Psu post game

gr82b4au

7 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Yep some folks still wonder why our offenses suck and want to blame the QB.  It's really not that hard.  We need quality OL's and lots of them.

He would never be great but I think TJ could win games for us if he was upright and not running for his life

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredst said:

But…..how would things have turned out today if we *had* come out in orange jerseys 🤔

64-0 AU

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BHDAU1 said:

There were no silver linings to point out in this ugly embarrassment.  The Oline was the worst I have witnessed at Auburn in the last 30 years.  There was not a single player on the offensive line that had a good or even OK game. No push on the running plays and more often than not on pass plays there was at least one guy getting to our QB without even being bumped/chipped.  The QB position is not good, but then again Tom Brady or Joe Burrow would have had a terrible game with the pathetic line play.  I mean seriously, there wasnt a single pass play in the 2nd half where the QB had more than a second in the pocket.  Tank looked bad and we know he is good so what does that tell you about QB? Ashford could be a serviceable QB if he had any time, like ANY time whatsoever without having to evade tacklers in the pocket or the flat for that matter.  RBs had no holes to hit, and the WRs couldnt even get into their routes before our QB had to let it fly.  The defense was not good either in ANY respect.  Tons of missed tackles and playing out of position, huge cushions on the WRs and bad coverage, and our DEs, LBs, and DL got zero sacks and no pass rush.  AU's Oline and Dline were absolutely schooled and manhandled by PSU.  All-around one of the worst performances I have ever seen by AU at home.   It was truly embarrassing to watch...

Same s***, different game. I’ve been an advocate for giving Harsin time, but today was my breaking point. There’s no such thing as a good loss, but you can lose good as opposed to bad, and that was not the case today. Effort, preparation, execution and adjustment were totally lacking today, and for that, there are no passes or excuses.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Yeah. The D has been a real disappointment for me. The offense was going to struggle. We new that. No surprise there. I really thought the D from the bama game was going to be the culture moving forward. 

Now we see how important Zakoby was. The Georgia State game give us the first glimpse of things to come 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jetermary said:

I feel fine. I knew we weren't going to win before the game started. I couldn't understand why everyone seemed so excited about our two wins against lessor opponents. Did you think we were all of a sudden play fantastic football? So let's fire the coach. This is not what I wanted. This is what the fan base wanted. Fire the coach and hire a new one. So deal with it fan base. Give the guy the time he needs. Support him! We can't get any worse. 

giphy.gif

The offensive line is evidently even worse than last year. More experienced and worse. Yes there is a lack of talent. But the fact that this position group has regressed is because of coaching.  Can't recruit this position. Can't coach this position. Why the hell was will friend retained?

Just thinking out loud I recall the Auburn game on the road at Clemson. The offense was pretty putrid that day but the Defense still kept Auburn in that game. My point is people saying the defense needed more from the offense but todays offense was more productive than the offense that year but the defense still kept Auburn in the game that season

7 minutes ago, shabby said:

The offensive line is evidently even worse than last year. More experienced and worse. Yes there is a lack of talent. But the fact that this position group has regressed is because of coaching.  Can't recruit this position. Can't coach this position. Why the hell was will friend retained?

I was skeptical right on this here forum, since Friend was run out on a rail by Tennessee and they were happy to see his backside.

Almost makes the 2016 Clemson game look good. We just never put 3 QBs into the game today.

2017: "Auburn must find a way to get its offense going and it must start with the offensive line. Jarrett Stidham was continually chased all over the field by Clemson defenders, who registered seven sacks." 

We can be thankful that every year is better than the next.

12 minutes ago, shabby said:

If Tate Johnson is a college talent center, I’m a Hall of Famer.  There was one play where he had two defenders attacking him so he didn’t block either one, he did a perfect form split.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

So, will Will Friend be the sacrificial assistant fired before the 4th game this season to atone? With friends like Friend, we can't handle any enemies.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Almost makes the 2016 Clemson game look good. We just never put 3 QBs into the game today.

2017: "Auburn must find a way to get its offense going and it must start with the offensive line. Jarrett Stidham was continually chased all over the field by Clemson defenders, who registered seven sacks." 

Auburns defense still played well even with all the ineptitude on offense 

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

Considering Gus turned away numerous OL’s for deep snappers, it’s no wonder we have no one.

Just now, e808 said:

Auburns defense still played well even with all the ineptitude on offense 

Yes. I never thought I'd think, "I wish we had that 2016 team again." We wanted to do BETTER. This is the Twilight Zone.

17 minutes ago, shabby said:

^^^This*^^

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Yes. I never thought I'd think, "I wish we had that 2016 team again." We wanted to do BETTER. This is the Twilight Zone.

Because Auburn defense was so stellar u actually had hope. Just needed that one play on offense to swing the game 

5 minutes ago, AUx said:

So, will Will Friend be the sacrificial assistant fired before the 4th game this season to atone? With friends like Friend, we can't handle any enemies.

There’s be no one left on the staff if that happens. What position played well?

18 minutes ago, shabby said:

This is the issue. They got little to no push against FCS Mercer and Group of Five SJSU. That is bad.

Just now, e808 said:

Because Auburn defense was so stellar u actually had hope. Just needed that one play on offense to swing the game 

But still depressing and demoralizing. I so wanted a DB or Steele to walk over to Malzahn and throat-punch him and stomp on his headset after the 5th or 6th 3-and-out.

Just now, AUx said:

But still depressing and demoralizing. I so wanted a DB or Steele to walk over to Malzahn and throat-punch him and stomp on his headset after the 5th or 6th 3-and-out.

So true

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

There’s be no one left on the staff if that happens. What position played well?

I'm just being indiscriminately sarcastic - referring to the Cornelius Williams firing last year (which probably wasn't directly-attributable to bad receiver play, nor can it be directly-attributed to improved receiver play). Bad joke about token firings for systemic failure.

Edited by AUx

11 minutes ago, AUx said:

Harsin could fire Friend, make Bedell OL coach, and promote a GA to a coaching position.