Just watch

gr82b4au

Not only “just watch” but during the pregame Harsin said he was so excited because this was by far, the best week of practice since he’s been at Auburn! Can you imagine, the bad weeks of practice?

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Not only “just watch” but during the pregame Harsin said he was so excited because this was by far, the best week of practice since he’s been at Auburn! Can you imagine, the bad weeks of practice?

if coach does not realize how bad we are he has not a clue. but then he has to do that coach speak thing because of the players right? is hars somehow kin to gus? my feelings are we screwed up retaining harsin. i think the damage was already done in year one but we wanted to get a better look for auburn in the press because of how bad we were getting hammered. i think it killed us in recruiting and in hiring top notch quality coaches. i like ike with the receivers but other than that i feel like we could have and should have done better.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if coach does not realize how bad we are he has not a clue. but then he has to do that coach speak thing because of the players right? is hars somehow kin to gus? my feelings are we screwed up retaining harsin. i think the damage was already done in year one but we wanted to get a better look for auburn in the press because of how bad we were getting hammered. i think it killed us in recruiting and in hiring top notch quality coaches. i like ike with the receivers but other than that i feel like we could have and should have done better.

It’s not his fault that he was hired to a position, way over his head, but most of these problems he has no one to blame but himself. I mean the dumpster fire started and continued to burn long before the off the field issues.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

It’s not his fault that he was hired to a position, way over his head, but most of these problems he has no one to blame but himself. I mean the dumpster fire started and continued to burn long before the off the field issues.

it is funny how everyone said he was super qualified. his weight program had me excited as we could see the change. we seem to play harder like the pap hit on the psu qb. and i will freely admit i thought he could get it done and had to get past the past with all the crap flying.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is funny how everyone said he was super qualified. 

He sells himself well and I think he's a good football coach, just not an SEC level head coach. He seems to think he can vet and develop his way out of a pronounced talent gap at key positions. He also refused to sell his program or build relationships inside or outside Auburn. That's a recipe for disaster at this level. Nearly his entire resume revolves around Boise State and programs and relationships that he was mostly a part of as a position coach. We are not Boise State, this is not the Mountain West, and he's a "my way or the highway" coach in the wrong place to be one. It was just not a good or well thought out match from the start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is funny how everyone said he was super qualified. his weight program had me excited as we could see the change. we seem to play harder like the pap hit on the psu qb. and i will freely admit i thought he could get it done and had to get past the past with all the crap flying.

By no means am I trying to sound like some Nostradamus or something. When Greene was hired I looked at his track record in Buffalo, and he did some really foolish things. I won’t go on here, but you can look them up. And then we finally we get to make a hire without the PTB controlling it, and Greene chooses this guy from Boise Idaho? I knew, I just knew there was no way he was going to work out. I mean, I’m just telling it like it is. I will be criticized for this, but the way he carry’s himself, the way his wife and daughters dress, talk and act, it’s just not a good fit in Auburn Alabama. And I know, I am completely opening myself up for criticism, but it is, what it is. I knew it was never going to work. I was a young kid, stationed in Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho. The people, the recruiting landscape etc… is a completely different world than the southeast. Football is a completely different animal in the southeast compared to the Pacific Northwest. I seriously, did not have a doubt in my mind that he was never going to work out.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

He sells himself well and I think he's a good football coach, just not an SEC level head coach. He seems to think he can vet and develop his way out of a pronounced talent gap at key positions. He also refused to sell his program or build relationships inside or outside Auburn. That's a recipe for disaster at this level. Nearly his entire resume revolves around Boise State and programs and relationships that he was mostly a part of as a position coach. We are not Boise State, this is not the Mountain West, and he's a "my way or the highway" coach in the wrong place to be one. It was just not a good or well thought out match from the start. 

i was worried when some of the players left and said hars did not know how to talk to them.wth? that was a huge warning. then he turned into the nice hars. weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

By no means am I trying to sound like some Nostradamus or something. When Greene was hired I looked at his track record in Buffalo, and he did some really foolish things. I won’t go on here, but you can look them up. And then we finally we get to make a higher without the PTB controlling it, and Greene chooses this guy from Boise Idaho? I knew, I just knew there was no way he was going to work out. I mean, I’m just telling it like it is. I will be criticized for this, but the way he carry’s himself, the way his wife and daughters dress, talk and act, it’s just not a good fit in Auburn Alabama. And I know, I am completely opening myself up for criticism, but it is, what it is. I knew it was never going to work. I was a young kid, stationed in Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho. The people, the recruiting landscape etc… is a completely different world than the southeast. Football is a completely different animal in the southeast compared to the Pacific Northwest. I seriously, did not have a doubt in my mind that he was never going to work out.

