When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

10 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Has anyone seen an Auburn Football Review today? It usually runs at 10 am central on BSSE, & I record it & watch it Sunday afternoon. So, I just checked to see what the heck Harsin would have to say about that game, & it apparently didn't run this morning. It's also not up on YouTube at present. No idea what that means. But it's another weird piece of this ugly puzzle.

Oops! Sorry for the false info. My sister saw it. Don't know why I didn't get it. Sorry.

Well after a night of sleeping on it and reflection, the situation seems just as screwed up as it was when I went to bed lol. I just don’t know what to think. We are in a bad, bad spot here I do know that. Best I can can rationally come up with is to cut bait like Nebraska did, circle the wagons with the ptb, and start the process of finding the right HC. This season is shot already, determine the best we have on staff that can get us through the season and play for pride. All we got. 

• Like 3

For those of you who don't understand what the Creed has to do with this situation, I can't help you.  Had you gone to Auburn and paid attention, you would know.  Even if you don't live by the Auburn Creed, you should know about the concept of fairness.  Blaming Harsin because we do not have enough players to  be competitive is like blaming a gun for gun violence.  I am sure many of you filled this board with vitriol calling for Gus to be fired for what you felt was a good reason.  What you saw on Saturday is exactly what Gus' team would have looked like were he still at Auburn.   Most of the players on the field were recruited by him.  New coaches are usually given five years to build their teams. 

Also, for those of you who believe my mention of boosters and Board of Trustee members meddling in the football program is a conspiracy theory, remember jetgate where boosters flew to a small airport outside Louisville, KY on a plane owned by then BOT member Lowder to meet with Bobby Patrino the week before the Auburn Alabama game.  Tommy Tuberville was still our head coach and we beat Alabama and this group of boosters looked like fools. This stuff has always gone on at Auburn and it is time for it to stop.    I have a letter going to President Roberts and each member of the Board of Trustees reminding them of their fiduciary duties to Auburn University and suggesting that if anyone has been associated in any way with the efforts, both covert or otherwise to get rid of Coach Harsin, they should tender their resignation immediately.   Auburn Athletics will never be all it can be until we demand a stop to the meddling.  Alabama had the same problems with Bear Bryant, Jr. until they finally saw the light and got him off their board.  The Auburn family needs to hold the President and the Board of Trustees accountable.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 5
  • Angry 2
  • Dislike 3

21 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

We’ve got to get the AD hire right to get a coach That can right the ship. Or it will be rinse and repeat when Harsin is gone 

AD’s don’t hire football 🏈 coaches at Auburn anyways 97% of the time….

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

For those of you who don't understand what the Creed has to do with this situation, I can't help you.  Had you gone to Auburn and paid attention, you would know.  Even if you don't live by the Auburn Creed, you should know about the concept of fairness.  Blaming Harsin because we do not have enough players to  be competitive is like blaming a gun for gun violence.  I am sure many of you filled this board with vitriol calling for Gus to be fired for what you felt was a good reason.  What you saw on Saturday is exactly what Gus' team would have looked like were he still at Auburn.   Most of the players on the field were recruited by him.  New coaches are usually given five years to build their teams. 

Also, for those of you who believe my mention of boosters and Board of Trustee members meddling in the football program is a conspiracy theory, remember jetgate where boosters flew to a small airport outside Louisville, KY on a plane owned by then BOT member Lowder to meet with Bobby Patrino the week before the Auburn Alabama game.  Tommy Tuberville was still our head coach and we beat Alabama and this group of boosters looked like fools. This stuff has always gone on at Auburn and it is time for it to stop.    I have a letter going to President Roberts and each member of the Board of Trustees reminding them of their fiduciary duties to Auburn University and suggesting that if anyone has been associated in any way with the efforts, both covert or otherwise to get rid of Coach Harsin, they should tender their resignation immediately.   Auburn Athletics will never be all it can be until we demand a stop to the meddling.  Alabama had the same problems with Bear Bryant, Jr. until they finally saw the light and got him off their board.  The Auburn family needs to hold the President and the Board of Trustees accountable.  

Bama did not “get Bryant Jr out”.  He had to retire because of his age, the UA system has a stipulation that any Trustee has to retire once he/she reaches 70 years of age, and he served until then. 

He’s still a VERY big presence in Tuscaloosa and yields a lot of power.  The woman that replaced him, Karen Brooks, is on the BOD of Bryant Bank…owned by, you guessed it, Paul Bryant Jr.  A lot of UA BOT members have ties to Bryant Bank either directly, or via a spouse or a child.  

Bama’s boosters don’t have to meddle in the football program because they hired a coach that could be trusted to build a championship program and he did.  

I promise you, no one in Tuscaloosa “saw the light” about PBJ.  He’s still very much in control of a lot of what happens in TTown. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Has anyone said 3pm next Saturday after Auburn loses to Mizzou by 10+ points?

If we lose to Mizzou at home he 100% should be fire.  We'd literally be the worst team in the SEC

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Man I gotta applaud you, you are sticking to your guns even though they are wrong but you are still sticking to them. 🤣

• Haha 1

Fire him now while we still have a winning record. Otherwise he becomes the answer to the potential Jeopardy question of “Only AU coach since Doug Barfield to have back to back losing seasons”. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

oh okay. 

way to shift the blame away from Harsin.

