When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

Bruh u know that a not a popular choice, but I agree with u. People deserve a second chance. Just put stipulations in the contract 

You want to stipulate having morals?

If someone does not have respect for his wife and family, and his position in a high profile career.....you can't change that with a contract. He may have behaved himself at Liberty but that's not even close to the kind of pressure the SEC brings. 

Auburn does not need that kind of bad PR anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I 100% agree. This is a new day in CFB. You can’t wait until the season is over to make a move.

The only positive we have right now is that it's never been easier to flip a roster. We need a guy who can recruit the hell out of the portal and sign a great 2023 class. No use wasting time when you know your guy can't cut it. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Chris Berman says....

Prime Time

I doubt it sadly (he doesn't exactly need $) but if we could get him, Aflac's marketing team would be the happiest people on earth.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Serious question: How long does it take our program to recover?

If we don't quickly change the current trajectory, the better part of a decade at least. 

17 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

It’s the coaches job to get the players up and ready for every game. That’s why Saban can’t stand when media down plays a lesser opponent. He get his team fired up and motivated for every game.

I get what you’re saying, but college football players shouldn’t rely on anyone to get them pumped up for a game.  If you don’t get fired up on your own, hang up the helmet and cleats.   I think the Sagan does more preventing his players from getting too confident / cocky, not fired up.   But I’m not really looking to defend the coaches driving this bus, just saying the players have their share of blame too.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Serious question: How long does it take our program to recover?

This is a serious answer. The amount of damage caused by the recruiting deficiencies from both Harsin and Gus have depleted this roster to the point of Vanderbilt. On top of that we are dead last in Recruiting right now. Dead last. It is absolutely worse than 2012. 
However: Because of the transfer portal and the NIL, you can recover quicker. But we would need an elite coach and some amazing recruiters to do that… So there is hope if we get the right guy. The problem is, I have no idea who that would be. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You want to stipulate having morals?

If someone does not have respect for his wife and family, and his position in a high profile career.....you can't change that with a contract. He may have behaved himself at Liberty but that's not even close to the kind of pressure the SEC brings. 

Auburn does not need that kind of bad PR anyway. 

IMO it’s not up to me to pass judgment on him. What he did compared to CBP might be different but it still carried baggage. If he comes in , keeps his down and win games his past will be just that the past.

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Where can I listen? I've seen it talked about on here but haven't listened before. Thanks

They are live right now on youtube 

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Where can I listen? I've seen it talked about on here but haven't listened before. Thanks

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well the exact other way isn’t working out to well for us, so why not? 

If Steele could win and be a top draw for recruits, I'm all for it. I just don't think he could win consistently.

• Like 1

Hardest schedule, ultra demanding fan base due to Bama/Georgia success, coaching carousel started, list goes on. What great coach would walk into that even with a blank check offer? Seriously. It’s painful, but I just don’t see a good path for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

IMO it’s not up to me to pass judgment on him. What he did compared to CBP might be different but it still carried baggage. If he comes in , keeps his down and win games his past will be just that the past.

You don't get it. This is why people like Harsin get hired. Look at ALL behavior because that gives very clear information. 

Hugh Freeze has given a very explicit picture of who he is.  It is NOT judging him just because I see him for who he is. He is not suited to be a head coach at Auburn. There really should be no debate when he's accurately evaluated.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Hardest schedule, ultra demanding fan base due to Bama/Georgia success, coaching carousel started, list goes on. What great coach would walk into that even with a blank check offer? Seriously. It’s painful, but I just don’t see a good path for a long time.

I completely agree with your first point, at least.

Hugh Freeze? Terrible person, better football coach than our past two coaches.  The question is can you look over the bad to get the good?