AUinMS9528

1 minute ago, api1957 said:

I'm intrigued by Sanders

I believe he'd be able to recruit

I believe he's a great motivator

I believe he's a good leader

I have no idea about his x's and o's

I have no idea about his ability to run an SEC program

I believe he deserves a shot, I mean if he was gone in a few years he probably won't leave us with an empty cupboard. 

I bet we'd have several transfers if he left but you can't worry about that. That would be the next guys responsibility to keep them.

1 minute ago, api1957 said:

I'm intrigued by Sanders

I believe he deserves a shot, I mean if he was gone in a few years he probably won't leave us with an empty cupboard. 

Yeah. Good thing he doesn't need to be an Xs and Os completely. He just has to hire the right guys. Thanks a lot @autiger88 I am completely on the train. Freeze or Sanders. No O Brien. Grimes is a distant third.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I would love the energy and recruiting potential that Deion would bring. Unfortunately, as both a graduate and fan of Auburn, I'm well aware that we're too vanilla to ever make that happen. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also this is my thinking .

You know the offensive line sucks. You have to get skill players to somewhat offset that. Unfortunately, you alienated everyone Initially. I would be fine with that if you are winning but if you aren’t winning, you got to play the game. Now , you can’t even throw money at elite recruits because the big wallet guys don’t trust you.

Thats one thing I think Deion Sanders can do. He knows how to promote and sell a brand. He made having an alter ego cool. 

Aflac and Nick Saban agree. Think about that people.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I'm intrigued by Sanders

Bingo!!! 

This is my take on DS.   If you are going to go after someone like Grimes, why not Sanders?   Sanders is not stupid.  He is going to surround himself with good assistants  to help him navigate all that comes with being Auburn’s HC.  If everyone is 100% behind him, I believe that he would be very successful if Auburn is truly a place he would want to coach.   
In my opinion there are only a couple of coaches out there currently that are sure fire winners, and half of this forum(if it’s any indication of the entire fan base) wouldn’t get behind the hiring of said coach.   

1 minute ago, TD1 said:

I would love the energy and recruiting potential that Deion would bring. Unfortunately, as both a graduate and fan of Auburn, I'm well aware that we're too vanilla to ever make that happen. 

You racist bastard.....oh my bad

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think he's shown that, but these are the questions I'd expect. Most of the questions on here has been does he even have coaching ability. I find that to be ridiculous

Well one thing I can say is he is aware of the O-line talent deficiency Jackston St has compared to the SEC. He said that is the only thing keeping him from beating a team like Alabama.....I like where his head's at. Maybe that's a selling point....he gets to compete against Saban here.

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah. Good thing he doesn't need to be an Xs and Os completely. He just has to hire the right guys. Thanks a lot @autiger88 I am completely on the train. Freeze or Sanders. No O Brien. Grimes is a distant third.

You're welcome. 😁😎

36 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Probably and it's frustrating to think that way. Maybe just maybe this time will be different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well chances are if his predecessor has an adequate offensive line he probably wouldn’t have gotten fired

One had 8 years to build one. The other inherited the remains of the other.

There is a difference 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why people keep asking for O’Brien is beyond me. Here’s what we do:

call Sanders

call Freeze

call Kiffin

and anybody else

At this point, my top two are Freeze and Sanders. I think someone is going to give Sanders a shot, and just like when we passed on Kirby, we’ll be sorry if it wasn’t us. 

• Like 5

I have thought all along it would be Freeze. Time will tell. JMHO. I have zero “insider info”.  W D E 

I would like someone that has a proven track record of building a program, like Mike Stoops. KY is a terrible football program and look what he has done. Also Freeze has built a few programs. 

