Jake Crain bringing the heat

RunInRed

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Absolutely worst coached game in the history of football.

Well, last Saturday wasn't a peach either, but for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory......yeah. 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I have to disagree. Anyone saying TJ does not look any better. I completely disagree. He has most definitely improved. I think the issue is he had a LONG way to go before he was ready to be a starter in this league (if ever) and yet CBH thinks he is the best option we have. That is where the problem lies.

He has improved on his accuracy. He has improved on his Pocket awareness. He has been much better at stepping up into the pocket as opposed to last year just being a statue. He still makes some bone headed throws sometimes that lead to turnovers. 

TJ can start on an SEC team, but he'd need receivers that actually knew how to create space, and a line that could block for more than 2 seconds. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Finley were to be drafted as an experiment. He's a big ass QB with a big arm. Have him in the cut improving for a few years and you might have a capable 2nd-string Quarterback. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Well, last Saturday wasn't a peach either, but for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory......yeah. 100%

Speaking in terms of “game day coaching”. Bowden was actually a very good game day coach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

The worst uga team I've seen in my 65 years. If we never throw, we win by 10. Both things can be true. Gus was not what we need and neither is Harsin.  But neither of us "knew" anything. But if I was the AD and fired Gus in Athens after that game , I know you would not have approved.

THIS.  All day this. This right here. Well said.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

How's our offensive line?

His scheme 

His roster management

His inability to evolve 

His pigeonholing players

His lack of discipline

His lack of accountability 

His paranoia 

His inability to beat UGA, LSU, UA consistently

His inability to win on the road

His inability to win a bowl game

There are a few more but you get the picture

You were a consistent Harsin defender til gametime. Yeah, game stunk and the stench was not wholly unexpected. This is a very drastic change. You don't seem one to be swayed by the social mediaites and advocated for a full 2 years before judgement based on the strategy and narrative. I don't disagree with the public observations. I'm not scared by Auburn making a change and the negative assessments are easy to harmonize with. But they're still the same conclusions based on circumstantial evidence voiced from day one. What happened? Something tangible besides watching that game must have happened to you.

I didn't expect you to pick up pitchfork and torch. I'm asking because if sentiment can change in 4 hours with this coach, how are we gonna support a potentially-better coach who will probably have 2 full years of suck ahead of him?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

If he had not beat Bama twice . That’s hilarious ! how many times has your favorite candidate beat Bama? You don’t know who Malik Willis is? Really ? I don’t think you can have this discussion until you do a little more research haha 

Gus beat bama more, had more hardware, and overall was a better coach than huge freeze by all metrics.

having Malik Willis one year at liberty doesn’t make him some great qb developer it makes him fortunate to have a blue chipper at a tiny school.

haha

11 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Gus beat bama more, had more hardware, and overall was a better coach than huge freeze by all metrics.

having Malik Willis one year at liberty doesn’t make him some great qb developer it makes him fortunate to have a blue chipper at a tiny school.

haha

Again educate yourself. He had him for more than one year. You are embarrassing yourself. Ever heard of Chad Kelly? Didn't Gus have Malik Willis? LMAO

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Again educate yourself. He had him for more than one year. You are embarrassing yourself. 

Malik was also not a blue chipper. Received an offer from us on signing day as a fill spot if I recall. Maybe a 3*??

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Malik was also not a blue chipper. Received an offer from us on signing day as a fill spot if I recall. Maybe a 3*??

I definitely did not say that. Quoting the wrong person.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This same cat tried to get me in a back and forth last nite

Yeah I can see he is a tadbit lost.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I definitely did not say that. Quoting the wrong person.

Ha yeah I know, chiming in on your “need to educate yourself” line. We in agreement lol. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Ha yeah I know, chiming in on your “need to educate yourself” line. We in agreement lol. 

Sounds good Brodie !

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Again educate yourself. He had him for more than one year. You are embarrassing yourself. Ever heard of Chad Kelly? Didn't Gus have Malik Willis? LMAO

Lol, trust me, not embarrassed at all I can’t rattle off no name qbs freeze coached. Yeah gus did have willis. He didn’t play him and let him transfer What’s your point? I’m not advocating to get gus back either.

I was genuinely curious why you push so hard for freeze. You didn’t give compelling reasons. By all measurables gus is a better coach. 

5 hours ago, cbo said:

This dude is lost. 

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bryan-harsin-done-some-really-good-things-in-practice-auburn-football

Bryan Harsin on what Auburn is doing well this season... “All the prep and all the things that we've been doing, I think there's some really good things that we've done.

Notice how it’s a total non-answer. That’s a coach with nothing to brag on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Lol, trust me, not embarrassed at all I can’t rattle off no name qbs freeze coached. Yeah gus did have willis. He didn’t play him and let him transfer What’s your point? I’m not advocating to get gus back either.

I was genuinely curious why you push so hard for freeze. You didn’t give compelling reasons. By all measurables gus is a better coach. 

Based on your rebuttals I am not to worried. You couldn't even name a former player who competed for the starting Job for our beloved Auburn Tigers. Gus let's him walk. Three years later he is drafted in the third round under Freeze Tutelage. You literally just made my point. Not taking you serious man hahahaha. You don't even know your damn squad.

Edited by DAG

Perfectly said. We are a dreadful football program and team. The players who stuck it out deserve better than to let this go on any longer. Head coaching change must be made now, swiftly and give these players something to play for the rest of the year, regardless of wins - which will be very few. Coach BH will be fine somewhere else - not at Auburn. WDE

Let's get Lane Kiffin for 10 years at $92 mil and all the NIL money we can throw at every 4/5 star recruit we can find. 

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Based on your rebuttals I am not to worried. You couldn't even name a former player who competed for the starting Job for our beloved Auburn Tigers. Gus let's him walk. Three years later he is drafted in the third round under Freeze Tutelage. You literally just made my point. Not taking you serious man hahahaha. You don't even know your damn squad.

I know who Malik Willis is guy. Great, he got drafted too. I’m very happy for him. Hope it’s gets better for him than it went tonight. Gus had qbs drafted. You aren’t making the point you think you are.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Notice how it’s a total non-answer. That’s a coach with nothing to brag on. 

Harsin was given a softball question: "What are some things this team has done well in 3 games and how can you build on that?"

He began his response with this: "Yeah, well, there's a lot of things that we've done well that I've seen. Again, you guys get to see a very small portion of what we do. You get to see the game."

It's almost sad and almost funny, if it weren't so frustrating. In fairness, what else could he say? We are a mess in all 3 phases of the game. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, cbo said:

Harsin was given a softball question: "What are some things this team has done well in 3 games and how can you build on that?"

He began his response with this: "Yeah, well, there's a lot of things that we've done well that I've seen. Again, you guys get to see a very small portion of what we do. You get to see the game."

It's almost sad and almost funny, if it weren't so frustrating. In fairness, what else could he say? We are a mess in all 3 phases of the game. 

The sad part if someone on the coaching staff was paying attention it’s probably 14-9 at the half. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

I would have openly said that I like Harsin and I hope the guy succeeds. But Saturday just did it for me. I don't see how he can recover from this. Including our program. I did some research because I sure as hell haven't been on this Earth as long as some of the other posters on here. I took a look at our football record over the past 25 years. We've only had 6 double digit win seasons in the last 25 seasons. So I thought to myself, have we been expecting more out of our program than is the norm? Expectations are one thing, but results are another. I think like any other fan I expect us go to to the SEC Championship ever year (just because I love AU) but that's becoming more and more like a pipe dream. Damn, I haven't felt this way since 2012...

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 2