When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How long does an AD search typically take??

Well, Jacobs announced he was retiring at the beginning of Nov in 2017 and Greene was officially hired mid January of 2018 but those circumstances were a little different.  Everyone has known for months a new AD would need to be hired this year.  

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

No. 8 wins would have been a miracle all off-season. We didn't need PSU to show us how bad it really is.

It's the worst AU O-Line I've ever seen, both pre-season and watching it for 3 games. Cubelic had it graded as a minus in August. One of the pumpers argued with me on that.

Some of us have been trying to warn the pumpers for impact. Some of us for several months now. Some of us since last November. But they'd rather deem us idiots and ask why we won't stick up for our HC.

Now they finally see that mangled, totaled car being towed to the junk yard and no longer need us to tell them.

I’ll be honest and say I checked out on a lot regarding Auburn football off -seasons in the final years of Gus.  Stopped following spring practice, A-Day, fall camps, recruiting etc. because it always seemed same old same ol. 

So anyway, my first tip off this could be uglier than some thought was a quote from the offensive line coach early in camp I believe.  I don’t remember it verbatim but it was a less than glowing/optimistic review from their own coach…

Tough days on the plains…

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Getting 15 4-star OL on the roster is only achievable by getting at least 3 4-star OL per class. We had one last class and are currently sitting at one this class. That isn't the way. We will be very lucky to get a second one this year and it will most likely take a flip.  

For context, Saban's first recruiting class at Bama had 0, his second recruiting class had 3, his third recruiting class had 3, and then the machine was rolling. 

It doesn't take immediate makeover. It just takes consistent improvement of talent

I agree, but, these types of players do not want to come to Auburn right now. The roster is in terrible shape for a S.E.C. West team. We need instant portal relief.

Deon-Sanders-1.jpg

Edited by VegasEagle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Deon-Sanders-1.jpg

Hey, I'd be on board with Neon Deion. It would be exciting to say the least. 

Having said that, it would kind of undermine one of his primary messages of serving a higher calling by coaching at an HBCU. I just don't see it (maybe, maybe FSU one day)

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Does he get fired tomorrow?

Does he survive til the end of the season?

Maybe after a losing streak of 3 or 4 (after Ole Miss or Arky)?

OR

Does he somehow survive and we see him on the sidelines next year?

I would let Harsin finish out the season. This year is toast anyway. Let's use the next couple of months to put together a list of interested coaches who have a shot at improving AU's football team. That way we can make an intelligent, studied hire. It still may not work out but I think that's the best approach.

• Dislike 2

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes sir! If me being wrong means we get the best at Auburn , SIGN ME UP. But some people just want to win the argument. It was the same thing about Gus. Nobody wanted to be right about Gus’s transparent flaws (well maybe some). Him being successful would’ve been the best thing for Auburn. Same with CBH. It’s not personal but some it always was personal. 

Exactly right.  Support until they prove one way or the other then... choose Auburn.

18 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don’t understand how the OL is so much worse than last season. We didn’t think they’d be good, but this? The UGA game will be so ugly, Harsin may have to go immediately after. 

We lost our 4 year starting center a week before the season and replaced him with a 285 lb back up with almost zero experience. That and, while not great, Hamm was far better than Trox at RT

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Hey, I'd be on board with Neon Deion. It would be exciting to say the least. 

Having said that, it would kind of undermine one of his primary messages of serving a higher calling by coaching at an HBCU. I just don't see it (maybe, maybe FSU one day)

I agree with you, but we can break the bank. I said the last time we were looking, that it will cost us money not to get him. Look, Coach H is not a bad coach, but, he is damage goods now. He does not have the players, and we are going downhill fast. Exhibit A: O-line      Exhibit B: Last years class    Exhibit C : This years class   Exhibit D : Yesterday

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly right.  Support until they prove one way or the other then... choose Auburn.

