When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Does this speed up the timetable of the AD search?

Also, anybody think the timing of the ADAG ouster was because folks around the program saw how bad we were looking behind closed doors, and realized we needed to be looking for a new AD to hire a new coach? 

If you want to try and find some humor in it, you could wait until after the fourth game to let him go.  Then if he needs someone to talk to he could always give Cornelius Williams a call.

58 minutes ago, hogmen said:

as a outsider here u need to think  about bring someone in  that can turn that 3 star into  that  4 star   and build your death back up   

my list  

1 Lane kiffin  

2 Kedral bries  Arkansas Oc   

3 look at anyone on Bama/uga staff  

We stink. I am rooting for you guys this year (why not) but tonight was concerning. I mean you won which is the most important thing but it took a big return to put you ahead in the 4th quarter. I need you to win next week. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JWShewmake said:

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

It's about time.

2 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

College coaches are not coaches, they are recruiters.  Give us the best recruiter, I don’t care if he can’t coach 8th grade P.E.  If you have the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s you win the most.  
Unless you’re Jimbo. 
Give us Deion. 

So Saban and Kirby can’t coach? They’re only recruiters? Ok. I personally think Deion would make a spectacle of AU. Then again at this point, it really doesn’t matter anymore. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

So Saban and Kirby can’t coach? They’re only recruiters? Ok. I personally think Deion would make a spectacle of AU. Then again at this point, it really doesn’t matter anymore. 

Message board fodder. Deion Sanders will never be head football coach at Auburn University.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Haven’t we paid out enough money to have mediocre or less than coaches for the last 8 to 10. This program is in shambles. 

Yeah, you don’t know what you’re talking on. 

4 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

We don’t need an inexperienced showboat like Deion. This program is done for the next 5 plus years. What the last staff left has been further ruined. AU is an immaterial team now. 

Regardless of those two games, it is painfully obvious, the majority of this staff can not recruit in this area of the country. As my prior post stated in my opinion, we are multiple years behind everyone but Vandy now. 

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If you want to try and find some humor in it, you could wait until after the fourth game to let him go.  Then if he needs someone to talk to he could always give Cornelius Williams a call.

There's about a zero percent chance he's fired in the middle of a lost season. Bringing in a better head coach, assuming they could get one, isn't going to make the players better than what they are.  This team has fallen so far off the grid, it's literally going to take 4-5 years to build the program back up. No headlining head coach is going to want to be stuck in a long rebuilding process.  It's going to be hard enough convincing 4 and 5 star recruits that Auburn is once again the place to be.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Supreme lose-lose situation. Program was already on a downward slope after the previous coach. Keep Harsin lose recruits. Fire Harsin lose recruits. I hate it for players like Tank. He should’ve transferred. I wouldn’t have blamed him. He’s wasting his talents behind them turnstiles.

Maybe folks will have a change of heart with Bo transferring now. I’ve seen quite a few messages about wishing Tank would have transferred, can’t blame Bo for doing what’s best for him if that’s the case. Sucks all around. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Does this speed up the timetable of the AD search?

Also, anybody think the timing of the ADAG ouster was because folks around the program saw how bad we were looking behind closed doors, and realized we needed to be looking for a new AD to hire a new coach? 

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I never dreamed it would get to this point this fast.

Can't say you weren't warned early and often.

Clarity is often achieved with an open mind rather than stubbornness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Last year was Harsin's first year and then there was the off season crap where I thought he was treated unfairly. For those reasons I had decided to give Harsin a pass going into this season.

I wanted to give him a fair chance and not pre-judge things. I also said it was up to him at this point to prove himself, one way or the other, if he could do the job. No talk, it would be decided on the field. He didn't pass the test. 

He had to know, when he was hired the biggest need was offensive lineman. Between recruiting, the portal, junior college transfers, or just training/coaching the current linemen on the roster, there has been zero improvement.

We all wished he was going to be to Auburn, what Urban Meyer was to Florida or Ohio State but it is obvious, that is just not going to be the case. Personally, I vote to get rid of him before seasons end, then get a jump start on the search!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4

Hopefully, CBH can atone for some of this. I feel really bad for the players that came back and believed in the process. The defensive guys stock may have taken a hit today and had tank went to UGA he would be RB1

Edited by e808

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Haven’t posted in a looooong time…

just came to say Todd Monken.  Go read his bio. Combine his qualifications with seeing how UGA runs now and it’s a no brainer

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/todd--monken-/3089

Yup I'm ALL IN on Monken.

7 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

This Boise State crew of coaches is so very ill prepared to coach in this conference. I’ve always said he deserved 3 years, but the AU program is down there with Vandy currently and will NEVER catch back up to be a meaningful team in this conference. After 45 years as a fan, I just don’t understand the university anymore. This program is very embarrassing and screw giving Harsin and his Boise staff another year. There is not one team left on the schedule this year that this team is really capable of beating. AU 2022 football is done. Someone please give me a reason to think otherwise. We are the joke of the West like Vandy is the East. 

Be confident , you should be happy to watch one more winning game:  WKY @AU

16 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He had to know, when he was hired the biggest need was offensive lineman. Between recruiting, the portal, junior college transfers, or just training/coaching the current linemen on the roster, there has been zero improvement.

We all wished he was going to be to Auburn, what Urban Meyer was to Florida or Ohio State but it is obvious, that is just not going to be the case. Personally, I vote to get rid of him before seasons end, then get a jump start the search!

I agree. Based on what we saw, it would probably be worse on recruiting to keep him around as a lame duck at this point.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Hardest schedule, ultra demanding fan base due to Bama/Georgia success, coaching carousel started, list goes on. What great coach would walk into that even with a blank check offer? Seriously. It’s painful, but I just don’t see a good path for a long time.

Maybe. Maybe not. Remember TN plays bammer & GA every season too and they finally found their guy.

I agree to go ALL IN on Monken. He resurrected Southern Miss into the Cotton Bowl and a historic offense three years after the 0-12 disaster of 2012.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Remember TN plays bammer & GA every season too and they finally found their guy.

I agree to go ALL IN on Monken. He resurrected Southern Miss into the Cotton Bowl and a historic offense three years after the 0-12 disaster of 2012.

They're not going to be playing them every season in a few years, though. But if they actually try to balance the schedules (re: Vandy for us), it will equalize things somewhat.

Alright, I'm putting Monken on the same category as Deion and Grimes. Heck, maybe put Lebby in there too? IDK. Not confident we could get any of them, but gotta make them say no.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

I feel like a freakin Vandy fan. Also can y’all stop bringing up Deion? WTF would he come here? 

Edited by WFE12

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Can't say you weren't warned early and often.

Clarity is often achieved with an open mind rather than stubbornness.

It’s cool. Some people want to just go into every season with a positive mindset. Understandable..We get blasted for being realistic though. In the case of players with mediocre play how often do they actually stay here and improve into becoming a good player? It don’t happen here! TJ is who he is just like Bo. O-line is what they are. We knew this. I was honestly hoping for 8 wins which at this point would feel like a miracle.

• Like 1