Game plan for Missouri

gr82b4au

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I would imagine that Auburn will probably try to pound the ball over and over against Mizzou right? Something like 20+ runs for Tank and 15+ runs for Hunter? 
We will go back to basics- shorten the game, try and run the ball, and pray for a turnover. I don’t see us trying to pass much in this one unless it is needed of course. 

Step 1: hire freeze

step 2: run the ball until freeze can adopt his system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I would imagine that Auburn will probably try to pound the ball over and over against Mizzou right? Something like 20+ runs for Tank and 15+ runs for Hunter? 
We will go back to basics- shorten the game, try and run the ball, and pray for a turnover. I don’t see us trying to pass much in this one unless it is needed of course. 

We've made plenty of turnovers. So, why pray for more ... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Why do I think we'll continue to pass first and throw interceptions? Again. There has to be something in the water piped into the AU football complex. What is it with AU coaches insisting on shooting holes in the life raft????

• Like 1

In three games we have had little to none in adjustments during games.  I really don't see that changing.  If we didn't try and change things on Saturday when we had massive issues , I am not holding out any hope for this Saturday especially if we are  perceived to be the better team.    Hopefully , it does change and we try and put the ball in our playmaker's hands.   I don't understand how we are so incredibly basic with our play calling.  I would find our best ten plays based on the belief that I was always only going to have less than 3 seconds to execute and go from there.

Figure out how to block somebody on offensive line. Is it physical, scheme or effort? Go hard in film room with linebackers on playing gaps. And I don’t care who plays QB. Just don’t pull TJ when he’s got momentum. 

I think you have to keep trying to run it and then hope some play action passes start working to open the field. I'll admit i only watched the first half of the Penn State game as i had other plans that night...thank goodness. But from what i saw we had some success on the ground. And a lot of the time having the OL fire off the ball on a run play can help them stay aggressive and improve their performance. The only other way to work around a poor OL is the quick passing game. Personally i don't think we have the QB capable of doing that nor the WRs. So best bet is put the ball in the hands of your best players and for us that is the RBs. 

I'm not sure what the plan for the defense should be. We seem bad at all 3 levels which to me is quite shocking. I like the idea that if you are going to go down go down fighting so i'm on board with blitz like hell and go man to man. How this DL is getting so little push is beyond me. Doesn't even look like they are trying to get to the QB on most passing plays. 

Game Plan?

An OL that couldn't block a 13 YO girl in a wheelchair, WRs who think 50/50 ball means just watch it and see what happens, a defense that would not know a turnover if an opponent handed them the ball, LBs who have no clue which direction to "fly around" and what to do if they see a runner, DL who are unsure who to look at on the rare occasions when they get into the backfield, TEs who think the more penalties they get, the better they are ......

Game plan? Harsin -- "Great week of practice, guys. Go out there and have fun."