Jake Crain bringing the heat

RunInRed

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Maybe you should try midol 

It was something of an experiment to begin with, hiring the Boise State coach. It was Jay Gogue’s and Allen Greene’s experiment, and they are gone. It hasn’t worked. The results on the field started downhill the second half of last season and are still going downhill at increasing speed. He has taken a different approach to recruiting than any SEC program of which I am aware, and it hasn’t worked. He hired coordinators with SEC experience and then went back to his comfort zone after oneseason.

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

True, you got me there.

All in good fun, truthfully I still blame Gus for how bad the oline room got but I also blame Harsin for seemingly doing nothing to improve it in the time he was here.  Harsin and Gus are concurrent causes of the Oline room as such they are jointly liable for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

All in good fun, truthfully I still blame Gus for how bad the oline room got but I also blame Harsin for seemingly doing nothing to improve it in the time he was here.  Harsin and Gus are concurrent causes of the Oline room as such they are jointly liable for the foreseeable future.

Was listening to a podcast talking about how the o-line and D-line are essentially the same as last year, and they are both going downhill! They were saying if Bo doesn’t get hurt we probably would’ve won nine games last year. So the talent was there, (The podcast guys were saying) what on earth happened? The other guy on the podcast then said: we have two new coordinators and a new quarterback that’s what happened. They said the talent is there, the coaching is not. Don’t have to agree, but that’s probably the side I am on.

See, we are uniting already. 😂

23 hours ago, cbo said:

Right, it has been going downhill for a long time. But expecting a quick turnaround and expecting to see some semblance of organization and improvement are 2 different things. 

I truly believe the right coach can make improvements pretty quickly in today's world. I'm less optimistic we will hire the right guy, but it's obviously time to try.

Nailed it cbo!

I never expected a quick fix, but I do expect a gradual improvement and a staff that utilizes the tools at the HC's disposal with the transfer portal w/unrestricted inner conference transfers + the unregulated NIL environment. 

I never expected to stock the roster immediately and fill all needs, but I do expect to see a well prepared and knowledgeable squad on the field every week. 

I expect to see the coaching staff busting hell wide open on the recruiting trail in a relentless effort until they are able to gradually replenish a talent deficient roster.

I expect to see a competitive team that knows their assignments and plays with discipline and never gives up on the field. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

Not that hard...

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It was something of an experiment to begin with, hiring the Boise State coach. It was Jay Gogue’s and Allen Greene’s experiment, and they are gone. It hasn’t worked. The results on the field started downhill the second half of last season and are still going downhill at increasing speed. He has taken a different approach to recruiting than any SEC program of which I am aware, and it hasn’t worked. He hired coordinators with SEC experience and then went back to his comfort zone after oneseason.

:headscratch:

Gonna come to the toughest conference in the nation and bring a "different approach to recruiting" while you go up against the best recruiters in the country and expect it work?

All the testosterone and bravado a man can muster won't come close to being enough when you recruit prospects that "fit your standard" when your main rivals are evaluating, recruiting and successfully stacking up 5*'s across the board.  A "culture change" is fine, but that can't retard a drive to acquire top talent to stock your roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

:headscratch:

Gonna come to the toughest conference in the nation and bring a "different approach to recruiting" while you go up against the best recruiters in the country and expect it work?

All the testosterone and bravado a man can muster won't come close to being enough when you recruit prospects that "fit your standard" when your main rivals are evaluating, recruiting and successfully stacking up 5*'s across the board.  A "culture change" is fine, but that can't retard a drive to acquire top talent to stock your roster. 

think you got wooshed, I believe 24 is quoting someone else

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Appreciate it. No spiking the ball here. I was consistent going back to last year that I wanted to be wrong. Honestly, this was a trifecta of bad hires and we just have to move on. 

my wishes for the fan base are:

A) understand that the bot, the boosters, etc are not out to ruin football. They want to win. They didn’t set out to ruin the guy’s reputation this summer…it was from a genuine disturbance and documented grievance within the program. 

B)understand that the media is gonna say whatever they want. Last week it was how bad we were to let go of the AD. This summer it was how dare we don’t give this guy a chance. We can sit and debate who we can get and who’s available, (that’s gaslighting at its finest btw) but no Auburn person could see that on Saturday and think we are more hopeful going forward. Bruce Pearl is the epitome of what we want and deserve in our football program, and we should go after that—even if we fail— wholeheartedly. 

war Eagle always! 