If not them, I will say I am intrigued by Deon because he can bring a few intangibles that are sorely needed: 

1) he can relate to these young men as a former player who worked hard and he can show what is needed to make it in life - nfl and beyond

2) excitement and a new attitude 

3) he can recruit. And the NIL $ would skyrocket. 
His small amount of time as a coach would be concerning, and there is a huge difference between JSU and an SEC team that just played for a title 10 years ago. Really would rather not have another coach learn on the job. However if we are looking to change things completely, he would be someone to consider for sure. 
what about Joe Whitt Jr? I know he has had health issues but he has been very good in the NFL (coaching). 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

One had 8 years to build one. The other inherited the remains of the other.

There is a difference 

Yea I agree with that . The only issue is we can’t wait 8 years for this one to get it right . We can’t even wait three. We are not seeing progress in all phases of the game. Even if you want to blame Gus majority for the whole line that still doesn’t account for lack of discipline , lack of consistent play going back to game 1, etc. Also, he doesn’t solely have to inherit Gus’s players another big issue. I think LSU had 30 something new faces come in this year to their program. 

So yes Gus can get some blame but how the college game is manufactured at the moment , there is no reason we still have the same exact people mostly going into year two. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yea I agree with that . The only issue is we can’t wait 8 years for this one to get it right . We can’t even wait three. We are not seeing progress in all phases of the game. Even if you want to blame Gus majority for the whole line that still doesn’t account for lack of discipline , lack of consistent play going back to game 1, etc. Also, he doesn’t solely have to inherit Gus’s players another big issue. I think LSU had 30 something new faces come in this year to their program. 

So yes Gus can get some blame but how the college game is manufactured at the moment , there is no reason we still have the same exact people mostly going into year two. 

Yep, no argument there 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Idk. I've been called a lot of things by people who know more about the creed than I apparently do. But I draw the line at Freeze. I'll give up supporting AU Football altogether at that point.

Yea I agree but at want point do you give people a second chance, for me the line is Urban Meyer since I think he has been given multiple chances and doesn't seem to change. I am not a bible thumper but I do think folks should be given second chances and according to the good word says you should be even more generous, in the case of Freeze he may turn things around and really change his life, I am willing to give him another opportunity.  But I agree they do represent the University and you do not want a free for all but I for one am willing to give folks second and sometimes more chances.

Matthew 18:21-22 “Then Peter came up and said to him, ‘Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.’”

I'm leaning towards Sanders or Freeze at this point, I can see pro's for either one of them and just want the best for the university. :)

4 hours ago, StuckMic91 said:

I agree with this unless he loses to Mizzou at home. I think that would just be too embarrassing to let slide. A blowout loss to Mizzou? I bet he would find out during his post game presser from the sideline reporter.

If we lose to Mizzou at home, Harsin will be 'tarmac'ed' without the tarmac.

19 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yea I agree but at want point do you give people a second chance, for me the line is Urban Meyer since I think he has been given multiple chances and doesn't seem to change. I am not a bible thumper but I do think folks should be given second chances and according to the good word says you should be even more generous, in the case of Freeze he may turn things around and really change his life, I am willing to give him another opportunity.  But I agree they do represent the University and you do not want a free for all but I for one am willing to give folks second and sometimes more chances.

I'm leaning towards Sanders or Freeze at this point, I can see pro's for either one of them and just want the best for the university. :)

Well the most recent news of Freeze contacting a sexual assault litigant at his current school shows me he clearly HASN'T actually realized the error of his ways. So sorry, no can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

call Sanders

call Freeze

call Kiffin

and anybody else

At this point, my top two are Freeze and Sanders. I think someone is going to give Sanders a shot, and just like when we passed on Kirby, we’ll be sorry if it wasn’t us. 

That’s my top three. If we land one of these guys, I think we’ll be in good shape 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

call Sanders

call Freeze

call Kiffin

+1 for me also, never have been a Sanders fan but I think he actually could be a good Auburn representative and really compete for recruits with the resources that we have. Not sure if we are to stodgy to do something like that but I think it could really provide a positive message to recruits which we so desperately need right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

..It's not as simple as somebody yelling and saying we're tough

Are you saying false bravado doesn't cut it????

But our guys have to take stairs!

• Haha 2