165 members have voted

1. 1. When will Bryan Harsin be removed

• Before the bye week
    • During the Bye week
    • After the Bye week
    • End of the season
    • A miracle occurs and he keeps his job

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hope not, but we will find out soon enough.  AD’s never call the shots when hiring coaches, they do the ground work and the President/BOT makes the decisions.  Do you believe Greene did a good job with recommending Harsin given everything we know? 

Well, I will say this. Harsin could be a good coach in the right setting. Not a good fit for us IMO

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well, I will say this. Harsin could be a good coach in the right setting. Not a good fit for us IMO

Neither Harsin nor Greene read the room correctly.  Harsin was too stubborn to understand and it was out of Greene’s hands by the time Greene was let go.  I agree Harsin could be a good coach.  

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I mean, surely he beats Missouri? Missouri is not a good football team. They’re not gonna get rid of him after a win, are they? So that at least gives him until after the beating we take at home to LSU.

Not so sure Missouri's not the better team......They are most certainly the better coached.

• Like 1

If he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and win 7 games I think he gets one more year. Worst case scenario he wins three. But even with my orange and blue glasses I honestly can't see more than five W's.  If CBH is fired, it will likely be after losing a game that we should win (favored) or maybe blowing it in the final minutes.  No one expects us to even be competitive in UGA and UA games so if that's the criteria might as well do it now. I'm still hopeful somehow, someway, Coach and this team find a way to pull off 7 wins.

Looks like the consensus so far is end of the season and thats probably a safe guess, I'm just not sure how the next few games go and I think that may influence. But we have guesses on paper and now we can see how it plays out...

I thought there was a chance he could survive even another 6-7 kind of season as long as we looked respectable in most of the games. I figured the investigation coming up empty and not wanting to pay the buyout would get him to year 3. But this looks like its about to be a train wreck of epic proportions after that Penn State beat down. If he can pull out this win against Mizzou maybe he makes it to the end of the season. I hope he does not make it to the end. With early signing day these things need to be sped up. Unfortunately AU seems to be about 3 years behind when it comes to realizing we gotta change with the times. So i voted that he gets fired during the bye week cause i'm not expecting us to beat Mizzou. 

I also don't think we need an AD to fire Harsin but we DO need one to hire a new coach. So would love if AU could get the perm AD in ASAP

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

I thought there was a chance he could survive even another 6-7 kind of season as long as we looked respectable in most of the games. I figured the investigation coming up empty and not wanting to pay the buyout would get him to year 3. But this looks like its about to be a train wreck of epic proportions after that Penn State beat down. If he can pull out this win against Mizzou maybe he makes it to the end of the season. I hope he does not make it to the end. With early signing day these things need to be sped up. Unfortunately AU seems to be about 3 years behind when it comes to realizing we gotta change with the times. So i voted that he gets fired during the bye week cause i'm not expecting us to beat Mizzou. 

I also don't think we need an AD to fire Harsin but we DO need one to hire a new coach. So would love if AU could get the perm AD in ASAP

If they are going to fire (big if in my opinion), they need to do it soon enough that new coach can be reported b4 ESD. That probably means it would be OC/DC or someone not with a team now. If go through the old “ end of year assessment” we kill our recruiting cycle for 2023. I’m still not convinced they let him go but greatly depends on rest of year results.

49 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Herm Edwards was fired on the field, right?  I'd one up that and deliver his pink slip via the eagle flight on Saturday.

Thats funny (mean as heck but funny).

• Like 1

So we are down another QB, I know most think we should be Mizzou but I'm thinking this game is going to be a lot closer than folks think and if we lose this one I think it's going to get ugly quickly...last time I looked the spread was only 7 points so even vegas thinks its going to be close. My thoughts if we lose this game then each loss thereafter and the noise is going to get a lot louder.

Edited by bishoptf

18 hours ago, aucat said:

This mess  stems from  an AD w/ no AU blood.   We need a real AD with WDE blood before AU can make a CBP-type of coach hire for this great team

What we need is a qualified candidate, doesn't have to be AU blood.🙄

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

What we need is a qualified candidate doesn't have to be AU blood.🙄

Yeah what the hell is that guy talking about. That’s that weird cult stuff again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah what the hell is that guy talking about. That’s that weird cult stuff again. 

Who knows? There's been a few today thats been weird. Did you let people escape? 🤣

Every day he is there he hurts our program. I want him gone tomorrow. We do not need an AD! Hopefully he is in talks with Az St, but i can ‘t imagine him bring considered by a large University. Fire that jerk! What a disappointment he has been!

18 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Who knows? There's been a few today thats been weird. Did you let people escape? 🤣

Haha clearly they got away 

• Haha 1

If he can beat UGA, he can stay another season imo. That would honestly be the most redeeming regular season win Auburn has had in my lifetime. Wouldn’t mean anything as we’re not going to the SEC CG, but to beat UGA at the literal height of its status as a program in Athens 

It isn’t going to happen but in that scenario? I’m fine with having him back! 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If he can beat UGA, he can stay another season imo. That would honestly be the most redeeming regular season win Auburn has had in my lifetime. Wouldn’t mean anything as we’re not going to the SEC CG, but to beat UGA at the literal height of its status as a program in Athens 

It isn’t going to happen but in that scenario? I’m fine with having him back! 

Yeah from what I saw of the Penn State game I do not think that is going to be an option at all, im not even sure we can beat Mizzou, I guess we will see how it goes...fight of the bottom dwellers...

On 9/21/2022 at 5:44 AM, AU-24 said:

I mean, surely he beats Missouri? Missouri is not a good football team. They’re not gonna get rid of him after a win, are they? So that at least gives him until after the beating we take at home to LSU.

Well, we did send Gus away with his retirement pay the very weekend after he won his last game (even though we were 6-4)

Edited by au701948
  • Like 1