When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah. Good thing he doesn't need to be an Xs and Os completely. He just has to hire the right guys. Thanks a lot @autiger88 I am completely on the train. Freeze or Sanders. No O Brien. Grimes is a distant third.

What's his coaching network like? What are his philosophies?  Honestly have no idea and would be a big question. 

Knowing how to play corner at an all time level doesn't always translate to coaching or coordinatinga defense. We've seen players fail at coaches a lot....but then some succeed like Kerr has been an innovator.

I'm sure he has contacts from his time in the league. We will pay above market and get who we want. But would be interested in his hypothetical staff.  Probably never know.

I could easily get on board with Deion 

Edited by W.E.D

4 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Why people keep asking for O’Brien is beyond me. Here’s what we do:

call Sanders

call Freeze

call Kiffin

and anybody else

At this point, my top two are Freeze and Sanders. I think someone is going to give Sanders a shot, and just like when we passed on Kirby, we’ll be sorry if it wasn’t us. 

I'd prefer a coach who has been successful and in the SEC first.

I don't see why Deion can't be on any tier after along with OV/DC types 

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What's his coaching network like? What are his philosophies?  Honestly have no idea and would be a big question. 

Knowing how to play corner at an all time level doesn't always translate to coaching or coordinatinga defense. We've seen players fail at coaches a lot....but then some succeed like Kerr has been an innovator.

I'm sure he has contacts from his time in the league. We will pay above market and get who we want. But would be interested in his hypothetical staff.  Probably never know.

I could easily get on board with Deion 

When I watch JSU they play that positionless football. The same thing Matt Rhule tried to do with the panthers but failed, but currently the man genius Mike Campbell is exploiting now out with the Dolphins. He likes an high octane offense and runs out of the shotgun mostly (Nothing new under the sun). I couldn't tell you what base defense he runs. I have no clue what his coaching network is like but I imagine he wouldn't be limited to this. 

A bad loss and it could happen overnight.  A losing season and it will happen before 2023.  If he can somehow grab lightning in a bottle and turn things around with pixie dust and smoke and mirrors to finish with 9 wins he could earn himself 1 more year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'd prefer a coach who has been successful and in the SEC first.

I don't see why Deion can't be on any tier after along with OV/DC types 

I mean, I would too. Give me Deion’s passion/connection and the success of Freeze or Cristobal (another guy I would call) and you’ve got yourself the next Saban. But Deion strikes me as the guy that would flourish because he would let his coordinators do their job. Then again, I also thought Harsin would do way better, so my confidence in judging one’s character is shaky at the moment. But….I still stand by it

On 9/17/2022 at 9:45 PM, AU-24 said:

Just some thoughts:  I had hope the year before Covid when we beat the turds with a freshman quarterback, beat the eventual Pac-10 champs, beat Jimbo and Texas A&M. Even during the Covid season 6-3 against all SEC teams, could’ve been worse at least. I mean 6-3, then throw in the three gimme games and we’re 9-3? It has definitely gone downhill since Harsin was hired.

We drove up to Nashville for the music city bowl when we set a first half record for most points scored in the history of a bowl game versus the Big Ten’s Purdue. If you remember, that was the same year Purdue beat Ohio State.

UCF has that same hope.. and if you watch close enough, you will see Gus 2. Bad Gus. Bryan Harsin hasn't had near the amount of time that Gus had at Auburn.  The program was crashing when Harsin stepped in, It has now crashed. There was no stopping it. I made several posts on Tapatalk site about this. Some could argue that Kevin Steele should have been retained. Me, I hated losing Rodney Garner. Great D-Line Coach, even better Recruiter. If I were BH , I would have retained both. That is on BH. Everything should be evaluated after the season is over. 

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I mean, I would too. Give me Deion’s passion/connection and the success of Freeze or Cristobal (another guy I would call) and you’ve got yourself the next Saban. But Deion strikes me as the guy that would flourish because he would let his coordinators do their job. Then again, I also thought Harsin would do way better, so my confidence in judging one’s character is shaky at the moment. But….I still stand by it

You think Mario would dip out in Miami after 1 season? Lol

7 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

If we lose to Mizzou at home, Harsin will be 'tarmac'ed' without the tarmac.