And that’s exactly why I believe we should hire whoever we want. No point in caring what the media thinks. What do the RECRUITS think? What do the players think? Give me what is best for the program and spare me the pearl-clutching. Call everyone that “would never leave their current job for us” and give them a “strong-ass offer.” It’s time for us to decide where we want to be in the SEC rankings—with Vanderbilt and Missouri or Georgia and Alabama. And if someone won’t support us anymore because of who we hire then let them go. I don’t want fans like that anyway. Thanks for all your insight.  Point “A” was really nice to hear.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, metafour said:

On the field, Freeze is a better offensive mind and he's a better recruiter.

I think Mercedez, Diamond, and Giggles the best recruiters for Ole Miss.  😉

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

And that’s exactly why I believe we should hire whoever we want. No point in caring what the media thinks. What do the RECRUITS think? What do the players think? Give me what is best for the program and spare me the pearl-clutching. Call everyone that “would never leave their current job for us” and give them a “strong-ass offer.” It’s time for us to decide where we want to be in the SEC rankings—with Vanderbilt and Missouri or Georgia and Alabama. And if someone won’t support us anymore because of who we hire then let them go. I don’t want fans like that anyway. Thanks for all your insight.  Point “A” was really nice to hear.

🤝

• Love 1

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u think Mcglynn will be named permanent AD? 

Ugh…I think it makes some sense. It’s not exciting tho. It would give us some stability and open some checkbooks for NIL. 
Selfishly, I’d like a guy like Riggins. If I was betting, I’d guess that the new prez goes chalk and hires from within. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

they've got pills for that 

They make a pill that make women look better?

I know...I know...in today's climate yada yada. My apologies 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ugh…I think it makes some sense. It’s not exciting tho. It would give us some stability and open some checkbooks for NIL. 
Selfishly, I’d like a guy like Riggins. If I was betting, I’d guess that the new prez goes chalk and hires from within. 

Serious question… per WDEWDE Rich is our NIL and recruiting problem? Do you agree or if not what has been our NIL issue(s)!

21 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So what did you notice right after his hiring that was a red flag?

The problem I had was that Boise was no longer the national powerhouse they were under Petersen, meaning he lacked the national clout to make up for his lack of experience in the region.

Edited by AUwent

38 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Here we go.

18 hours ago, cbo said:

Exactly. And what really got me is they had all the time in between quarters to talk/think about it. Not like they were in a rush.

That's called pullin' a paycheck.  Totally tuned out of the game with heads up their arses or lookin' at the Mrs. on social media in her new game day outfit. 

Jake was laying into him today on The Drive too.

If Bryan Harsin loses on Saturday, you don’t let Bryan address the media

-Dan Peck😂

“You’re getting murdered in recruiting right now! It’s an absolute joke! The gap between Bama/UGA and Auburn gets wider by the DAY! Every day that Bryan Harsin stays at Auburn is a day that Auburn gets further away.”

-Jake Crane

Welcome to the real world fellas! I’m glad so many are finally seeing this for what it is! It gives me a ton of relief to know that we don’t have a bunch of fans who are going to put up with this crap! Texas and Oklahoma are coming. NIL is here and it’s not going anywhere. Super conferences are inevitable. Auburn has to act now, or we take our seat in the depths of college football, likely to stay. 

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

They make a pill that make women look better?

I know...I know...in today's climate yada yada. My apologies 

I mean... I usually just have a couple of drinks for that 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Of course. 

9 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Serious question… per WDEWDE Rich is our NIL and recruiting problem? Do you agree or if not what has been our NIL issue(s)!

Totally my opinion here but I would agree. The compliance office is our biggest hindrance to NIL. They just don’t seem to jive. I personally think that if compliance yields, then they may think that why would we need such a robust compliance dept. hope that makes sense. 

that’s totally my opinion from a birdseye view tho…I cannot speak with any authority about that in all honesty. 

• Like 1

I need to add that a couple of the names I’m hearing from within are good candidates that are not well known. In other words, I don’t think that a hire from within necessairy has to be synonymous with Jackson or McGlynn.

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Yes, it's in liquid form.  They call it beer.

Not enough beer in the world for some.

That goes both directions 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not enough beer in the world for some.

That goes both directions 

I've gotten close.  Not gonna lie.

• Haha 1