When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Champ would at least show some emotion and act like he cares on the sideline. Harsin looks like he is at someone's funeral visitation 

I'm by no means wanting Champ but I agree atleast at the end of the 1st half when Finley threw that interception that he would have been raising cane because the clock was at 0:00 and the play should have been blown dead. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e808 said:

Hopefully, CBH can atone for some of this. I feel really bad for the players that came back and believed in the process. The defensive guys stock may have taken a hit today and had tank went to UGA he would be RB1

He will probably win against some horrific teams but the writing is on the wall. The key now is Auburn needs to make the right damn hire. It shouldn’t be that hard but Auburn makes it way harder than it has to be. 

With signing day in Dec..... if a change is going to be made we can't wait till after the season. I imagine calls are being made to reps of coaching candidates to gage interest. To mitigate future damage all this has to be done right. The question is.... Is Mcglynn a puppet for the PTB... or will he go rogue like Greene did? I think it's the former 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

He will probably win against some horrific teams but the writing is on the wall. The key now is Auburn needs to make the right damn hire. It shouldn’t be that hard but Auburn makes it way harder than it has to be. 

I'm not sure he can beat Mizzo on Sat, are u?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not sure he can beat Mizzo on Sat, are u?

I think we can squeak by them, but that is the problem. WTF, We are hoping to beat Mizzou?! This is not the Auburn way. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

With signing day in Dec..... if a change is going to be made we can't wait till after the season. I imagine calls are being made to reps of coaching candidates to gage interest. To mitigate future damage all this has to be done right. The question is.... Is Mcglynn a puppet for the PTB... or will he go rogue like Greene did? I think it's the former 

He is the athletic director my guy. I will be insanely surprised if he wasn't named it tbh. 

Just now, DAG said:

He is the athletic director my guy. I will be insanely surprised if he wasn't named it tbh. 

Ok, so is he a puppet for the PTB.... with this Harsin hire going south, have to believe this next hire will have to come with  Yellow Fellows blessing

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think we can squeak by them, but that is the problem. WTF, We are hoping to beat Mizzou?! This is not the Auburn way. 

We beat Mizzou and LSU and things quieten down a level, 4-1 isn't so bad after all. Then we get curb-stomped by UGA. Same old story.

The difference this year, is that I don't think Harsin has the Arkansas/Ole Miss run that he did (surprisingly) last year. I would put money on a winless October and 4-4 (at best) heading into November.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

College coaches are not coaches, they are recruiters.  Give us the best recruiter, I don’t care if he can’t coach 8th grade P.E.  If you have the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s you win the most.  
Unless you’re Jimbo. 
Give us Deion. 

Just cannot go with Deion. No disrespect.

8 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

So Saban and Kirby can’t coach? They’re only recruiters? Ok. I personally think Deion would make a spectacle of AU. Then again at this point, it really doesn’t matter anymore. 

Yes, they are way better recruiters than they are coaches.  They have the best players, seems obvious.  And speaking of making a spectacle, what is Hars doing right now?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok, so is he a puppet for the PTB.... with this Harsin hire going south, have to believe this next hire will have to come with  Yellow Fellows blessing

I agree and also think it’s imperative for AU to become football relevant again.

Just now, DAG said:

This might sound like a crazy idea but what do you guys think about this guy 

0EE8C672-F53F-492B-943E-C65474F57C26.webp

That would be the homerun hire that we get excited about but ultimately don't get. Jeff Fisher 2.0

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

That would be the homerun hire that we get excited about but ultimately don't get. Jeff Fisher 2.0

Iono I am a huge panthers fan and he is probably going to get fired sooner rather than later . Petrino 2.0. 

I could see him coming back to college 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Multiple mentions of him elsewhere. He would be a great hire I think. Seems built more for the college game. Sometimes once those guys get a taste of the pros without the hassle of recruiting though…

Edited by fredst

13 hours ago, meh130 said:

We were going hard after Cristobal, but couldn’t move quickly enough.

Cristobal would have been a home-run hire.

Napier was a good second option.

The same Cristobal whose 13th ranked Canes laid an egg in College Station last night against a team that just lost to App State?

And Napier? His 3 pt nail biter against USF looked as bad as or worse than our San Jose State game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thought crossed my mind a few times, but that may be one of those wait to see if he gets fired situations.

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Multiple mentions of him elsewhere. He would be a great hire I think. Seems built more for the college game. Sometimes once those guys get a taste of the pros without the hassle of recruiting though…

Yep . This can be very good. Call him imo. 

11 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

The same Cristobal whose 13th ranked Canes laid an egg in College Station last night against a team that just lost to App State?

And Napier? His 3 pt nail biter against USF looked as bad as or worse than our San Jose State game. 

Yes because judging them by two games at new programs 🤣

23 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

We beat Mizzou and LSU and things quieten down a level, 4-1 isn't so bad after all. Then we get curb-stomped by UGA. Same old story.

The difference this year, is that I don't think Harsin has the Arkansas/Ole Miss run that he did (surprisingly) last year. I would put money on a winless October and 4-4 (at best) heading into November.

If we get boat-raced at both Georgia and Ole Miss, I could see him getting canned after that. Bye week after Ole Miss would let the interim get acclimated a bit...

Hope it doesn't go down that way, but his dismissal before the 2022 calendar year ends appears inevitable.

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

He would be an ok hire might even be good to great but who knows but I do think we pull an LSU and hire somebody with a name this time. People can say that we can only get Harsin like hires but I don't agree atleast this time. 

Edited by autiger88

19 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Proving again that there is no such thing as a “home run hire” honestly. Finding the best cultural fit of a guy that wants to be at Auburn and do everything necessary to make Auburn successful (recruit, schmooze the PTBs, etc.). I know that guy is out there, we just have to identify him and make it happen 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1