Predictions for the Missouri game

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Mizzou is not Penn State.

What? I didn't say they were 😒 somebody posted that no team has there first visit to Jordan-Hare and wins. 🤣 But you do you. 

Edited by autiger88

8 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Crazy how that sounds exactly like the last coach. 

I'm telling you. There must be some football succubus in the football complex. It got Gus and it got Harsin, too. Not long after moving in, they start sounding alike and doing the same, irrational things. They say one thing in general audiences, but the product on the field just starts freewheeling.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

These answers are so different than that penn state prediction thread. Not even halfway through the season and Harsin and his Boise boys destroyed all hope in Auburn football smh

Yes it stinks. Actually I predicted us to lose by two touchdowns last week. If you truly look at the teams you can tell that we were just not nearly as good as they were. That San Jose game was very telling. But I would be floored if we lost to Missouri, especially by double digits. Missouri is awful. 
But I do think this will be our only win other than maybe Western Kentucky. Mississippi State may be close if their coach goes stupid for a game. 
We lose this one and the team will quit. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, autiger88 said:

What? I didn't say they were 😒 somebody posted that no team has there first visit to Jordan-Hare and wins. 🤣 But you do you. 

That was a joke based on the PSU game.

I believe we respond resoundly and win this game with RA at the helm. I also predict a 180 of confidence in the staff by some when this occurs unfortunately.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Its pretty hard to sit here and predict a win regardless of how bad the opponent is. Now with TJ out and players calling each other out this is feeling a lot like 2012 meltdown in the making. Defense is bad and offense is worse and now we will be playing the guys who could not beat out TJ. But i think our guys rally at home for the last win we'll see for a long time. AU goes to a full ground and pound attack with Ashford at QB. Its not pretty but it gets the job done against a Mizzou team that struggles stopping the run. 

AU - 27

Mizzou - 24

AU defense finally gets that first turnover. And they get 2 setting up offensive scores. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Ha! That made me laugh out loud. Dang auto correct. Corrected. 

I couldn’t resist.  I had to spell Glutton several times before I got it correct.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AURex said:

I predict --

If Auburn loses, Harsin will be fired, because it means a disgraceful 3-9 season. The team probably understands this. So, how they play will tell us how much they want to keep Harsin.

Is this assuming we beat WKU? I mean, we could, but I'm not sure I'd chalk it up as a sure win. Especially if we've lost every game leading up to it...

We should just out muscle and out talent Mizzou like we did San Jose, even if we're not playing great football. 

Expect more of the same that we've seen. Defense will probably hold pretty good, and the offense will struggle to move the ball and score. 

I can see a 7-10 point AU victory. 

I don't see a win this Saturday and I hope I'm wrong. I don't think it boils down to who is playing QB either because I don't think it would matter. Getting blown out at home against an average PSU team just doesn't seem confidence boosting. We have forced zero turnovers so far and have given it away eight times. You can't win many games giving the opponent one or two extra possessions like that, especially when the talent level is similar or in most cases better from here on out. 

I think it is highly dependent. With TJ (allegedly) being out do we “dumb down” the offense, go mostly RPO, and feed Tank?  Do we put in the younger guys with a dumbed down offense? King, Brown mostly? If so I think our offense can find success. If not it’s going to be a long day. Do we let Hall and Leota pin their ears back and just go get it? If so I think that will cover holes in the D enough. 

If we don’t make changes and play within the personnel we have? 17-20 and I don’t know who wins it.

If we adjust and play within ourselves and let our ballers just ball? 31-17 the good guys.