When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

6 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Despite all the outrage over PSU, I am not ready to fire Harsin right now.  I think he deserves at least a few more weeks.  Mizzou is very winnable and it is possible to beat LSU at home with a first year coach.  This would make us 4-1.  The next week is UGA and we have zero chance there (nor does anyone else).  Nor do I think we beat Arky on the road.  This would put us at 4-3.  But I can see us winning against OM and MSU which means we could be 6-3 heading into the aTm game.  The aTm game is at home and aTm has some big flaws, so if we win that, we are 7-3.  The next week is WKU which would put us at 8-3.  Then we end with Bama where anything could happen (but I think it will be a loss since it's in T-town).

So, if this team comes together, gets some things straight, and stops fumbling the football, we could finish 8-4.  I have seen much stranger things happen around AU football.  8-4 would be a decent improvement from last year, and if it happens, can we really justify firing a coach who improved from his first season?

Another reason I think he should stay (for now) is Nebraska is rumored to be in negotiations with Aranda, which would be the only coach worth snatching up immediately.  If Aranda is indeed off the table, I think we'd be better off just waiting to see how this season plays out.

However, I will caveat this by saying if we lose to Mizzou tomorrow, he should be fired after the game.

We play Arkansas at home and with how they are playing, they are going to eat our lunch.  Pittman has done work shoring up their lines on both sides of the ball. 

Look at both Arkansas and Tennessee…..both complete dumpster fires when Pittman and Heupel took over and what did they do?  Recruited the heck out of the portal and now both are realistically in contention for the SEC.  

What has Harsin done?  You have AL high school coaches doing interviews saying they have yet to even meet him and he’s going into his third recruiting class.  The AUBURN head coach.   

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Despite all the outrage over PSU, I am not ready to fire Harsin right now.  I think he deserves at least a few more weeks.  Mizzou is very winnable and it is possible to beat LSU at home with a first year coach.  This would make us 4-1.  The next week is UGA and we have zero chance there (nor does anyone else).  Nor do I think we beat Arky on the road.  This would put us at 4-3.  But I can see us winning against OM and MSU which means we could be 6-3 heading into the aTm game.  The aTm game is at home and aTm has some big flaws, so if we win that, we are 7-3.  The next week is WKU which would put us at 8-3.  Then we end with Bama where anything could happen (but I think it will be a loss since it's in T-town).

So, if this team comes together, gets some things straight, and stops fumbling the football, we could finish 8-4.  I have seen much stranger things happen around AU football.  8-4 would be a decent improvement from last year, and if it happens, can we really justify firing a coach who improved from his first season?

Another reason I think he should stay (for now) is Nebraska is rumored to be in negotiations with Aranda, which would be the only coach worth snatching up immediately.  If Aranda is indeed off the table, I think we'd be better off just waiting to see how this season plays out.

However, I will caveat this by saying if we lose to Mizzou tomorrow, he should be fired after the game.

So you want to give a coach a chance to go 8-4 but if he loses this game, he should be fired? Even if Harsin went 8-4(which aint happening), the roster is looking even worse in 2023. The longer he stays the worse its gonna get.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CR said:

So you want to give a coach a chance to go 8-4 but if he loses this game, he should be fired? Even if Harsin went 8-4(which aint happening), the roster is looking even worse in 2023. The longer he stays the worse its gonna get.

Exactly my feelings.  Gonna be worse next year. Last in SEC recruiting, bit I forgot some are saying it still the Booster and powers that be meddling and now the media criticizing. I haven't heard him say it's on the Coaches some the way they have planned and Coached the last 8 games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AcUmen said:

8-4 would be a miracle with this team. Even if they did pull a rabbit out of their hat, he would need a top 10 class to supplement it. I don’t know which is more far fetched. 

He needs to be shown the door ASAP 

• Thanks 1

Aranda is not the only coach worth snatching up. That’s just silly.

• Thanks 2

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well I will concede that is true but fwiw leach and kiffin are functioning at schools with much lower expectations as well as not having to play Georgia every season which is also true of kelly and fisher but the latter do have to deal with the expectations. auburn also has the added downside that if you do have any level of significant success their fan base immediately seems to expect continued success of no less than 3 losses a year or you're in serious trouble. 

So, now it’s expectations instead of just the challenge of the SECW, huh?

I might add, if I felt like I still needed to validate my position, any HC worth anything is on a hot seat the second they’re hired at almost every worthwhile program. Auburn has had more stability over the last 20 years in hiring and firing than MANY contemporaries. 

I can’t disprove what you’re saying because we’re speaking opinions, but we’ve even had supposed insiders provide reasons for valued candidates turn down Auburn that have nothing to do the challenge lol. Smart and Venables both went the other way bc of administrative issues. We reportedly had Cristobal, but passed him up on the administrative level. Just my opinion, but Auburn hurts Auburn’s own potential candidates a lot more than the schedule difficulty OR expectations do

9 hours ago, AcUmen said:

As an Auburn graduate and fan, I don’t know whether to cry or laugh at this post.   If we have fans that look at this team and think we have better talent (right now) than Ole Miss, Arkansas, aTm and Mississippi state, then I don’t think we have an objective fan base.   The bottom line is that Auburn is currently last in the West.   

• Like 2

Just now, autiger88 said:

That was my reaction then switched to wait a min are we doing this as well. 

I don’t think so. I think we just have a bad Oline and 3/4 of our coaching staff is unqualified to coach in the SEC west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So, now it’s expectations instead of just the challenge of the SECW, huh?

I might add, if I felt like I still needed to validate my position, any HC worth anything is on a hot seat the second they’re hired at almost every worthwhile program. Auburn has had more stability over the last 20 years in hiring and firing than MANY contemporaries. 

I can’t disprove what you’re saying because we’re speaking opinions, but we’ve even had supposed insiders provide reasons for valued candidates turn down Auburn that have nothing to do the challenge lol. Smart and Venables both went the other way bc of administrative issues. We reportedly had Cristobal, but passed him up on the administrative level. Just my opinion, but Auburn hurts Auburn’s own potential candidates a lot more than the schedule difficulty OR expectations do

It's expectations it's challenging to the nth degree and administrative issues are a factor for sure.

irregardless it's ridiculous you think Deion would go to Arizona state. that's not happening.

• Thanks 1

Dude who knows football better than Sanders? Guy has lived it, played it and has been coached by some of the best....I will accept him in a heartbeat

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Wrong.  I see that trying to have a fruitful conversation with you is going nowhere. Have a good day 

Hey I think you forgot to quote the person? 🤷 Just letting you know. 

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

It's expectations it's challenging to the nth degree and administrative issues are a factor for sure.

irregardless it's ridiculous you think Deion would go to Arizona state. that's not happening.

No one ever said that. I said that they have a far better chance than Auburn. 

39 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No one ever said that. I said that they have a far better chance than Auburn. 

After the news of *actual* sabotage and the pending NCAA sanctions, I don't think so.

Saddest Auburn team I’ve seen in a long time. Mizzou has looked like the better team for all but the first quarter. This just might be worse than 2012 when it’s all said and done. Both sides of the ball look really weak.