Time for Us To Make A Real Difference

CoffeeTiger

Ok, Arizona state just fired their coach and for some reason (honestly I'm not sure exactly why), Bryan Harsin is being floated around on multiple peoples short list of candidates ASU is expected to look at. https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/09/report-auburns-bryan-harsin-a-name-to-watch-for-arizona-state-job.html

This is where us fans can come into to play. 

https://thesundevils.com/staff-directory

I've attached a link to where you can get the email address for the AD decision makers at Arizona State. If enough of us pretend to be Arizona State fans and email ASU either demanding or talking up a possible Harsin Hire...who knows...magic might happen, just like in the Disney movies. 

A Few tips:

1: Don't make it obvious you are an Auburn fan...You're gonna blow this entire plan if people start emailing them from addresses like  AUTigerFan@Yahoo.com . make a new email in you have to. Make it sundevil themed. (Dont ask me what a sundevil is..I don't know)  

2. Insinuate that a Bryan Harsin hire would encourage you to spend more money on ASU athletics. Say you would immediately buy season tickets just to see Harsins stoic personality and ripped physic on the ASU sideline 

3. Tell them Bryan got a raw deal at Auburn and that ASU would be the perfect culture fit for the man and his Boise Boy crew of football coaches.

Any questions? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ok, Arizona state just fired their coach and for some reason (honestly I'm not sure exactly why), Bryan Harsin is being floated around on multiple peoples short list of candidates ASU is expected to look at. 

I kind of wondered about this myself. My thinking, they believe we would let him out of whatever his contract buyout is. They can probably get him cheaper than most other coaches. They have NCAA sanctions looming so he is a perfect fit to be willing to walk into a bad situation and stick with it because he needs an escape from here and will probably not have a ton of options. And outside perception is probably that he is getting screwed by the PTB here and most of this is not his fault. 

• Like 1

Harsin is not going to leave Auburn on his own. He would have to pay us $5 million to break his contract. If Auburn fires him now or at the end of the season Harsin will receive 4 years worth of salary worth about $20 million with 70%  due in 30 days & the rest in 4 annual payments. Don't think Arizona State would be willing to pay the $5 million up front to get him to break his Auburn contract, just wish they would!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rga68 said:

Harsin is not going to leave Auburn on his own. He would have to pay us $5 million to break his contract. If Auburn fires him now or at the end of the season Harsin will receive 4 years worth of salary worth about $20 million with 70%  due in 30 days & the rest in 4 annual payments. Don't think Arizona State would be willing to pay the $5 million up front to get him to break his Auburn contract, just wish they would!

You don't believe AU would release Harsin from his contract/buyout if he agreed to leave? 

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You don't believe AU would release Harsin from his contract/buyout if he agreed to leave? 

He is not going to agree just to leave is the point. He didn’t do it last year when his back was  against the wall. Why would he just give away money ?

He'd leave for equal money for sure. This is a bad situation, partly of his making, but the offseason stuff put him in a no win situation.  I'm sure Auburn would waive the payment. This would be the easy way out for all, but nothing can convince me ASU is that crazy.

• WarTiger changed the title to Time for Us To Make A Real Difference