we have a bad habit of criticizing peoples opinions on here. we go overboard and tend to forget at the end of the day we are all auburn fans and we all hurt. i know at halftime we were toast. i hate it for our kids because i imagine only a few of them are getting paid.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we have a bad habit of criticizing peoples opinions on here. we go overboard and tend to forget at the end of the day we are all auburn fans and we all hurt. i know at halftime we were toast. i hate it for our kids because i imagine only a few of them are getting paid.

Out of likes, but I agree!

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I disagree, Steele held this program together when Gus offense was terrible and that made this fan base think that we had talent, hanging on to Gus to LONG! was a mistake, it killed us in recruiting and it's never good when the AD can't really do his job because of the boggie man, and I'm not just talking about Greene we can go back to the previous AD's which are just puppets when it comes to the football program. Now fast forward to today's team WE HAVE NO TALENT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL........ let me make myself clear here, I am not going to make any excuses for this staff neither, but they can't make chicken salad out of gizzards this program will not be back until some real talent starts to walk on campus. my suggestion to all fans, buckle up and have some tough skin as Patrick fan dye used to say the sun will come up tomorrow.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

And just to point out some thing very wise that you said: Yes, it appears, at least pregame Penn State, we have a head coach that doesn’t realize how bad his football team is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

I disagree, Steele held this program together when Gus offense was terrible and that made this fan base think that we had talent, hanging on to Gus to LONG! was a mistake, it killed us in recruiting and it's never good when the AD can't really do his job because of the boggie man, and I'm not just talking about Greene we can go back to the previous AD's which are just puppets when it comes to the football program. Now fast forward to today's team WE HAVE NO TALENT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL........ let me make myself clear here, I am not going to make any excuses for this staff neither, but they can't make chicken salad out of gizzards this program will not be back until some real talent starts to walk on campus. my suggestion to all fans, buckle up and have some tough skin as Patrick fan dye used to say the sun will come up tomorrow.

Not trying to be argumentative, but going back to the last two years of Gus, and these two seasons with Harsin, I find it very hard to believe, very, very hard to believe, that a team brand like Auburn, cannot recruit say one four-star and one or 2 three star linemen and then get the best three star linemen out of the portal or out of junior college that are going to work there rear ends off in the weight room and in the film room for this team. So why hasn’t it happened?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

We got roped into it. I think majority of us wanted anything but CKS, we were willing to accept anything. That’s how bad Auburn got at one point. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got roped into it. I think majority of us wanted anything but CKS, we were willing to accept anything. That’s how bad Auburn got at one point. 

Out of likes but this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Out of likes but this. 

Can you believe that? That is what scares me about this head coaching searches. CKS was really talked about like an option…

Just now, DAG said:

Can you believe that? That is what scares me about this head coaching searches. CKS was really talked about like an option…

I know and we are about at that point again I'm afraid. Im still like I was last night though bro for some odd reason I feel a bit better this time. I just hope my gut is right. 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I know and we are about at that point again I'm afraid. Im still like I was last night though bro for some odd reason I feel a bit better this time. I just hope my gut is right. 

I feel so horrible for our players. That’s what drives me…they look so defeated . It’s junk. Auburn is not suppose to be this bad man. I still say the best coach in my life time was tubs. I don’t care if the others got us to NCs. Those teams just had true grit ugh. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I feel so horrible for our players. That’s what drives me…they look so defeated . It’s junk. Auburn is not suppose to be this bad man.

Same, I felt embarrassed for them yesterday since it's been 40+ years since we've gotten beat that bad by an OOC opponent. They have worked their asses off for nothing and it sucks. 

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Let’s not pretend we had the pick of the litter post Gus. We were straight up rejected by top tier coaches. Auburns problems go way beyond talent at coaching and recruits 

were we though? I feel like Auburn push people to rejections, if that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

were we though? I feel like Auburn push people to rejections, if that makes sense.

If the leadership is pushing top tier coaches to not take the job then I’d say we’ve got bigger problems than just replacing the current coaching staff. 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

If the leadership is pushing top tier coaches to not take the job then I’d say we’ve got bigger problems than just replacing the current coaching staff. 

I wouldn’t say they are pushing them to not take the job. More so quality coaches come with demands and Auburn balks at them.

• Like 2