165 members have voted

1. 1. When will Bryan Harsin be removed

• Before the bye week
    • During the Bye week
    • After the Bye week
    • End of the season
    • A miracle occurs and he keeps his job

On 9/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, LeonardAU said:

Herm Edwards was fired on the field, right?  I'd one up that and deliver his pink slip via the eagle flight on Saturday.

Do it!!!

I keep hoping to see the news of a coaching change come across the ESPN ticker or for it show up on this forum when I “refresh”.  Maybe when I wake up in the morning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, au701948 said:

Well, we did send Gus away with his retirement pay the very weekend after he won his last game (even though we were 6-4)

As bad as things have been from last season to this season, I really did not know how bad this team was/is until I watched them today. I feel bad for the players, it’s just sad to see.

• Like 1

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today...Benjamin Franklin 

That seems like good advice at this time. 

Edited by gr82be
Spell check
  • Like 2

Don't know who the next coach should be, but I'm skeptical that the administration and PTB will get it right.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:11 PM, milehighfan said:

If Harsin is removed before the season ends who will get the nod as interim HC.? Inquiring minds like mine want to know.

Chizik, at least he know how to recrut

Well looks like before the bye week is on it's way out, I was one of the ones that voted for sooner than later but looks like we will make it to the bye week with CBH still the ole ball coach...I'd still would have preferred him being let go already but I guess we will see if it happens during the bye week or not. I could see how that would be better and give whoever is filling in some time to take the reigns....

Before the bye week is out of the picture, Bye week is Up next. 32% picked that Harsin will be let go during the bye week...If you haven't voted yet now is the time, a majority of members think that he is going to make it to the end of the year, I was hoping they would let him go before the bye week and really hoping we do not have to watch him the rest of the year but I guess we see..

Vote now...:)

27 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Before the bye week is out of the picture, Bye week is Up next. 32% picked that Harsin will be let go during the bye week...If you haven't voted yet now is the time, a majority of members think that he is going to make it to the end of the year, I was hoping they would let him go before the bye week and really hoping we do not have to watch him the rest of the year but I guess we see..

Vote now...:)

This morning I was watching SEC Nation which is SEC Network's version of College Gameday. During the show, host Laura Rutledge said that Pete Thamel told them that his sources have said Harsin's job is safe. 

I know Pete Thamel isn't very well liked by Auburn fans, me included. Thamel did go to work for ESPN either before this football season or last season. He is ESPN's "go to guy" for College Football news just like Adam Shefter is for NFL Football news and Adrian Wojanowski is for NBA news. Maybe Thamel means Harsin's job is safe for the remainder of the season because I can't see any freaking way he is kept for 2023. 

The fact that he’s still here the day after the Ole Miss game, as we head into the bye week, mostly confirms he’ll get the entire season. That’s a mostly reasonable decision. What does he need to keep his job one more season? 6-6? 7-5? I don’t see any chance of getting more than 5-7. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I know that there  reasons for wanting until after season. I just wish someone would share them

I think honestly that the biggest hold up is the lack of AD in place... if we do move on now without an AD in place we cannot actually pursue another coach until that position has been filled.  However him staying is going to be a continued detriment to the program so it is really a catch 22

1 hour ago, Taker said:

I think honestly that the biggest hold up is the lack of AD in place... if we do move on now without an AD in place we cannot actually pursue another coach until that position has been filled.  However him staying is going to be a continued detriment to the program so it is really a catch 22

Supposedly they are already having back channel convos with reps of coaches

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Supposedly they are already having back channel convos with reps of coaches

That would be great if they were not sitting on their laurels.... if they are pursuing someone whom is worth pursuing lol

• 2 weeks later...

And it was option 3 after the by week that was ultimately the winner....with the least amount of votes but that is why you play the game...and the winners are

@AUFightingSoldiers @MustardSeed @clwn @abw0004 @hutchids @Mike4AU @SMITTY4AU @3rdgeneration @meh130 @WarEagleTW2 and @DKW 86

Now Johnny tell them what they have won...In this case I think we are all winners...:)

winner.gif

Edited by bishoptf
  • Haha 1