Game plan for Missouri

gr82b4au

Well I would imagine that Auburn will probably try to pound the ball over and over against Mizzou right? Something like 20+ runs for Tank and 15+ runs for Hunter? 
We will go back to basics- shorten the game, try and run the ball, and pray for a turnover. I don’t see us trying to pass much in this one unless it is needed of course. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I would imagine that Auburn will probably try to pound the ball over and over against Mizzou right? Something like 20+ runs for Tank and 15+ runs for Hunter? 
We will go back to basics- shorten the game, try and run the ball, and pray for a turnover. I don’t see us trying to pass much in this one unless it is needed of course. 

With this OL, I take no opposing DL for granted. That’s a risky assumption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

With this OL, I take no opposing DL for granted. That’s a risky assumption.

True but we really have no other option. We are not a passing team at all (QBs are sitting ducks and struggle with accuracy). The only option is to milk the clock, run the ball, and try to get first downs. Now I am SURE Mizz will stack the box (I would) but their defense is not playing well. 
Mizzou is actually worse than us which is why we are favored by 10 points. We just need to control the ball, control the clock, and not turn the ball over. 
Only question is who will be QB. My guess is RA9. 

I personally feel like we need to use this game to explore what we do have.  Whether its Ashford or its Calzada behind center.  Put together a balanced plan for this week and let those two guys loose to perform.  Ashford needs calls that allow him to use his feet but keeps us pushing the ball downfield.  If Calzada is healthy enough to play, then put him in and open things up.  

We need the defense to step up and show some fire.  There is no excuse for not going all out with effort and intensity.  

Also we need to stick with one QB. Switching them out, especially when one of them is playing well, is killing momentum and actually seems to do more harm than good. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUgrad97 said:

I personally feel like we need to use this game to explore what we do have. 

Well we have to be careful or we will get beat. Harsin CANNOT lose this game or he will not make it to the bye week. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Well we have to be careful or we will get beat. Harsin CANNOT lose this game or he will not make it to the bye week. 

I hope this does not come off the wrong way.  But if Harsin has any chance of staying he does not need to coach in fear.  He has had all spring, summer and fall to find out who can do what.  Here we are heading to game 4 and we still don't know.  He still doesn't know.  Sure he can play it safe this week and rotate TJ and Ashford and pull off a win 27-16.  What does that actually accomplish for heading into a game with LSU and we want even discuss UGA.  Time to take of the training wheels and do what he is paid millions to do and find the leaders, find the stars and motivate them to perform.  That doesn't happen if he is tip toeing around making a mistake or just trying to get a win against an opponent that is much less talented. 

Just start robby since the OL is terrible.  No fault of TJs.  Run tank no less than 25 times.

Press and blitz.   Its not hard.  Why do the coaches make it so complicated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUgrad97 said:

I hope this does not come off the wrong way.  But if Harsin has any chance of staying he does not need to coach in fear.  He has had all spring, summer and fall to find out who can do what.  Here we are heading to game 4 and we still don't know.  He still doesn't know.  Sure he can play it safe this week and rotate TJ and Ashford and pull off a win 27-16.  What does that actually accomplish for heading into a game with LSU and we want even discuss UGA.  Time to take of the training wheels and do what he is paid millions to do and find the leaders, find the stars and motivate them to perform.  That doesn't happen if he is tip toeing around making a mistake or just trying to get a win against an opponent that is much less talented. 

Agreed. But he had better adjust or he's toast. Lose this game and he's out. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

we have been praying for 2 years now it seems...

12 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

he failed to adjust at all last week when it was most obvious that was what was needed.  I predict only minute changes against Mizzou.  He (like a lot of coaches) just can't be made to get out of his comfort zone.  See: Auburn football 2013-2020

This staff needs to decide if they want to go quick game with TJ or read option with Robby. This is our only hope for the season. They need to get the ball to play makers like King and get Cam in at WR. Forget who is the most experienced and play guys that can BALL!

45 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He should be out now. He isn't an SEC coach or even a PAC 12 level coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Just start robby since the OL is terrible.  No fault of TJs.  Run tank no less than 25 times.

Kenny beat me to it. Agree with his post 100%. 

• Like 2

Lose this game and I wonder what Bigsby and Hall do?  Continue to play or get draft ready?

Edit - I don’t think we lose this one…but I also thought PSU would be close.

Edited by AUDevil

I think Mike G. of the War Rapport said it best. Put your ballers in and let them ball. Scrap the “well he is more prepared” mentality and put the guys out there who are just physically more talented. Take your RPO plays, scrap everything else, let it ride. Robby, Tank, Camden, King, Johnson and let it rip. Same on defense. If a guy has been here 2-3 years and isn’t getting it done? Give a young guy a shot. Dumb it down and let them physically whoop someone. You don’t have the O-line to be cute. Right now we are “outsmarting” ourselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I imagine it won't be too much different from what we've seen the past 3 games.  Auburn has what it has.  If either Calzada is still injured or Harsin isn't willing to give him a shot I'd imagine you'll see more of the TJ, Robby tandem.  

4 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Bingo. This team with this O line cannot be successful with TJ at QB. He is running for his life every play. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It needs to be "get the ball to Tank"

Rushes 

Bijan 51

Tank 36

• Like 1

Calzada seems to be a mystery situation. I wonder if him not playing at this point is more of a personality conflict rather than a play book issue??? Either way does Harsin give him some game time this week? I mean what does he have to loose?