Jetgate wasn't even that bad -- boosters are gonna boost and no one is going to stop that. 

24 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I don't understand why contracts aren't drawn up with performance based contingencies. If you tank a program, you shouldn't be paid millions of dollars to walk away. 

Can't get any coach worth a flip with those type stipulations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Has anyone seen an Auburn Football Review today? It usually runs at 10 am central on BSSE, & I record it & watch it Sunday afternoon. So, I just checked to see what the heck Harsin would have to say about that game, & it apparently didn't run this morning. It's also not up on YouTube at present. No idea what that means. But it's another weird piece of this ugly puzzle.

I'm just in a sarcastic mood right now but to have a Football Review show wouldn't you have actually needed to play football? :-\

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I'm just in a sarcastic mood right now but to have a Football Review show wouldn't you have actually needed to play football? :-\

I agree. Would have to search far and wide to find enuf highlights to make a 30 min show. Prob had alot of interviews and stories about the school.

2 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Because he's not going to win a natty at Ole Miss. He can at Auburn. Ole Miss may have a dream season once every 5 or 6 years. He can make Auburn a consistent top team with recruiting top 8 or 10 classes every year. It's honestly an easy sell. You can sell it to Lane because of his big ego and being a challenge to actually beat Saban on a regular basis. 

Lane took jobs at historic programs: Tenn and USC. He loves the spotlight. Ole Miss is only going so far. 

I don't get people being so fascinated with Deion. As someone who has parents that graduated from HBCUs, i absolutely love what he has done and doing. However, unless it's FSU i hope he stays at Jackson State and helps HBCUs continue to change and grow. Deion is a great recruiter but i do highly question him as a coach when it comes to Xs' and Os. 

That would be a huge jump and yes the recruited talent would help but I'd like to see him coach 2 or 3 years at D1 before we sign on to him. 

Oh I don't disagree about Deion at all. He's a major question mark. I just feel like AU has such a poor image right now that a top coach would be scared to accept an offer. If the boosters don't like you, they just get some bogus info to the media and you're toast. It feels like we almost have to get someone unproven with what appears to be a large upside bc the hole we've placed ourselves into. I'd gladly hope to be wrong. Kiffin is and has been my number one choice for a while now with Freeze sitting closely at number 2. But I don't see Kiffin coming and Auburn is more concerned about hiring Ghandi than they are winning, so that brings us to option 3. Again, just my opinion. I'd love to be incorrect.

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Does it really matter?  srs

Well it does because you interim can be way worse then your current coach. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Can't get any coach worth a flip with those type stipulations

I get it, and with superagents it's even harder. But how did it get this way?  I can't think of any other job where you can come completely undone, fail in every aspect to the detriment of your employer and not have a monetary consequence.

It should work both ways. Number of wins, bowl games, championships, recruiting rankings should all have bonuses attached. The idea that we are paying multiple coaches millions for sucking it up is 🤬 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

3 hours ago, e808 said:

I thought about that last night and don’t think there is anyone. Tough tough situation 

I think Will Friend deserves the honor of riding out the season with his offensive line, if things go that direction.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I get it, and with superagents it's even harder. But how did it get this way?  I can't think of any other job where you can come completely undone, fail in every aspect to the detriment of your employer and not have a monetary consequence.

It should work both ways. Number of wins, bowl games, championships, recruiting rankings should all have bonuses attached. The idea that we are paying multiple coaches millions for sucking it up is 🤬 

Simple. There are more job openings than quality coaches. Not enuf supply to cover the demand. Hence the demand for higher salaries and less stipulations. Same as the reason u paying more for a gallon of milk

Edited by NWALA Tiger

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well it does because you interim can be way worse then your current coach. 

Interesting scenario... Possible short term pain for long term gain. If firing him now gets us out front on looking for a new coach, then it's valid. After all, will be favored in only 1 , maybe 2 games from here on in. Depressing times

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Interesting scenario... Possible short term pain for long term gain. If firing him now gets us out front on looking for a new coach, then it's valid. After all, will be favored in only 1 , maybe 2 games from here on in. Depressing times

I lean this way. The place seems a total shambles now, hard to imagine it getting worse although I’m sure it could. It’s why I’d almost hate to see Zac or Caddy be interim if it came to that; really a no win situation 

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yes I am just thinking about Arkansas back in the day when they had an interim literally dismantled them back two seasons. I am not saying don’t fire him on do it but what if the interim head coach is Will Friend?

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes I am just thinking about Arkansas back in the day when they had an interim literally dismantled them back two seasons. I am not saying don’t fire him on do it but what if the interim head coach is Will Friend?

They will make Zac or Caddy interim.  It won’t be Will Friend.  

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Last yr Stoops coached Okie in the bowl game. I remember Barry Alvarez filled in at Whisky... Hmmmmm, who do we have...Used to have alot of ex AU coaches still living in Auburn... One thing for sure,  when Hars is fired,  his family will jet outta town b4 sundown