Lane Kiffin

AUBURNJAC

59 minutes ago, nurbis said:

The question is, is Kiffin worth $9 to $10 million a year type money to steal him away? He has not won the west, has not made the playoffs and has not beaten bama. His best coaching season was last year and he lost to us.

He doesn’t eat rat poison, loves popcorn and can make a kick azz snarky tweet.

Back up that Brinks truck!

Edited by Viper

8 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Well, the last coach we poached from the Black Bears/Land Sharks/Admiral Ackbars worked out okay so why not?

So you're saying Lane will be elected AL Senator in 2044?

• Haha 1

Kiffin's "past" is weak, compared to someone like Freeze.

Did Kiffin have something to do with a coed? Perhaps. But if so, Ole Miss swept it under the rug.

I really do not care.

Kiffin would be a major upgrade.

• Like 1

Kiffin is cheaper than some (it will not take $10M).

Kiffin could win championships at AU, but not at OM.

We could structure a contract in a way to benefit high performance, but not poor performance. Kiffin is smart enough to consider that.

Sidebar:

AU: "We will pay your $10M for a good season, but just $5M for a bad season."

Kiffin: "I want more!"

AUS: "We will pay you $12 million for a good season, but $3 million for a bad season."

Kiffin: "Let's talk about the previous offer."

My point is Kiffin is not an idiot, and a well structured comp plan would be appealing to him.

Maybe that is an increase each year in part based on how many wins he gets. A 6 win season gets on increase. a 7 win season gets $250K. And 8 win season gets $500K, etc.

We could make this happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lane would be good hire. He will run his mouth a little bit that’s a good thing it’ll bring attention to the program. He would be good at talking smack about Saban. He is kind of the best answer to Saban. Not that he’s on that level but I think he could get the program back to a competitive level. His offense would compete every year.

• Like 4

I’d personally pack Kiffin up and ride him to Auburn on a scooter, Dumb and Dumber style, for what it’s worth. But he’s like our version of Gruden. It ain’t happening. I could see him raking up a massive contract with Ole Miss though, by using us.

Kiffin at AU would be intriguing, especially his antics towards Saban. He is a smart marketer and the dynamics he would bring to the Iron Bowl might be interesting, to say the least. 

9 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Lane would be good hire. He will run his mouth a little bit that’s a good thing it’ll bring attention to the program. He would be good at talking smack about Saban. He is kind of the best answer to Saban. Not that he’s on that level but I think he could get the program back to a competitive level. His offense would compete every year.

He would also bring our damn Orange Jerseys back. 

• Haha 1

If you're Auburn and you get this one wrong it's going to make the 2020's tough. NEON Deion has grown on me a lot after seeing how he handled his recruiting, players, fans, and talent. Very few people can walk in a room with Saban and Kriby and be the focus of attention. Sanders is one of those few. 

Dave Aranda isn't one of those few, but that dude can coach.

My immediate recruiting impact is Deion Sanders. Aranda has proven he can coach. I'm not sure LK is an option, but it wouldn't be horrible. Freeze can coach I'd be fine with that. 

Just PLEASE don't give us a Muschamp, Steele, or Skip Holtz!! 🤣🤣😂😂😅😅🥲🥲😢😢😭😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

I’m not sure his “don’t give a sheet” attitude would fly at Auburn like it does at ole piss. 

Edited by GreenTiger

5 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I mean, I think he would take the job for the sole reason he could troll Saban even harder

Can you just imagine a day after we win an Iron Bowl with him? 🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

Kiffin could win championships at AU, but not at OM.

The 12 team playoff says different. Kiffin would have been there last year, proving they can be there when it goes into effect in a couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I’m not sure the same his “don’t give a sheet” attitude would fly at Auburn like it does at ole piss. 

Rarely does anything fly at Auburn like it does somewhere else. That’s part of the problem. 

9 hours ago, AUBURNJAC said:

Ok... Here it goes

Please hear me out and then give me thoughts, good and bad.   

Lane Kiffin is the coach I would like to see at Auburn.  I know he has a "complicated" past, but it seems to me that this super talented coach has finally matured into a serious SEC coach.  Yes, there were plenty of issues with him with his sudden departure from Tennessee to his tumultuous tenure at USC.    However, most of his "shenanigans" are nearly 10 years old.  He did a great job at Florida Atlantic and has quickly turned Ole Miss into a top tier SEC team.   He also has NFL experience, and that is important to recruits. Speaking of, he is a beast at recruiting and that will be super important to Auburn as long as Nick and Kirby are on their respective thrones. 

I think Kiffin would fit right in with Auburn as well.  He would bring an energy that would fit right in and likely play off of Bruce Pearls in my opinion.  He would bring a lot of enthusiasm to our fan base, and you know the students would absolutely love him just the way they do Pearl! Ole Miss is paying him a pretty penny,  but in my opinion Auburn has proven that it is a place where championships can be won, while Ole Miss has not.  I think if Lane had the entire state of Georgia in his back yard to competitively recruit in, he could do plenty with that. More than he can do with North Mississippi and West Tennessee anyway.  

So, what are some others thoughts on this?  I personally like him a lot more than Freeze or Stoops.  I think it is imperative that we get someone with solid HC experience from a power 5 program. Equally important though (imho) is  for Auburn to hire a kick ass recruiter who knows the SEC, has youth on his side, and  an energy to excite not only his players, but a very depressed fan base.  He would be very pricey,  but I think this hire would pay big dividends for Auburn! 

#LaneforAU

Not Happening