Who do you start next week at qb?

gr82b4au

Just now, W.E.D said:

Doesn't really matter with this OL

I’m not defending this dude or saying I miss him when I say this…but so many of us said the same thing last 3 years, the issue wasn’t the QB, it was the o-line. We are having very very similar issues we’ve had for the last few years with different QB’s. Same issues, different QB’s. Sooooo much of good quarterback play comes from good o-line play. Just average play would be better than what we’ve had. We have many many offensive issues but it starts with the same common dominator we’ve had for the last few years…o-line. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Neither Finley or Ashford should be in the SEC.

Calzada has not had a single snap all season.

Geriner isn't ready.

We have no good choice for a starter next week.

• Like 4

Whoever it is has a fantastic chance of being killed on the field of play because of our horrible OL.  It's hard to judge TJ's or RA's performance simply because they were being instantly harassed every single play.  My question if the coaches knew our OL was this horrific why not design plays that get the ball out of the QB's hands quicker?  Why have them try to pass pro for 3-4 seconds on every pass play?  

• Like 8

Let's just put tank back there and give it a shot couldn't hurt worse then what we have at QB.

Hell let's just go to the Wishbone offense we might do better in that. Have Ashford at QB with Tank and Hunter beside him and we would probably do a lot better in it. Couldn't possibly hurt worse then what we are doing now. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Neither Finley or Ashford should be in the SEC.

Calzada has not had a single snap all season.

Geriner isn't ready.

We have no good choice for a starter next week.

Well they have to pick someone. 

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

My question if the coaches knew our OL was this horrific why not design plays that get the ball out of the QB's hands quicker?  Why have them try to pass pro for 3-4 seconds on every pass play?  

I said the same thing. Why are we designing plays that are so terrible and slow. I know that TJ is already slow and lumbering, and then you add these plays and I am just dumbfounded. 
Where is the quick slant? Get rid of the ball. And not to they other team. 
I bet bo is thanking his lucky stars he is not on this team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I bet bo is thanking his lucky stars he is not on this team. 

Absolutely.  Ill bet he doesn't miss the super genius fans that rode his ass constantly either, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Absolutely.  Ill bet he doesn't miss the super genius fans that rode his ass constantly either, lol.

Well to be fair he deserved some of that criticism. He acted like a baby several times. Any Fanbase in the SEC that has high expectations is going to show disappointment if a five star quarterback does not work out. Obviously he is much better than anything we have on the roster, but he has already played Georgia this year (ouch) and his competition is going to be much easier in the pac whatever.

But for his own safety, he is probably very happy but I certainly wish he was still on the team.

• Like 1

We could win the next two games but you can’t hide the drubbing we took today….then trips to Georgia and Ole Miss….OUCH!!!!!

You gotta go with Ashford for the simple fact that he's extremely mobile, so he can avoid the ever-present pressure that is sure to come EVERY damn game. You're gonna have picks and fumbles regardless with TJ or Calzada, so go with the guy that can run.

• Like 3

Finley really wasn't that bad. He was not put in a position to succeed (but what else is new). Every time he got in a rhythm, Ashford came in. 

And the OL is somehow worse than last year.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Finley really wasn't that bad. He was not put in a position to succeed (but what else is new). Every time he got in a rhythm, Ashford came in. 

And the OL is somehow worse than last year.

Experience with being bad.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I’m not defending this dude or saying I miss him when I say this…but so many of us said the same thing last 3 years, the issue wasn’t the QB, it was the o-line. We are having very very similar issues we’ve had for the last few years with different QB’s. Same issues, different QB’s. Sooooo much of good quarterback play comes from good o-line play. Just average play would be better than what we’ve had. We have many many offensive issues but it starts with the same common dominator we’ve had for the last few years…o-line. 

Facts

• Like 2