When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No reason other than,,, can you afford to pay another coach not to coach and still come up with the kind of money it takes to compete in the NIL age.

To be fair, you also have to ask,,, can you afford not to.

The only reasonable course is to go with an interim/transitional head coach.  Spend your money on coordinators.  Our HC budget is already gone for the foreseeable future.

29 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Serious question: is there any reason to wait to fire Harsin at this point? It seems that this season is lost regardless. Recruiting can’t get worse than it is. 

There isn’t even one coach on this team that has the chops to act as interim for an SEC level program today.  Not even one. 

• Like 1

Why not have Caddy as interim coach?  He loves Auburn and understands what the expectations are here.  He also understands recruiting and recruits love him.  Give him the chance.  That’s how Clemson found Dabo.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Really good post, here. My question is, What constitutes the RIGHT guy and why have we been so bad at finding him the past 15-20 years?

Good question... What is most important trait in a coach? Recruiting? Roster Mgmt? Assembling a staff? Some are good at some things not others..

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Why not have Caddy as interim coach?  He loves Auburn and understands what the expectations are here.  He also understands recruiting and recruits love him.  Give him the chance.  That’s how Clemson found Dabo.

Dabo had close to a decade as an experienced position coach and was solidified as the best recruiter in the nation prior to getting that interim tag. I like caddy but being a position coach and being a HC is a large spectrum .

Edited by DAG

19 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

What day does the buyout decrease?    That’s probably when it will happen.   Our PTB don’t give a rip about the football program.   Only their wallets.   

That’s a stupid thing to say, if all they cared about was their wallet and not football, why would they be boosters?

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dabo had close to a decade as an experienced position coach and was solidified as the best recruiter in the nation prior to getting that interim tag. I like caddy but being a position coach and being a HC is a large spectrum .

True but I think at worst Caddy would keep the ship afloat.  I also think he has the personality to let his coordinators do their job which I think is valuable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly! Like i said. Go get Lane!

I don't see where a currently successful head coach would come to AU right now. Especially not after the off season drama. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to have him, but I just don't see it happening. IMO, given our current circumstances, Deion is our best option.

3 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

I don't see where a currently successful head coach would come to AU right now. Especially not after the off season drama. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to have him, but I just don't see it happening. IMO, given our current circumstances, Deion is our best option.

Because he's not going to win a natty at Ole Miss. He can at Auburn. Ole Miss may have a dream season once every 5 or 6 years. He can make Auburn a consistent top team with recruiting top 8 or 10 classes every year. It's honestly an easy sell. You can sell it to Lane because of his big ego and being a challenge to actually beat Saban on a regular basis. 

Lane took jobs at historic programs: Tenn and USC. He loves the spotlight. Ole Miss is only going so far. 

I don't get people being so fascinated with Deion. As someone who has parents that graduated from HBCUs, i absolutely love what he has done and doing. However, unless it's FSU i hope he stays at Jackson State and helps HBCUs continue to change and grow. Deion is a great recruiter but i do highly question him as a coach when it comes to Xs' and Os. 

That would be a huge jump and yes the recruited talent would help but I'd like to see him coach 2 or 3 years at D1 before we sign on to him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Against who?

:: squints ::

Oh, Grambling. Gotcha. 

Read the bottom part. First time in 23 years.  Otherwise, welcome to years of being in the middle of the pack as being consider a good year.

• Like 3

Let's face it I'm really beginning to think he isn't gonna even try he just wants to get paid until we A. Fire Him or B. We force him to step down. That second part isn't gonna happen so now it's just a wait and see approach. 🙄

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Let's face it I'm really beginning to think he isn't gonna even try he just wants to get paid until we A. Fire Him or B. We force him to step down. That second part isn't gonna happen so now it's just a wait and see approach. 🙄

The final FU from February...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The final FU from February...

Truth. Hell if I was in his shoes I would be that petty for that much money. He already knew going into the year he was more then likely a Deadman walking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Deion Sanders would at least even the playing field for having a coach in the same amount of commercials as our rival.

AFLAC! Will we get to see the duck if he comes here? 🤣

Edited by autiger88

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Truth. Hell if I was in his shoes I would be that petty for that much money. He already knew going into the year he was more then likely a Deadman walking. 

Again, it makes no sense. If you know you're going to fire him, fire him. Don't make up stuff to weasel out of the contract.

And after the attempted coup, you should've manned up and paid the man because whether you cut him today or he runs out his contract, he's due the money agree to. You're not saving any money and when you openly express your intentions to cut someone but continue to pay them, you only incentivize said employee to not want to earn their paycheck.

But maybe someone with more business sense can explain to me how I'm off...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Again, it makes no sense. If you know you're going to fire him, fire him. Don't make up stuff to weasel out of the contract.

And after the attempted coup, you should've manned up and paid the man because whether you cut him today or he runs out his contract, he's due the money agree to. You're not saving any money and when you openly express your intentions to cut someone but continue to pay them, you only incentivize said employee to not want to earn their paycheck.

But maybe someone with more business sense can explain to me how I'm off...

Paid him too much to start as unproven Coach and reccruiter. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen an Auburn Football Review today? It usually runs at 10 am central on BSSE, & I record it & watch it Sunday afternoon. So, I just checked to see what the heck Harsin would have to say about that game, & it apparently didn't run this morning. It's also not up on YouTube at present. No idea what that means. But it's another weird piece of this ugly puzzle.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Against who?

:: squints ::

Oh, Grambling. Gotcha. 

Who do you think he was coaching with? Alabama? 

Success proportionally to your level of competition is the primary way you should evaluate performance 

• Like 1