When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

It’s cool. Some people want to just go into every season with a positive mindset. Understandable..We get blasted for being realistic though. In the case of players with mediocre play how often do they actually stay here and improve into becoming a good player? It don’t happen here! TJ is who he is just like Bo. O-line is what they are. We knew this. I was honestly hoping for 8 wins which at this point would feel like a miracle.

People tried to convince us TJ was going to work. When’s the last time you can remember - or anyone can remember - when a QB drastically changed their level of play? The last time a QB went from a liability to a strength? I can’t remember it. People want to say Jason Campbell but I never remember JC being as bad as TJ.

It’s just unrealistic. There was no way he was ever going to be what we needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Hopefully, CBH can atone for some of this. I feel really bad for the players that came back and believed in the process. The defensive guys stock may have taken a hit today and had tank went to UGA he would be RB1

Tank on the phone with Bo, I should’ve stayed in the portal with you, I should’ve stayed in the portal!

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

People tried to convince us TJ was going to work. When’s the last time you can remember - or anyone can remember - when a QB drastically changed their level of play? The last time a QB went from a liability to a strength? I can’t remember it. People want to say Jason Campbell but I never remember JC being as bad as TJ.

CBH used a lot of word play in trying to sell TJ as the starter . Pretty much the deciding factor was he knew the plays. I don’t recall him saying it was performance based. I will say TJ showed guts today and the coach did him know favors. Instead of the conservative approach basically in ur own end zone before the half u want to take chances and TJ takes a nasty hit.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Go get Lane K. He's right down the road and wouldn't have to move far. I'd be fine with Hugh but Lane is an easy sell imo. He's not going to win a natty at Ole Miss. He gets to stay in the SEC West and have a real chance of pissing off the midget every year. He'd relish in that. Auburn would give him the opportunity to recruit higher rated players on both sides of the ball. Go get Lane!

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Jason also went through multiple offensive coordinators and learning new offenses.  Luckily it clicked in 2004, that and have 2 all American running backs with him in the backfield.

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Go get Lane K. He's right down the road and wouldn't have to move far. I'd be fine with Hugh but Lane is an easy sell imo. He's not going to win a natty at Ole Miss. He gets to stay in the SEC West and have a real chance of pissing off the midget every year. He'd relish in that. Auburn would give him the opportunity to recruit higher rated players on both sides of the ball. Go get Lane!

I’ll take that! Heck, I’ll take Will Muschamp or Steele at this point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e808 said:

Hopefully, CBH can atone for some of this. I feel really bad for the players that came back and believed in the process. The defensive guys stock may have taken a hit today and had tank went to UGA he would be RB1

I don’t know. The more I watched tank today, the more I realized he’s only out there to get the ball. He didn’t block at all on pass plays. He just let defenders blow right by him when his assignment was to block. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

What day does the buyout decrease?    That’s probably when it will happen.   Our PTB don’t give a rip about the football program.   Only their wallets.   

i think out PTB do care a lot about football and they spend tons of money on auburn but at the end of the day they are fans just like us. this is my take on it. shrugs

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Don't bank on that.  Western KY can play.

This. After that performance yesterday I’m not convinced we can win another game this year. Certainly none are gimmes 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Who gives a s*** if he kicks puppies ?? Get a coach with some balls . I don’t care what he does. Win . 

i care who kicks puppies. i have three rescues. anniston has three dog catchers going to trial soon for torturing dogs and cats. and yes torture is one of the things they are charged with. they gave no sedatives before giving them the kill shot. and they just kept stabbing into these animals until they finally hit its heart. just horrible stuff. now maybe you did not literally kicking puppies but it left a bad taste and i had to say something.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deion Sanders. 🤷‍♂️

We get Q as AD and Prime as HC?   Sign me up!

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think out PTB do care a lot about football and they spend tons of money on auburn but at the end of the day they are fans just like us. this is my take on it. shrugs

True....also lots of Alumni.......they are easy scapegoats for tigerdroppings type message boards.........but truth is if the Ptb hit the portal Auburn is much worse off.

Pretty boy should have spent less time on his wife cheater bod and more time doing what he gets paid for.......what an emotion less joke of a coach.

3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

True....also lots of Alumni.......they are easy scapegoats for tigerdroppings type message boards.........but truth is if the Ptb hit the portal Auburn is much worse off.

Pretty boy should have spent less time on his wife cheater bod and more time doing what he gets paid for.......what an emotion less joke of a coach.

now now kev you know pretty boys do not have short hair........well unless they are newborn. lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, meh130 said:

We need an established Power 5 recruiter, preferably with SEC/southeastern experience.

It does not need to be a current head coach. An assistant or coordinator is fine.

Could we sway Kiffin? Tuberville 2.0?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I honestly don't think he gets fired I think he steps down. I mean if he had nads thats what he should do. 

it is not about having the nads it is about losing that money if he gets fired. well this is my opinion only. now if they sweeten the pie he might haul ass.

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Could we sway Kiffin? Tuberville 2.0?

i bet most fans would take kiff in a new yourk minute at this point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now now kev you know pretty boys do not have short hair........well unless they are newborn. lol

True David Lee Roth once had long hair😆

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

it is not about having the nads it is about losing that money if he gets fired. well this is my opinion only. now if they sweeten the pie he might haul ass.

I know I corrected it yesterday. I was just saying if he had any decency he would step down and admit that this isn't working out, but I digress because he's not going to do that.

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Can't say you weren't warned early and often.

Clarity is often achieved with an open mind rather than stubbornness.

So the question now is when does it happen? That's the most important thing now. Timing is crucial for the future.  I have no faith in AU Administration to get any of this right

after the game was over a penn state player smashed out log on field with a sledge hammer. franklin was giving an interview on field and saw it and did not stop it. all this is fact! i could not get the video to post but i watched it. i am sure franklin will apologize later for it but he let it happen. i have watched him chase his own players down before for lesser crimes. i will never pull for them again until franklin is gone.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I’ll take that! Heck, I’ll take Will Muschamp or Steele at this point.

Champ would at least show some emotion and act like he cares on the sideline. Harsin looks like he is at someone's funeral visitation 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I mean, is this our best loss? Considering where we’ve been with Harsin? Is a blowout loss to a B1G team what we needed to potentially pull everyone together an wipe the slate clean? 

It's cumulative for me at this point. We've lost the last 6/8 games and haven't beaten a team with a real pulse since last October. For those who have heard about the Barfield years but didn't see them, that futility didn't even happen with him. Yes the SEC might be stronger now but so should Auburn. You can't excuse losses today because the opponent got tougher to beat. Why in heavens didn't we get better along with them? When you fail to correct your mistakes your mistakes will fail you. I can't be responsible for that kind of failure at my job. Yep, midway through year two is going to be viewed as too soon by many outsiders but some of those outsiders are inwardly relishing the fact that Auburn has fallen and they don't want us to get up. Auburn has to turn off the outside noise, wake up and make a change and there is no time like the present. Either we want to win or we want to watch others win. Nobody wants to lose. 

Edited by gr82be
Year two
  • Like 3