Poll, When will Bryan Harsin be removed  

165 members have voted

1. 1. When will Bryan Harsin be removed

• Before the bye week
    • During the Bye week
    • After the Bye week
    • End of the season
    • A miracle occurs and he keeps his job

Thought we would take some guesses on the topic of when it may happen...I think it all depends on how the next few games go and I don't think they are going to go well.

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

He needs to go before the stars could align and he maybe lucks up and beats Alabama to save his job.

Honestly, that's my fear.  That he could get lucky with one huge win and save his job.  Only to repeat this debacle of a season again next year.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

He needs to go before the stars could align and he maybe lucks up and beats Alabama to save his job.

Honestly, that's my fear.  That he could get lucky with one huge win and save his job.  Only to repeat this debacle of a season again next year.

What would make you think Auburn would let a few huge football wins cloud their decision making?

• Haha 2

doesn't matter much UNTIL someone with passion, vision, skill, and influence takes the reins at AD - necessary to conduct an expeditious plan to upgrade. Fire this HC and wouldn't you essentially have 2 more checking out (more than currently)? There's at least some administrative load that would be difficult to pick up instantly while remaining staff shift responsibilities. Main concern is having a well-choreographed plan before setting everything in motion. Not that AU has ever pulled the trigger without a plan before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Yeah thats my concern is they win some high profile games, not sure how that happens based on what I saw last weekend but you never know. For me its about recruiting and that does not look any better vs last year so even with a few wins I do not see how he keeps his job. I think the lack of an AD really hampers things but as bad as Mizzou is ( and I live in MO and pull for them when not playing AU) I do not think this is a walk in the park based on what I saw the last couple of weeks, if they loose to Mizzou then I think it will get ugly, the next 4 games may be really brutal to watch, on all side of the ball and coaching appear to be really bad not sure how it gets better.

I find it interesting that there are some votes that he keeps his job, I guess we will see but they would really have to start playing much better football than what I saw last couple of weeks, not sure if those votes are really sincere but I guess we will see what transpires this week, currently trying to figure out how I can watch the game.

Just now, bishoptf said:

I find it interesting that there are some votes that he keeps his job, I guess we will see but they would really have to start playing much better football than what I saw last couple of weeks, not sure if those votes are really sincere but I guess we will see what transpires this week, currently trying to figure out how I can watch the game.

I just thought that option needed a little love.

• Like 1

I’m going end of the season but at this point wouldn’t be shocked at an earlier time depending on outcomes and how we look, even in losses. As has been noted, we generally will axe a cat after the Bammer game but we’ll see. 

Tubs, Chiz and Gus were all upstanding members of the Auburn family and they all served Auburn well, for the most part, until it was their time. The relationship with Harsin is completely different and the people in charge behind the scenes can’t stand his a**. I totally see him getting the boot after Georgia crushes us. “Find your own ride home”

• Like 5

Makes me physically sick but probably the end of a torturous season. Hope I’m wrong. Hope it’s tomorrow. Or maybe tonight while I sleep. One can hope. 

So far end of the season is trending the #1 spot. Here is my question, I know they powers that be would like to wait till we have an AD in place but if we wait till the end of the season do we run the risk of losing out of some potential candidates since Arizona has already let their coach go and I assume there will be more. Does letting someone go earlier or later help or hurt in regards to coaching candidates availability and what is the impact to recruiting? I know some of the potential candidates are currently coaching but I think I would want to already have someone lined up so that we can move quickly by the end of the season vs starting at the end of the season.  

12 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Thought we would take some guesses on the topic of when it may happen...I think it all depends on how the next few games go and I don't think they are going to go well.

I mean, surely he beats Missouri? Missouri is not a good football team. They’re not gonna get rid of him after a win, are they? So that at least gives him until after the beating we take at home to LSU.

6 hours ago, bishoptf said:

do we run the risk of losing out of some potential candidates since Arizona has already let their coach go and I assume there will be more

How? The coaches who matter on our list are busy coaching other teams until the end of their season. Firings can happen now, but the hirings won’t happen until after the regular season. 

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

When we get a new AD ask the question again.

We have our AD, IMO. Plus, AD ain't calling this shot... Greene was the last one who did that and we see where that got him 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Plus, AD ain't calling this shot... Greene was the last one who did that and we see where that got him 

Strongly disagree. This will be as by the book as it goes at Auburn

I will keep saying it. We have bigger issues than Harsin in the football program. Maybe parting ways with Greene is the beginning of Roberts getting our house in order. That’s a big maybe. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Strongly disagree. This will be as by the book as it goes at Auburn

So, let me understand what your saying... The AD and President will make this hire, just like last time? Is that what you're saying?

I can understand not just jumping the gun on it without an AD, but with the state of our recruiting, really the quicker we make a move on this the better. I think at this point everyone who is paying any attention sees Harsin as a lame duck, so ongoing recruiting efforts by him and his staff are likely mostly shot. If we wait, what coaching pool there is shrinks and we lose valuable time for a new staff making contacts and getting in on remaining recruits. From what I saw Saturday, I don't see any chance at all of "big wins". We might surprise one of the Mississippi teams at best, but I wouldn't put any good odds of even that happening. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We have our AD, IMO. Plus, AD ain't calling this shot... Greene was the last one who did that and we see where that got him 

I hope not, but we will find out soon enough.  AD’s never call the shots when hiring coaches, they do the ground work and the President/BOT makes the decisions.  Do you believe Greene did a good job with recommending Harsin given everything we know?