Psu post game

gr82b4au

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just out of curiosity: how many still believe Bo left because he didn’t like what some of the fans were saying about him?

Then, Mason left because he was told he was going to be fired? 🤷‍♂️

They both sucked!

Whoever the next HC is will take the job knowing the talent level here is going to be at an all time low and it will take at least 4-5 years to dig out of this hole.  We'll be lucky to win 4 games this year.  WKU and maybe... Mizzou, and that's it.  '23 is going to be ugly.

Freeze could beat Auburn with Liberty talent.  Kiffen is a pain in the ass but he can flat out coach.  At the end of this season it will be time for Auburn to do something dramatic.  That’s two options.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Whoever the next HC is will take the job knowing the talent level here is going to be at an all time low and it will take at least 4-5 years to dig out of this hole.  We'll be lucky to win 4 games this year.  WKU and maybe... Mizzou, and that's it.  '23 is going to be ugly.

The portal could make the landing a little softer

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is a legitimate question 

100%

Outside of ppl think he was so tough and alpha with dumb 1-0 and making players nit take elevators...

Has he done anything? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

I gave my thoughts on the players above but forgot to add my thoughts on the coaching and play calling.  What can one say about those two things..... The team was not prepared to play today, it was a sloppy joke on both sides of the ball.  Play calling was pretty damn bad.  

Harsin has not had his teams prepared to play one single time since he took over. 

This is NOT on the players. But today what I saw was that players have stopped having faith in the Head Potato and his spuds. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just out of curiosity: how many still believe Bo left because he didn’t like what some of the fans were saying about him?

Then, Mason left because he was told he was going to be fired? 🤷‍♂️

Who cares?  That’s water under the bridge and history now. 

This staff will sink or swim with the team they’ve built and after today, they are taking on water faster than the titanic. 

We do not have the horses to race some of these teams and until we get them at every position it doesn't matter who is on the sidelines.  That is what was evident today, no scheme was going to do it, we got whuppped.     We need Calzada or Holden in to give some hope to the QB position.  Our current guys, too scared and too hesitant.  This whole group of players have underwhelmed for more than 2 seasons so maybe we just need to win the ones we can and hopefully get some players in for the future.  I will be cheering them on as I have through every season good or bad because I am an AU fan, win or lose!

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

100%

Outside of ppl think he was so tough and alpha with dumb 1-0 and making players nit take elevators...

Has he done anything? 

Harsin is allll about appearances. He has no substance.

That kind of stuff is just dumb, and a good example of his ineptness. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

Some perspective 

Bryan Kelly, a top 10 big name coach. LSU is a top 10 program and won a natty two years ago. The team is inexperienced in compared areas but has some high quality players. Record is 1-1 and currently  struggling at home against the cow bells. 

Edited by GreenTiger

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Some perspective 

Bryan Kelly, a top 10 big name coach. LSU is a top 10 program and won a natty two years ago. The team is inexperienced in compared areas but has some high quality players. Record is 1-1 and currently  struggling at home against the cow bells. 

Well

it is game 3 for him. CBH is not the guy.

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Some perspective 

Bryan Kelly, a top 10 big name coach. LSU is a top 10 program and won a natty two years ago. The team is inexperienced compared areas but has some high quality players. Record is 1-1 and currently  struggling at home against the cow bells. 

Yes but he can recruit. If you lose a bunch of games this year but have top talent coming in, at least you have hope. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Harsin has not had his teams prepared to play one single time since he took over. 

This is NOT on the players. But today what I saw was that players have stopped having faith in the Head Potato and his spuds. 

This isn't really true.  We played well last year at Penn State, and he and the staff had a great gameplan and preparation vs Alabama last season.

• Like 3

Just now, TitanTiger said:

This isn't really true.  We played well last year at Penn State, and he and the staff had a great gameplan and preparation vs Alabama last season.

We were prepared for Arkansas and Ole Miss.

• Like 3

Every single snap, they absolutely abused our OLine.  Just embarrassing. Hard to believe what I just watched.  Folded like a cheap suit.   Guys in our backfield without being touched.  Blocking backs standing watching rushers run by them.  Proverbial turd in the punch bowl.  We are abysmal.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

We do not have the horses to race some of these teams and until we get them at every position it doesn't matter who is on the sidelines.  That is what was evident today, no scheme was going to do it, we got whuppped.     We need Calzada or Holden in to give some hope to the QB position.  Our current guys, too scared and too hesitant.  This whole group of players have underwhelmed for more than 2 seasons so maybe we just need to win the ones we can and hopefully get some players in for the future.  I will be cheering them on as I have through every season good or bad because I am an AU fan, win or lose!

It doesn’t matter who the quarterback is. There is no one on the planet that could find success behind that dumpster fire of an offensive line.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I backed Gus a lot longer then most before I got off the Gus Bus by I finally realized he was not the man for the job.  I have been one of Harsin's biggest supporters byt today was a total embarrassment. In the 4th quarter my daughter called me and asked if I was yelling at the TV as I tend to get excited when watching Auburn play.  I told her no as it wasn't worth the effort.

We were totally outcoached on both sides of the ball. As everybody saw the O-Line was pitiful. I kept hoping to at least try some of the backups.  Even if a backup is not as good at some point you have to be replaced when you play that badly. 

I compared the two D-Lines and the two O-Lines.  Penn State's D-Line was never vanilla mano a mano even when they only rushed 4 there were always stunts and twists. Then add in LB Blitzes a CB Blitzes and our O-Line was lost. Auburn's D-line relied on Bull rush's and speed rushes from the outside always mano a mano very few stunts and twists. When we did Blitz we tend to give it away early before the play starts making it easier to pickup. Add to that the way Penn State used 2 and 3 TE's on running plays to open holes at the point of attack and we ended up getting scorched on the ground.  

Our DB's actually played better this game then last two games in they didn't give the huge cushion and there were a couple of plays where the DB was in phase but because of a great throw and WR using body well they got nice receptions. It is hard for me to judge the WR's and the QB's because O-Line was so porous the WR's didn't have the time to get into their routes and the QB's were running for their life.

One thing that really upset me is what pretty obvious at end of 1st half that Finley was hurt.  In the 1st half he made some really good throws despite the lack of blocking.  I saw the way he was walking off the field and it was obvious he was hurt.  On 1st aberrant throw in 2nd half it was clear his arm was hurting. He should have been pulled then.

As I said I have been one of Harsin's supporters. I no longer am his supporter and the only way to bring me back is some miracle that this season turns around after this game. When I say turn around I don't mean we have one good game I mean we basically play lights out the rest of this season.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Then we ran off the two coordinators....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Time for me to eat crow! Have at it!

kughkvovov.jpg.dc060620e687914fa447a84ffeb36f27.jpg

At least you have the butsack to admit you were wrong. Respect you for that. Some of these clowns who were just singing his praises are on here acting like they knew he was a dud all along. 

• Like 1