Jake Crain bringing the heat

RunInRed

9 hours ago, clwn said:

lol yeah. Harsin reminds me of the driver from Talladega Nights who got out during the pit stop and instead of getting back into the car was just sitting down eating a chicken sandwich at the concessions. 

Dude can't coach and knows he's in over his head. Getting paid regardless. Just would have liked if they pulled the trigger after the debacle last season. All the signs were there.

…driving The Laughing Clown Liquor Ford…

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bill O Brien is not a good candidate IMO. Two of the others are wild cards as they have no power 5 experience. Do not get caught up in solely recruiting. 

Bruce Pearl was a high risk/high reward hire. We lucked out during that period of time, took a chance and hired. I know most AU fans like to make up things as they go but the truth of the matter is many big conference schools did not want to poach him.

With a major asterisk next to this. For a sport no one cared about up until a few years ago.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Appreciate it. No spiking the ball here. I was consistent going back to last year that I wanted to be wrong. Honestly, this was a trifecta of bad hires and we just have to move on. 

my wishes for the fan base are:

A) understand that the bot, the boosters, etc are not out to ruin football. They want to win. They didn’t set out to ruin the guy’s reputation this summer…it was from a genuine disturbance and documented grievance within the program. 

B)understand that the media is gonna say whatever they want. Last week it was how bad we were to let go of the AD. This summer it was how dare we don’t give this guy a chance. We can sit and debate who we can get and who’s available, (that’s gaslighting at its finest btw) but no Auburn person could see that on Saturday and think we are more hopeful going forward. Bruce Pearl is the epitome of what we want and deserve in our football program, and we should go after that—even if we fail— wholeheartedly. 

war Eagle always! 

Amen, well said, preach it brother!

Leath gone, Greene gone, two down, one to go!

• Love 3

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

We won 9 games in Gus’s penultimate year against the toughest schedule we’ve ever faced (HALF the final top 10).

Notice how you didn’t get a response. 😂

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

? What truth all you posting is BS and trying to be petty. 🙄

You seem very upset with me. Just a thought but consider trying ignore? 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, AU-24 said:

You seem very upset with me. Just a thought but consider trying ignore? 🤷‍♂️ 

It's not being upset with you it's the fact that you seem in love with Gus still and trying to bring up old arguments bro, It's annoying and petty for no damn reason when the majority of Auburn fans have moved on from him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

With a major asterisk next to this. For a sport no one cared about up until a few years ago.

Totally unfair to say "no one" cared. But it is fair to say that we were a very lonely bunch!  😄

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

It's not being upset with you it's the fact that you seem in love with Gus still and trying to bring up old arguments bro, It's annoying and petty for no damn reason when the majority of Auburn fans have moved on from him. 

Majority correct. Now maybe all “should” move on and stop blaming him (Gus) for Harsin’s many short comings.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, fasttimes said:

I was genuinely curious why you push so hard for freeze. You didn’t give compelling reasons. By all measurables gus is a better coach. 

Freeze is a better coach than Gus, easily. Using "measurables" means absolutely nothing considering that one guy coached at Auburn, and the other at Ole Miss. There is a drastic difference between those two programs making any head to head comparison very stupid. Freeze also inherited a complete rebuild whereas Gus inherited a talented roster that Chizik recruited but fell apart due to off-field nonsense. Gus does nothing better than Freeze, except for non-football related qualities.

The Gus show at UCF so far should prove to you that he benefited from being at Auburn, not the other way around. Ironically, UCF is still way above Liberty in terms of program-power and I think that Freeze is still doing a better job (nearly beat a ranked Wake Forest team last week).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Maybe you should try midol 

zCVX.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AUx said:

You were a consistent Harsin defender til gametime. Yeah, game stunk and the stench was not wholly unexpected. This is a very drastic change. You don't seem one to be swayed by the social mediaites and advocated for a full 2 years before judgement based on the strategy and narrative. I don't disagree with the public observations. I'm not scared by Auburn making a change and the negative assessments are easy to harmonize with. But they're still the same conclusions based on circumstantial evidence voiced from day one. What happened? Something tangible besides watching that game must have happened to you.

I didn't expect you to pick up pitchfork and torch. I'm asking because if sentiment can change in 4 hours with this coach, how are we gonna support a potentially-better coach who will probably have 2 full years of suck ahead of him?

It's not that I was a defender of him. I just pushed back against the narratives being drawn.

I had hoped and gave the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things. Recognized or denied, There are still things out of his control that have a huge impact on the program. I'm still willing to wait and see, but I think we're at a tipping point and are in too perilous of a position to risk falling to the other side.  The performance against PSU was inexplicable.  I'm tired of inexplicable with regards to Auburn football.  

