to show a clean break from the downward trajectory started against Miss State. You could've even had an argument had we only lost close... But no, this team got taken to the woodshed and barring some sort of "eurika" in our players' development, we are dangerously close to the wheels flying off.

• Like 1
  • Love 1