Psu post game

gr82b4au

Gus caused this hole that the football program is stuck in. 

I think it’s been out there that Harsin hasn’t helped himself and if anything kept digging more into the hole. It’s pointless to argue about who’s fault it is or who’s the better coach. That’s like arguing who’s poop smells better. 

Fun fact, since our NC year, we are now 19-22 without Gus Malzahn. And 8-19 vs P5 programs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, e808 said:

Hopefully u and Dag can work it out. He did acknowledge what I told him at the time CBH was hired.

Ehh everybody knows I eat crow when I am here. I just don’t care for that guys opinion on a lot of different things not just head coaching stuff. Grown man should be able to handle that lol. 

And at the end of the day , who cares? I rooted for CBH because I root for Auburn. Guess what? When he showed he can’t get Auburn over the hump, I say bye Felicia (nothing personal). I care about Auburn. Right or wrong is a child’s game. I wants what is best for the university I graduated from. I don’t care if it was Gus, CBH, etc.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Missouri struggled with Aibileen Christian today

And we've struggled with everyone too.

We should win, but I'm not looking forward to this 

1 hour ago, Taco said:

Gus caused this hole that the football program is stuck in. 

I think it’s been out there that Harsin hasn’t helped himself and if anything kept digging more into the hole. It’s pointless to argue about who’s fault it is or who’s the better coach. That’s like arguing who’s poop smells better. 

Fun fact, since our NC year, we are now 19-22 without Gus Malzahn. And 8-19 vs P5 programs. 

Steele kept our problems concealed to a lot of people.  His D kept us in so many games when Gus’ offense stunk it up.  Give Gus this defense and the results of this game are probably similar.

We love to talk about bad team culture, but the downward spiral began when Gus’ O was emasculated via rules changes, then ramped up when Kirby was hired at UGA - our recruiting along the OL/DL tanked.  Can’t survive, much less thrive, without those positions.

Priority one when Harsin was interviewed should have been, “What’s your plan for rebuilding our offensive line? What’s your plan for re-stocking our roster with talent that can compete with UGA and bama?”  Instead we heard an awful lot of ear-candy about culture and work, when we know full well that alone won’t cut it.

Also, huge red flag…took him forever to hire a staff, and it lacked alpha recruiters.  No sense of urgency…he had no clue how important it was to move quickly otherwise recruiting suffers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Steele kept our problems concealed to a lot of people.  His D kept us in so many games when Gus’ offense stunk it up.  Give Gus this defense and the results of this game are probably similar.

We love to talk about bad team culture, but the downward spiral began when Gus’ O was emasculated via rules changes, then ramped up when Kirby was hired at UGA - our recruiting along the OL/DL tanked.  Can’t survive, much less thrive, without those positions.

Priority one when Harsin was interviewed should have been, “What’s your plan for rebuilding our offensive line? What’s your plan for re-stocking our roster with talent that can compete with UGA and bama?”  Instead we heard an awful lot of ear-candy about culture and work, when we know full well that alone won’t cut it.

Also, huge red flag…took him forever to hire a staff, and it lacked alpha recruiters.  No sense of urgency…he had no clue how important it was to move quickly otherwise recruiting suffers.

Thank you.   Some common sense finally from someone.   

Anyone still trying to pin this primarily at Gus’s feet needs a reality check. The game has changed drastically in the last few years. If Gus left a hole at OL or any other position, why didn’t we hit the portal harder? Why aren’t we recruiting like heck out of JC to fill those holes? Why isn’t recruiting 4 and 5 star OL out of high school a top priority? There are ways to very quickly rebuild now. Harsin had 2 off seasons to do that, and hadn’t done it or even shown signs that he’s working on it. This is on Harsin because he hasn’t learned to navigate modern college football. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Well Steele didn't do that great of a job concealing the problems we had 🤣 if he did we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are right now. 

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Hopefully u and Dag can work it out. He did acknowledge what I told him at the time CBH was hired.

I disagreed with him wanting Urban Meyer. He said he was tired of my posts and blocked me haha. It was weird. Oh well. 

