Jake Crain bringing the heat

RunInRed

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Are you saying I am finally wearing you down will my boyish good looks and intoxicating personality?

200w.gif.d7c6b6e2947f9dec775b9d3ddd600f58.gif

R.gif.0de297bd9738ea61f95b1d0d4fcbb671.gif

Let me help Dag out with this one

Edited by AU80cruiser

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

And that was my issue.  Your right, but it's been in chaos since after the 2017-18 season.  We haven't remotely been good in 5 years.  The expectation to turn it around quickly was unreasonable to anyone paying attention to the program. 

CBH didn't help himself any and in doing so put him behind a year. Add that to the cluster of roster mismanagement and you see where we're at.  Hopefully a different coach can utilize the portal with better effect.

I agree with all but the 2019 team. Feel like with a great qb that team couldve done some damage, even with the Autist himself Gussy calling the shots.  But we had Bocephius Nix instead. 2018, 2020, 2021 and now 2022 were hot garbage though with the last half of 21 and 22 being the worst of the bunch. You'll totally correct in we've essentially been crap for years. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

I agree with all but the 2019 team. Feel like with a great qb that team couldve done some damage, even with the Autist himself Gussy calling the shots.  But we had Bocephius Nix instead. 2018, 2020, 2021 and now 2022 were hot garbage though with the last half of 21 and 22 being the worst of the bunch. You'll totally correct in we've essentially been crap for years. 

If you go back year by year and think about the losses, there were some really bad, inexplicable losses

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tmoney56 said:

I disagree. 1 TD, 4 picks in 53 attempts. Maybe a little regression. At LSU in 5 games he only had 5 picks and 5 TD's. He's no better, and looks worse to me. He's Jeremy Johnson level bad, no matter how much our DIII coach talks him up.

This is a bad take. Sorry. If you are only looking at TDs-INTs then yes...statistically in that category it doesn't look as good, but you know that stats don't tell the whole story especially not when cherry picked. Overall his stat sheet is improved in virtually every other category that he can control.

Setting the stat sheet aside and looking at the actual on field product, any one with knowledge of the QB position should be able to see the clear improvements he has made. 

On the play below...TJ does a great job of stepping up in he pocket to avoid he pressure from the inside. Had a little room to tuck and run but kept his eyes downfield and made a great throw with touch right over the defender. We didn't see this much last year. He would have more than likely been sacked at best.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

And that's how it should be. 

The instant and intense hatred for CBH after his announcement was strange. Too many got their lenses muddied in February and couldn't find their way back from the loud and unfounded rumors.  Many just doubled down on their hypocritical disdain in an attempt to save face. 

Those that were willing to show patience were criticized regularly. I do believe though that the majority of those lost their patience this last Saturday too.  I did. It was wholly embarrassing and we need to now pivot.

And some of us knew right from the start that this was a bad hire and could plainly see that Harsin is clueless and would never be able to adapt to the SEC. He had issues months before February. The red flags popped up right away. But nobody wanted to see them. 

There's nothing hypocrotical about that. A February kind of mess would've happened anyway, sooner or later with Harsin, because he's tone deaf. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Could’ve done fine with Bo in 2019 if Gus could call any sort of an offense. That defense was so stacked it wasn’t even fair. A lot of those guys on D made it to the league. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

And some of us knew right from the start that this was a bad hire and could plainly see that Harsin is clueless and would never be able to adapt to the SEC. He had issues months before February. The red flags popped up right away. But nobody wanted to see them. 

There's nothing hypocrotical about that. A February kind of mess would've happened anyway, sooner or later with Harsin, because he's tone deaf. 

So what did you notice right after his hiring that was a red flag?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

So what did you notice right after his hiring that was a red flag?

I had to Google him. Red flag #1 lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You knew right from the start, based off what? I doubt you followed him at Boise and had you, you would've given him a chance. Be real about it, you've been pissed off since December 13, 2020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Wait, so only big names/known coaches can do well. Got it. 

I’m sorry, where did I say that in my post?

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

listen to finebaum if you are not a hater. he is going in depth about harsin and who we should replace him with. and kiffen is his guy.

The only way Kiffen is coming from Ole Miss to Auburn is in a pine box..😉 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

When you alluded that he was a red flag because you yourself had no idea who he was.

Yet a red flag is simply just that, a red flag- a potential warning sign. He completely jumped to the “only big name coaches can do well” bit which I in fact did not say. I said it was a red flag and nothing more. 

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Plus I put the “lol” in there because it was kinda funny to me. 

Oh, okay. Disregard my response then. 

I had to Google his name, too, and I was honestly kind of excited. Like, “heck yeah! Fresh blood!” But I didn’t mean that “fresh blood” the way our opponents are taking it. 😂

Edited by Auburn Tiger

A red flag was the snails pace that he moved at.  It’s easy to point these things out 2 years later though. I defended him during the Corn fiasco.  I was on board until USCe.

Finding red flags doesn’t mean you don’t support the man.  You gotta give him a chance to do it his own way; and we did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A red flag was the snails pace that he moved at.  It’s easy to point these things out 2 years later though. I defended him during the Corn fiasco.  I was on board until USCe.

Finding red flags doesn’t mean you don’t support the man.  You gotta give him a chance to do it his own way; and we did.

What was the 🌽 fiasco? Lol. 

44 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No ma'am. I am probably older than you, and don't want to argue with a great AU lady. But we didn't KNOW anything. I was a younger when Pat Dye was hired, but I was thinking, he's a Georgia guy going against the greatest coach of all time and he coached East Carolina and Wyoming? I KNEW he was toast. I was wrong. And that's why I wait to make a decision. Gus would never have gotten back on the bus if I was a PTB after the UGA game in 2016 (?) When uga  had one td off an interception by a qb that should have never been in the game, and uga was freaking awful on offense. The worst uga team I've seen in my 65 years. If we never throw, we win by 10. Both things can be true. Gus was not what we need and neither is Harsin.  But neither of us "knew" anything. But if I was the AD and fired Gus in Athens after that game , I know you would not have approved. And we agree most of the time on everything else. WDE anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1