We are splintered as a fan base.  Moving further from the wedge is always a good thing for healing.  Whomever comes in next will be a unifier just because they're not Gus or the coach that replaced Gus.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, metafour said:

Freeze is a better coach than Gus, easily. Using "measurables" means absolutely nothing considering that one guy coached at Auburn, and the other at Ole Miss. There is a drastic difference between those two programs making any head to head comparison very stupid. Freeze also inherited a complete rebuild whereas Gus inherited a talented roster that Chizik recruited but fell apart due to off-field nonsense. Gus does nothing better than Freeze, except for non-football related qualities.

The Gus show at UCF so far should prove to you that he benefited from being at Auburn, not the other way around. Ironically, UCF is still way above Liberty in terms of program-power and I think that Freeze is still doing a better job (nearly beat a ranked Wake Forest team last week).

thats fine. you guys who want freeze can argue the "eye test" instead of more objective metrics. i disagree. but even if i accept that coaching wise there is little daylight between gus and freeze, all the fake holy roller BS and baggage that would come with freeze is enough to put me off of him. thats my opinion of course.

that said, if Auburn hires freeze, ill not like it, but i will hope he is VERY successful and if he is i will gladly come here and take every bit of "we F@#$ing told you!"

49 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

thats fine. you guys who want freeze can argue the "eye test" instead of more objective metrics.

Then give me your objective metrics, hotshot.

Let me guess, Gus won marginally more games at Auburn vs. Freeze at Ole Miss? And that means he's better?

Auburn football has competed or should have competed for a national championship at least once in almost every decade going back god knows how long (2013, 2010, 2004, 1993, etc, etc). Remind me the last time that Ole Miss has been a serious threat to compete for a title.

There is no one who actually knows anything about football who thinks that Gus Malzahn is a better coach than Hugh Freeze. And that was basically your claim. Sure, if you want to talk about who is the better human being or less likely to do something stupid, then it's not really a contest. On the field, Freeze is a better offensive mind and he's a better recruiter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It's not that I was a defender of him. I just pushed back against the narratives being drawn.

I had hoped and gave the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things. Recognized or denied, There are still things out of his control that have a huge impact on the program. I'm still willing to wait and see, but I think we're at a tipping point and are in too perilous of a position to risk falling to the other side.  The performance against PSU was inexplicable.  I'm tired of inexplicable with regards to Auburn football.  

We are splintered as a fan base.  Moving further from the wedge is always a good thing for healing.  Whomever comes in next will be a unifier just because they're not Gus or the coach that replaced Gus.

I hope you are right, but these days I'm not sure. It seems a percentage of people everywhere will hate everything.

Hell, when bammers win by a close score there are people wanting to fire Nick cause he's losing it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, metafour said:

Let me guess, Gus won marginally more games at Auburn vs. Freeze at Ole Miss? And that means he's better?

Auburn football has competed or should have competed for a national championship at least once in almost every decade going back god knows how long (2013, 2010, 2004, 1993, etc, etc). Remind me the last time that Ole Miss has been a serious threat to compete for a title.

There is no one who actually knows anything about football who thinks that Gus Malzahn is a better coach than Hugh Freeze. And that was basically your claim. Sure, if you want to talk about who is the better human being or less likely to do something stupid, then it's not really a contest. On the field, Freeze is a better offensive mind and he's a better recruiter.

Woah, woah, woah, I hate Freeze as much as the next guy but @fasttimes is really out here saying Gus>Freeze? Can someone check him for dementia?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Majority correct. Now maybe all “should” move on and stop blaming him (Gus) for Harsin’s many short comings.

Hey look we are in agreement. 🤝

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Woah, woah, woah, I hate Freeze as much as the next guy but @fasttimes is really out here saying Gus>Freeze? Can someone check him for dementia?

I would check but he keeps forgetting to show up. 

• Haha 2

I CAN BLAME GUS FOR AS LONG AS I SO CHOOSE, 24, DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

/s

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, metafour said:

pick one a metric, it doesn't matter.

the format here has had me say gus is a better coach to make a point. truly the point i want to make is 1)i don't want freeze primarily because of his character and not necessarily due to his coaching prowess and 2) if i am looking at coaching prowess i do not see, AS A WHOLE, much if any differences between gus and freeze. i don't want gus back and i don't want freeze.

idk, there is a reason gus is where he is and freeze is where he is. i don't want either. you guys take that personally for some reason, not sure why.

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

I CAN BLAME GUS FOR AS LONG AS I SO CHOOSE, 24, DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

/s

True, you got me there.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

It depends on what he spent his time working on. He could have spent all of his time working on the wrong thing and still have good work ethic. His efforts, or lack of effort, in recruiting means he has bad worth ethic when it comes to that part of the job.

Reminds me of a supervisor's evaluation I read one time.... "Works hard, but not smart." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1