Who do you start next week at qb?

gr82b4au

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This was never supposed to be a full rebuild

Defensively, I agree.  It's been the most disappointing area to me. The LBs have been bad. OP should never play MLB.

Offensively, I disagree.  Knowing what we had or, better yet, didn't have at OL, QB, or WR should have indicated it needed a complete rebuild.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well it will not be TJ. He is out. So we will see if it is only Ashford or somebody else

Per who? Has it been announced.  Haven't seen it

Edited by NWALA Tiger

On 9/18/2022 at 7:01 PM, AU-24 said:

Again, using facts instead of opinion:

As I posted in another thread, Gus left Harsin with enough talent to beat Ole Miss when they were top 10 or near a top 10 team, beat LSU in Baton Rouge, beat Penn State in Happy Valley and beat the turds in Auburn. Harsinsquandered the losses away with poor coaching, and he continued to squander a ton of talent to the portal, that he never replenished.

So many people (prior to the Penn State disaster at home) were so quick to point out: oh, oh, oh if Bo didn’t get hurt, Harsin would have only lost like three games last year. Really? Well I thought Gus didn’t leave him the talent to do that?

Facts are Gus's abysmal record on the road in the SEC, which seems to be looked over in your posts. Also, games against equivalent  national programs over his time at Auburn. His "Offensive" magic had disappeared. UCF will find out soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2022 at 7:25 PM, bigbird said:

Again, you trying to defend the rushing attack the last 5 years is hilarious.  

The funniest part is you continuing to try and pivot the conversation back to CBH when it had nothing to do with him in the first place.

Let's recap...

Thurston said that Gus's team could consistently line up and run the ball.

I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

You, then take offense to me stating a verifiable fact and spend multiple post trying to twist my words into some sort of attack against Gus as if it had anything to do with the conversation. 

Fact is you're so hung up on trying to get the bulge on me that you end up looking sad and petty.  Good luck with that.

I haven’t been around long but as a newbie its easy to see this 24 guy and his buddy Mike are just stuck in Gus’s unending, weird psychological hold he had on half our fan base. 

God bless you for continuing to fight the good fight with those two but you may as well speak to your living room wall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Facts are Gus's abysmal record on the road in the SEC, which seems to be looked over in your posts. Also, games against equivalent  national programs over his time at Auburn. His "Offensive" magic had disappeared. UCF will find out soon enough.

Respectfully disagree but time to move on. Gus isn’t Daboo or Kirby but he finished well (After losing his starting quarterback and running back do to injuries) then beat UF in their bowl game. Also finished with the highest rated recruiting class in the history of Central Florida.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Defensively, I agree.  It's been the most disappointing area to me. The LBs have been bad. OP should never play MLB.

Offensively, I disagree.  Knowing what we had or, better yet, didn't have at OL, QB, or WR should have indicated it needed a complete rebuild.  

Yeah. But we still had an experienced QB, an elite running back, and a deep, talented tight end room (which has still been underutilized despite promises). The line was and still is a disaster. The receivers were too. But if CBH had plugged a few holes with the portal OL, we might could have had a *decent* offense by year 2. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah. But we still had an experienced QB, an elite running back, and a deep, talented tight end room (which has still been underutilized despite promises). The line was and still is a disaster. The receivers were too. But if CBH had plugged a few holes with the portal OL, we might could have had a *decent* offense by year 2. 

There's no doubt Gus' offense was miserable his last few seasons. So it was something of a rebuild. 

But you're exactly right that Harsin whiffed at every opportunity to improve the talent. The right coach would have had the O in better shape in year 2. 

Despite personnel, what's most baffling to me is the usage of the few good players he does have. Tank had 9 carries against Penn State! That's criminal. Seriously, a child would know to give the ball to your best player. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Perhaps. I wish the portal had been used better.  The 0fer in February really hurt both perception and reality 

• Like 1