This is where I am. I supported the hire because there is nothing I can do about it other than hope he succeeds because that would be great for Auburn. He’s obviously not going to do great things for Auburn, so it’s time to move on. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don’t understand how the OL is so much worse than last season. We didn’t think they’d be good, but this? The UGA game will be so ugly, Harsin may have to go immediately after. 

Depends on if Kirby wants to embarrass Auburn. He’s had chances before and hasn’t yet. 

14 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Let’s not act like Sanders took a “step down” for this higher calling he has had.   He had a failed prep school and a stint as an OC at a Christian high school, not exactly like he had some great coaching resume. 

This is his FIRST real coaching gig.  The higher calling act is just show. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why is it worse than last year's? Turnover in personnel is a part of college football and it should be planned for. What happened to the alleged "development" we were supposed to get? If the O-line personnel is so terrible why were no measures taken to bring in new blood? With such "terrible players" it should have been easy to find better out there.

I don't think Harsin agrees with your assessment of AU's O-line talent. If he did he'd have done something about it. The alternative explanation is that he's a fool and that's not the case at all. He may not be a fit at AU but he's not a fool. He knows football.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why is it worse than last year's? Turnover in personnel is a part of college football and it should be planned for. What happened to the alleged "development" we were supposed to get? If the O-line personnel is so terrible why were no measures taken to bring in new blood? With such "terrible players" it should have been easy to find better out there.

I don't think Harsin agrees with your assessment of AU's O-line talent. If he did he'd have done something about it. The alternative explanation is that he's a fool and that's not the case at all. He may not be a fit at AU but he's not a fool. He knows football.

Priceless 

fran-healy-travis.gif

• Haha 3

Folks, I fell into the trap thinking Harsin could develop our current roster to give him time to upgrade our talent level . He is 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. The development didn't happen and for various reasons he hasn't upgraded our talent level. His only card left is Calzada. If he lights it up against Mizzou, the question will be. Why did it take so long to put him in. No win situation.  Just not a good fit. I'm past blaming Gus or Harsin or anybody else. They all played a part. Time to get the RIGHT guy in to fix it. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 7

Its going to take a lot more than just hiring a new coach. It will take years of managing the NIL that everyone thought was needed and a great idea. AU was at the bottom of the curve when this phenomena hit. We need players willing to come to Auburn during these mediocre years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Priceless 

As expected, no meaningful answers, just a mindless gif. Maybe you should calm down, go into a quiet corner and lick your wounds. You have plenty of them to lick.

1 minute ago, Tigers77 said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here…did this guy defend Gus’s O line recruiting and development??? 

And continues to double down to this day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here…did this guy defend Gus’s O line recruiting and development??? 

Defended it only with respect to Harsin's failings in that area. I'll once again post that the Gus Bus needs a bumper sticker: "I might be slow but I'm ahead of you".

I watched UT play UTSA last night.  Jeff Traylor has done a phenomenal job at UTSA, and his players love him. I'd put him on the list of candidates. Harsin needs to go ASAP.  He knows he is gone, and he's got to be angry and bitter about the offseason bs.  I can't see anything positive coming out of leaving him hanging around.

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

Defended it only with respect to Harsin's failings in that area. I'll once again post that the Gus Bus needs a bumper sticker: "I might be slow but I'm ahead of you".

Ummmm ok. 😂. Pretty sure you got the “might be slow” part right

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Defended it only with respect to Harsin's failings in that area. 

Is that what you were doing in 2017, 18, 19, 20?

Your dishonesty is astonishing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

I watched UT play UTSA last night.  Jeff Traylor has done a phenomenal job at UTSA, and his players love him. I'd put him on the list of candidates. Harsin needs to go ASAP.  He knows he is gone, and he's got to be angry and bitter about the offseason bs.  I can't see anything positive coming out of leaving him hanging around.

I've worked with Jeff before when he was at Longview.  Amazing guy and coach.  He'd be good, but he's not ready for this job yet 

• Like 1