When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

2 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Es gibt fuer uns keine andere Auswahl.  Er ist ein Uebermensch.  

Nein. Uebermensch? Man muss ihm zugutehalten, dass er wie ein .com-Tycoon ist. Wir brauchen einen Fortune-500-CEO.

Guest MustardSeed

Todd Monken, if he’s willing, should be atop the list 

He took USM from 0-12 to 9-5 in 3 years, has had great success everywhere he’s been and in every role. He’s as close to a home run as this university will hire IMO

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Bronco Mendenhall, Jeff Grimes, Dave Aranda. There's 3.

None of those are “better “ than HF.   Maybe Aranda is on the same level but not better in my opinion.  Grimes has never even been a HC, unproven at best 

Mendenhall is not even close.  Doesn’t know the SEC and what it takes.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUfan3333 said:

Yes, give me Deion right now!

That's my choice and I would guarantee it wouldn't take 2-3 years to rebuild with him. Open the damn checkbook and make it happen Auburn plus he would also be our first Black HC it's a win win situation since our boosters are worried about publicity. Another plus he wouldn't be afraid of going against Saban or Smart and probably would kick their asses a lot more then Harsin could ever dream of. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3

Just now, autiger88 said:

That's my choice and I would guaranteed it wouldn't take 2-3 years to rebuild with him. Open the damn checkbook and make it happen Auburn plus he would also be our first Black HC it's a win win situation. 

BINGO! Instantly the cool kids!

Here is what I don’t understand about any of this, the best coach available is Urban Meyer and I would say even better than Kirby and same level as Saban.   Yet nobody would even give the guy a phone call.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Here is what I don’t understand about any of this, the best coach available is Urban Meyer and I would say even better than Kirby and same level as Saban.   Yet nobody would even give the guy a phone call.   

Nebraska has according to sources today. I'm good I think I'll just keep Harsin if that's our only option. 🙄 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

Just now, aubaseball said:

Because he is a creep and a quitter

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

First time post. I’m normally an X/O not a Jimmy/Joe guy but you need at least 4 stars across the board to compete. What I saw today was atrocious with all of the talent that was in the portal. I like Harsin personally and think he got railroaded in February. It was a gross hit job. All of that being said unless we want to have a Tennesse level slide we need to make a change ASAP and as much as I hate to say it…give me Neon Deion. He will bring in the talent coaching wise and on the field. That is our best shot to rebuild quick through the portal. I don’t know if he would bring us a Natty but the talent alone would get us to consistent 10 win seasons.

I do believe he would rake in the talent. 

• Like 1

Just now, aubaseball said:

Just curious….name one or two?

There's been several mentioned here. I'm sure you know that. 

FWIW.....and yes I know it's too late now so you can skip that part....I wanted Josh Heupel instead of Harsin. I was mansplained by the geniuses on this board that he had done nothing  much and and Harsin was the real deal. Harsin was actually just a lot more glittery and flashy looking. Heupel is not that kind of guy. But look who's pulled his team back from the edge of disaster.  He's doing a good job of rebuilding.

Auburn now looks like TN used to look. 

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

He's untouchable. When you're beyond Hugh Freeze untouchable, you're the perfect fit at Auburn.

Just now, AUDevil said:

@Didba was that you that was hanging over the brick wall?  If so, you’re probably about to be meme famous.

If only

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Prime time.  We have a BAD talent problem. He the only one that can fix it instantly, which we need.

21 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

And he is likely the only one with the charisma that we need. We need someone who can bring recruits, schmooze boosters, NFL experience, and willing to go right for the jugular.  Prime checks all of these.  At this point I'm tired of being boring to watch.  

• Love 1

Is it too soon to maybe go after Jon Gruden?  He recently said that he would like to get back into coaching, but he said his dream job was Arkansas.  Either way, I am so tired of watching our offense crap the bed game after game.  We have not been able to pass consistently since Jarret Stidham left.  I didn't expect our O-line to get so exposed today, especially in the pass blocking.  Their edge rushers were consistently whipping our tackles.  Are we really 2 and 6 in our last 8 games? Ugh!  

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Remember before the season when some of the people on here were saying give Harsin time? You guys still want to give him another year? You think he’s the guy to right the ship?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Hardest schedule, ultra demanding fan base due to Bama/Georgia success, coaching carousel started, list goes on. What great coach would walk into that even with a blank check offer? Seriously. It’s painful, but I just don’t see a good path for a long time.

Not even joking, Hugh Freeze knows he can beat Bama and knows he's walking into new facilities. He's a southern guy. If we are far enough removed from his transgressions, which I believe we are, he'd take the job in a heartbeat. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

To be fair Tubbs at the time was not a home run hire lol

No but he had an impressive resume and SEC HC experience. We were also a lot less of a big brand at that time. It was a solid hire.

• Like 1