When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Looking back,even though I wouldnt have agreed at the time, they should have cut Harsin loose in Feb. At least we would be 1 year in on a new regime. Now feels like we are gonna waste another recruiting class and be left twisting in the wind another cycle

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

This might sound like a crazy idea but what do you guys think about this 

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Isn't interim AD Rich McGlynn the guy that shot down Freeze during the post-Gus search?

If so, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that option

Exactly . That is what scares me. If he is the AD we can get ready for Grimes

My first two calls would be to Fickell and Rhule, and I’d make them both tell me no.  Both are damn good coaches.  

If we are looking at coordinators I think their first call will be to Jeff Grimes. 

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

My first two calls would be to Fickell and Rhule, and I’d make them both tell me no.  Both are damn good coaches.  

If we are looking at coordinators I think their first call will be to Jeff Grimes. 

Add Kendal Briles to your second category, and I think we have ourselves a great short list

Edited by BigBlueWDE

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

According to an article I read Freeze did something stupid again at Liberty. They were in the middle of a lawsuit with a girl and freeze texted her saying all kinds of stuff and basically ruined the lawsuit. He would need to be watched 24/7 and I just don't think we would be able to do that so it's a no for me when It comes to freeze. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

According to an article I read Freeze did something stupid again at Liberty. They were in the middle of a lawsuit with a girl and freeze texted her saying all kinds of stuff and basically ruined the lawsuit. He would need to be watched 24/7 and I just don't think we would be able to do that so it's a no for me when It comes to freeze. 

We could. We did it with players but I get it. I am just at the point where all the best coaches have skeletons in their closets or wide open. It is what it is. 

Just now, DAG said:

We could. We did it with players but I get it. I am just at the point where all the best coaches have skeletons in their closets or wide open. It is what it is. 

True. I guess it's just a wait and see approach right now. 

the #1 most important thing right now is recruiting and specifically 1A OL and 1B DL.  it really doesn't matter if the person can coach. if they can recruit great assistants and great players that is all that matters in the short term. we need about 15 4 star OL just to get some kind of foundation laid. i don't see fickell, rhule, or freeze doing that.

the only for sure people who can currently are saban and smart. even dabo ignored the importance of recruiting and stocking full classes each year and clem has been feeling that the last couple seasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

That would be the homerun hire that we get excited about but ultimately don't get. Jeff Fisher 2.0

Fischer was never a home run hire

8 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

the #1 most important thing right now is recruiting and specifically 1A OL and 1B DL.  it really doesn't matter if the person can coach. if they can recruit great assistants and great players that is all that matters in the short term. we need about 15 4 star OL just to get some kind of foundation laid. i don't see fickell, rhule, or freeze doing that.

the only for sure people who can currently are saban and smart. even dabo ignored the importance of recruiting and stocking full classes each year and clem has been feeling that the last couple seasons.

Getting 15 4-star OL on the roster is only achievable by getting at least 3 4-star OL per class. We had one last class and are currently sitting at one this class. That isn't the way. We will be very lucky to get a second one this year and it will most likely take a flip.  

For context, Saban's first recruiting class at Bama had 0, his second recruiting class had 3, his third recruiting class had 3, and then the machine was rolling. 

It doesn't take immediate makeover. It just takes consistent improvement of talent

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Looking around at other places, some “insiders” think a permanent AD by November…hearing the Utah State guy and the Kentucky guy a lot.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

I’m not disagreeing with this but it’s probably the hardest thing to do.   Recruiting good offensive  lineman appears to be something that Auburn can’t do.   There must be something that is preventing good lineman from signing.  It can’t be because they can’t come in play.   So what is the problem?   Is it lack of putting guys in the NFL? Is it coaching?  The next guy needs to figure this out quickly.  

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This might sound like a crazy idea but what do you guys think about this guy 

0EE8C672-F53F-492B-943E-C65474F57C26.webp

Only issue here is the NFL season.

Unless he's fired mid season, he can't be hired until Jan 10th. Basically means completely passing on the 23 class more importantly the winter portal season.

6 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

It doesn't take immediate makeover. It just takes consistent improvement of talent

And oversigning classes leads to extreme imbalance across the roster, like we're seeing now.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is exactly how I feel ..minus the freeze thing(although I could get on board).

People are acting, again, like being right is better than being best for Auburn.  No matter the debate, CBH being successful was always what was best for Auburn.  His performance yesterday, while validating to those that never supported him, was not good for Auburn. The fact that some are reveling in his failure is pathetic. It pathetic because it means Auburn looked bad and Auburn failed.

Yes, I wanted CBH to be the next Saban and take us to the CFP promise land. Yes, I still think his vision is what we need at Auburn. However, just like Gus, who I supported until he proved himself, I believe CBH is now more detrimental to Auburn than what he can do for Auburn. Therefore we need to move quickly to salvage what we can.

This^^^ sorry out of reacts. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not disagreeing with this but it’s probably the hardest thing to do.   Recruiting good offensive  lineman appears to be something that Auburn can’t do.   There must be something that is preventing good lineman from signing.  It can’t be because they can’t come in play.   So what is the problem?   Is it lack of putting guys in the NFL? Is it coaching?  The next guy needs to figure this out quickly.  

Yes, I know. I agree about it being difficult. I was simply trying to illustrate how far in the hole we are, but most of you guys know that already. Just adding my 2 cents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is exactly how I feel ..minus the freeze thing(although I could get on board).

People are acting, again, like being right is better than being best for Auburn.  No matter the debate, CBH being successful was always what was best for Auburn.  His performance yesterday, while validating to those that never supported him, was not good for Auburn. The fact that some are reveling in his failure is pathetic. It pathetic because it means Auburn looked bad and Auburn failed.

Yes, I wanted CBH to be the next Saban and take us to the CFP promise land. Yes, I still think his vision is what we need at Auburn. However, just like Gus, who I supported until he proved himself, I believe CBH is now more detrimental to Auburn than what he can do for Auburn. The deck was severely stacked against him, but he hasn't figured out how to play with it and therefore we need to move quickly to salvage what we can.

Yes sir! If me being wrong means we get the best at Auburn , SIGN ME UP. But some people just want to win the argument. It was the same thing about Gus. Nobody wanted to be right about Gus’s transparent flaws (well maybe some). Him being successful would’ve been the best thing for Auburn. Same with CBH. It’s not personal but some it always was personal. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I wanted CBH to be the next Saban and take us to the CFP promise land. Yes, I still think his vision is what we need at Auburn. However, just like Gus, who I supported until he proved himself, I believe CBH is now more detrimental to Auburn than what he can do for Auburn. The deck was severely stacked against him, but he hasn't figured out how to play with it and therefore we need to move quickly to salvage what we can.

Well said, Bird. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Looking around at other places, some “insiders” think a permanent AD by November…hearing the Utah State guy and the Kentucky guy a lot.

Yesterday when I heard that about Mitch Barnhart at first I was like that probably wouldn't be a good hire but I think I can get on board with it because he did bring in both Stoops and Calipari. 

Edited by autiger88

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This so much. I just want Auburn to have sustained success. I want other teams to dread playing us and to be a threat to win every game we play, knowing that we are still going to lose some. I want to be relevant every year at a national level. We haven’t had that for at least 15 years even though we have had some intoxicating seasons in that time. I don’t care if it’s the guy I want or the guy I think is totally wrong, I just want *that* guy. Ready to be done with these p*****g contests about this or that HC and their failings. I also understand this may not happen in my lifetime lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1