Herm Edwards got “end zoned” this weekend. Maybe if there’s a loss this weekend we can at least set the bar higher and “50 yard line” him lol

I think our former players would embrace a Deion hire.  The guy was as good as Bo.   And, he would should that clip of Bo running him over to show AU has a special place in his heart (it was the one time in his career where he got dominated).  He would recruit like crazy.   Teams with the better players usually win!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:04 AM, Taco said:

He’s been coaching since 2012 in some sort of format. Won 4 state titles as the OC of Trinity Christian in TX before taking Jackson State. The Jackson State experiment has gone pretty well too in my humble opinion. 

This is Deion Sanders’ living and career. Does he have other business ventures? Sure, but so does other coaches who opens up camps, restaurants, and do commercials. 

I guess if you want to go down the summer school analogy, he’s convinced these kids to come to summer school in Jackson, Mississippi, when they’ve the chance to go to summer camp. You know, the same issue the past two coaches have struggled to convince kids to come to the summer camp in Auburn, Alabama. 

There may not be any hostility, but calling a ball coach that’s had to shrug off people calling him an “act” or “showman” while winning as a ball coach, where he’s had the opportunity to coach at, is pretty disrespectful. What’s crazier for me is that there’s plenty of former players who have become coaches, even Coach Gus Malzahn, Coach Bryan Harsin, etc., only difference is, Deion Sanders was a very successful player. Sanders has been in the world of football since whenever he started playing, to when he was an on-tv analyst, to now coaching football since 2012, but it’s somebody who has probably never coached a game in football who’s calling this man’s job not his “lifetime calling.”

Pretty bush to me. 

Very well said. Completely agree with everything said!

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Herm Edwards got “end zoned” this weekend. Maybe if there’s a loss this weekend we can at least set the bar higher and “50 yard line” him lol

wow did he really? that is so unprofessional 

Just now, DAG said:

wow did he really? that is so unprofessional 

True . He obviously needed to go- NCAA on him, assistants bailing, lost like half his roster, and just beat at home by Eastern Michigan. But fired in the end zone….. damn

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

I like to snatch up a couple of his analysts.

WDE!

8 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Idk. I've been called a lot of things by people who know more about the creed than I apparently do. But I draw the line at Freeze. I'll give up supporting AU Football altogether at that point.

So what’s so bad about Freeze. Is it the fact that he broke marital vows, lied to cover up ???

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

UCF has that same hope.. and if you watch close enough, you will see Gus 2. Bad Gus. Bryan Harsin hasn't had near the amount of time that Gus had at Auburn.  The program was crashing when Harsin stepped in, It has now crashed. There was no stopping it. I made several posts on Tapatalk site about this. Some could argue that Kevin Steele should have been retained. Me, I hated losing Rodney Garner. Great D-Line Coach, even better Recruiter. If I were BH , I would have retained both. That is on BH. Everything should be evaluated after the season is over. 

“The program was crashing when Harsin stepped in”

It wasn’t the turds or thuga but it wasn’t crashing. We tied the turds in regulation last year. We beat LSU and Ole Miss. Could have beat Penn State with proper coaching. If Bo doesn’t get hurt we win nine games last season, that is not crashing. But it is time to move on.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

“The program was crashing when Harsin stepped in”

It wasn’t the turds or thuga but it wasn’t crashing. We tied the turds in regulation last year. We beat LSU and Ole Miss. Could have beat Penn State with proper coaching. If Bo doesn’t get hurt we win nine games last season, that is not crashing. But it is time to move on.

It was time for Gus to move on. Harsin is in over his head (yes I have come to that conclusion earlier than I expected)....2 things can be true at the same time.

• Like 1

my 02 on sanders  he can recruit  and recruit well   but can he build a machine like bama and uga have   u might want to look in to the guy coaching kansas  lepold   guy won big in d3  and buffalo and is winning at kansas   

19 minutes ago, hogmen said:

my 02 on sanders  he can recruit  and recruit well   but can he build a machine like bama and uga have   u might want to look in to the guy coaching kansas  lepold   guy won big in d3  and buffalo and is winning at kansas   

Lance Leipoid? Hard pass. No SEC experience. No ties to the south. He is a Wisconsin guy. Did good work at white water. 

The quicker we can this dude the closer we are to getting Auburn football back where it should be. We have no prayer currently. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You think Mario would dip out in Miami after 1 season? Lol

No. But I would call him and make us tell him no. That’s the point. You’d be out of your mind not to at least call him. We should be calling everyone except maybe Lincoln Riley lol

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It was time for Gus to move on. Harsin is in over his head (yes I have come to that conclusion earlier than I expected)....2 things can be true at the same time.

Agree