We are saving plays and playing vanilla

gr82b4au

Maybe this can finally be put to rest.

I used to hear this all the time with Gus teams. And I heard it a lot last week. 
When you come out against a very poor team and play terrible football that includes turnovers, penalties, not being able to move the ball, and not being able to stop the ball against a bad team…

we need to stop using this excuse. 

• Like 1

You'd think people would learn that lesson at some point.

99% of the time if your team looks bad or underwhelming to start the season against cupcake opponents; it's because they aren't very good. Not because you're hiding some top-secret gameplan. 

It was a really silly suggestion.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I work with a bunch of UGA fans.  At work this morning I told them we pulled back the playbook, played vanilla, and even sacrificed this game since it was non-conference to lull UGA into a false sense of security.   Even though I enjoy playing poker, I couldn't keep a straight face through that....

7 hours ago, metafour said:

You'd think people would learn that lesson at some point.

99% of the time if your team looks bad or underwhelming to start the season against cupcake opponents; it's because they aren't very good. Not because you're hiding some top-secret gameplan. 

It was a really silly suggestion.

This is true, but we all cling to that 1% of hope ever so tightly. I know I do. Truth hurts.