When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Say it with me. Hugh Freeze

Bruh u know thats not a popular choice, but I agree with u. People deserve a second chance. Just put stipulations in the contract 

Edited by e808

45 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

True I'm just saying he should step down like Terry did. He might get pressured into doing it might save face so he can coach again. 

No, he will not get pressured to step away from $15-$18million.  Definitely not after the firestorm in February, he will make AU pay up.  

He may not be what Auburn needs, but he will get his $$ if Auburn decides to can him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

That's sad. They don't even think he can handle a thought matchup against BYE.

Fitting week to say bye. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I’m hearing what you’re saying and definitely NOT defending the coaches, but let’s not pretend this isn’t on the players too.  Didn’t see a shred of pride in the SJSU  game or today. 

It’s the coaches job to get the players up and ready for every game. That’s why Saban can’t stand when media down plays a lesser opponent. He get his team fired up and motivated for every game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Billy Napier was the hire that should have been made instead of Harsin.  The facts are that Auburn has always had a reputation for dysfunction in the Athletic Department even when I was in school there from 1999 to 2003, but it has gotten exponentially worse as social media has gotten bigger and bigger.  Now it doesnt matter how much money we throw around, there are a lot of schools that can do that where the expectations are not so high and they give their hire time to build the program.  No high profile guy is going to risk his future coming here with how messed up every aspect of the program is and with the knowledge they wont be given any time to fix it.  We are going to have to find a young guy that has been CONSISTENTLY successful at the highest level at a smaller program.  I believe that is the only way to fix this mess.  

So much contradiction in this!  Give the next guy time….yet fire this guy after one year and three games.   Should have signed Napier?  Why, what has he proven?  It seems that Auburn can’t even get in line on this board, much less, from the people running the real show.   If I’m giving my honest opinion based on how things have gone in the past, Auburn will never win at the consistency that some on here think they can.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

The War Rapport will be very interesting 

Yea they’re all Harsin homers. Cant wait to see what Mike G’s a** has to say.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Billy Napier was the hire that should have been made instead of Harsin.  The facts are that Auburn has always had a reputation for dysfunction in the Athletic Department even when I was in school there from 1999 to 2003, but it has gotten exponentially worse as social media has gotten bigger and bigger.  Now it doesnt matter how much money we throw around, there are a lot of schools that can do that where the expectations are not so high and they give their hire time to build the program.  No high profile guy is going to risk his future coming here with how messed up every aspect of the program is and with the knowledge they wont be given any time to fix it.  We are going to have to find a young guy that has been CONSISTENTLY successful at the highest level at a smaller program.  I believe that is the only way to fix this mess.  

We were going hard after Cristobal, but couldn’t move quickly enough.

Cristobal would have been a home-run hire.

Napier was a good second option.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

More seeing than hearing. Truly sad state of football for Auburn. Hard to find a comparison in my 51 years of watching them in regard to this game. Overwhelmingly outmanned. 

A&M 2012: 63-21. Nasty stuff 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

After the boosters hire their "Yes Man" AD and tell him that he has to fire Harsin and hire Kevin Steele. 

I'm somewhat joking but wouldn't shock me at all if it ends up being like this.

Well the exact other way isn’t working out to well for us, so why not? 

• Like 2

We have to think about salvaging this recruiting season. The 2021 class is mostly transferred out, the 2022 class is weak, and this year's class is last in the SEC. The roster next year will be even worse than it is now, if we don't clean up in the portal. 

We need a new coach before the season is over and he better be a great recruiter. 

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

We have to think about salvaging this recruiting season. The 2021 class is mostly transferred out, the 2022 class is weak, and this year's class is last in the SEC. The roster next year will be even worse than it is now, if we don't clean up in the portal. 

We need a new coach before the season is over and he better be a great recruiter. 

I 100% agree. This is a new day in CFB. You can’t wait until the season is over to make a move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m sure we will wait until the worst possible moment to do it.

Sadly you are once again absolutely spot on. But, the silver lining: “Worst Possible Moment”= band name

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

Bruh u know that a not a popular choice, but I agree with u. People deserve a second chance. Just put stipulations in the contract 

I know what it's like to be for an unpopular choice LOL