54 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Anyone still trying to pin this primarily at Gus’s feet needs a reality check. The game has changed drastically in the last few years. If Gus left a hole at OL or any other position, why didn’t we hit the portal harder? Why aren’t we recruiting like heck out of JC to fill those holes? Why isn’t recruiting 4 and 5 star OL out of high school a top priority? There are ways to very quickly rebuild now. Harsin had 2 off seasons to do that, and hadn’t done it or even shown signs that he’s working on it. This is on Harsin because he hasn’t learned to navigate modern college football. 

I blame both. It was an issue under Gus. Probably THE issue that kept Gus from being more successful offensively.  

But your point is valid on Harsin. With the portal it’s mind boggling we didn’t shore up that glaring weakness.  

How much does our reputation play into the lack of OL recruiting? The inability to develop OL and get them to the NFL has been built for several years. Playing into that issue is that Harsin had a good resume at Boise but he doesn't have enough name recognition in college football to overcome it like an Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops would be able to.

Friend has a history recruiting and developing high level OL talent but he can't attract them here and he can't develop what we have. We need more talent but we can't get it because we can't play well enough to show that we can develop it and the current talent isn't good enough to develop to a high level. 

The reputation is just perpetuating itself at this point. 

If we pull the trigger on Harsin this year we are going to have to hire a major big name coach that has a recognized history like Pearl. That will be the only way to overcome our reputation for not developing players and will be the only way we give somebody the time they need to correct it. Considering our hiring history, what are the chances of that happening? 

6 hours ago, Tigers77 said:

I blame both. It was an issue under Gus. Probably THE issue that kept Gus from being more successful offensively.  

But your point is valid on Harsin. With the portal it’s mind boggling we didn’t shore up that glaring weakness.  

Agreed. I’m not questioning whether Gus had recruiting issues or not. I’m questioning , if we had glaring weaknesses, why they weren’t addressed during the off season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I disagreed with him wanting Urban Meyer. He said he was tired of my posts and blocked me haha. It was weird. Oh well. 

LMAO You want a hug pal? Didn't block you. Just don't care to keep going back and forth with you with your opinions  (Plural) man. Going to have to move on and let it go or not.  Plenty of people disagree with my head coaching wants of UM and Hugh Freeze. 

Edited by DAG

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

LMAO You want a hug pal? Didn't block you. Just don't care to keep going back and forth with you with your opinions  (Plural) man. Going to have to move on and let it go or not.  Plenty of people disagree with my head coaching wants of UM and Hugh Freeze. 

You make no sense. I always thought we got along fine. Then suddenly you don’t want to go back and forth with me. But you have to have the last word. And act like I’m the sensitive one? 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

You make no sense. I always thought we got along fine. Then suddenly you don’t want to go back and forth with me. But you have to have the last word. And act like I’m the sensitive one? 

I am actually trying to move on and save the rest of this thread from this pointless debate we are having. The forum has more things to argue about such as unrealistic head coaching options, blaming Gus for taxes, deaths and CBH mean stare and acting like Monday morning QBs. Honestly, I do not care for having the last word. You can have it. I am done.

Just now, DAG said:

I am actually trying to move on and save the rest of this thread from this pointless debate we are having. The forum has more things to argue about such as unrealistic head coaching options, blaming Gus for taxes, deaths and CBH mean stare and acting like Monday morning QBs. Honestly, I do not care for having the last word. You can have it. I am done.

Saving the thread is exactly why I messaged you last night. You know, to talk like a grown man. It wouldn’t go through which is why I assumed I was blocked. Good to hear you are done though. Have a good one. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Saving the thread is exactly why I messaged you last night. You know, to talk like a grown man. It wouldn’t go through which is why I assumed I was blocked. Good to hear you are done though. Have a good one. 

That is what the PM is for bud. I suggest hitting me on that. Not tagging me, airing out grievances. It feels gross. 

Just now, DAG said:

That is what the PM is for bud. I suggest hitting me on that. Not tagging me, airing out grievances. It feels gross. 

I literally just explained to you how I DM’d you last night.