TJ throws line under the bus

AUght2win

I mean, what he retweeted is a statistical fact. He didn’t make it up or anything- you just, as said above, have to read the room. That lapse of judgement has made it worse for him than he had it before. Very counterproductive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

the other biggie is we do not scheme well against other teams. these are writers saying this and they may not know anything about football. does anyone agree with us not scheming well against other teams?

I don't claim to be an expert. Now, watching the PSU game, my thought was that the two head coaches did about the same things. It was PSU's coordinators who handed our coordinators their heads in a basket. Their schemes worked and ours didn't. Their adjustments worked. If we made any adjustments they weren't noticeable. So, in this case I think the writers are correct.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoAU said:

The OL is defiantly issue, anyone who watches football can see that. However, as a leader of the team, TJ should know better than to do that.  Just another example of how bad things are right now.  

A  QB can’t lose the respect of his team, and TJ seems to be doing just that.   

Sometimes the leader has to call out the followers in public, when the private discussions don't work. I'm on TJ's side in this one. He showed fire and toughness in that game. Now lets see if there's a leader on the OL who will respond to this by upping their performance. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Sometimes the leader has to call out the followers in public, when the private discussions don't work. I'm on TJ's side in this one. He showed fire and toughness in that game. Now lets see if there's a leader on the OL who will respond to this by upping their performance. 

Should be done in person not on twitter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have see two articles today with writers blaming our "o" line just today. one writer claim that is one reason why bo left. i imagine tj is frustrated like the rest of the team. the other biggie is we do not scheme well against other teams. these are writers saying this and they may not know anything about football. does anyone agree with us not scheming well against other teams? bird? any of you guys that know football? those two points right there tell me our qb's are probably playing with one arm tied behind their back. it would appear that is the case which is why i am asking you guys.if we scheme bad does this mean we are easier to beat? if our qb's are running for their life it makes us easier to beat. heck our latest "O" recruit said he is coming because he saw a huge need for playing time.

Well, a scheme means nothing when you can't block anyone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I've said to a lot of people who want to blame the QBs that they had basically no chance because we just can't block anybody. So he's theoretically right.

But he is so relationally wrong. YOU JUST CAN'T DO THIS. Makes me worry about the locker room, especially because it was evident Saturday that the defense gave up hope at 21-6. I would never say they quit trying. But there's often a moment when demoralization kicks in no matter how hard you're trying. I thought I saw that. With defense, it looks like sticking onto blocks, "hoping" to make tackles, and whatever DBs do that I don't understand.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Should be done in person not on twitter.

I don't entirely disagree, but now how the OL responds will show us what their true character is. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I don't entirely disagree, but now how the OL responds will show us what their true character is. 

It shouldn't matter but I'm going to assume most of these guys are just playing for pride, right now.  Do any of them need to worry about impressing scouts?.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I agree with @Hank2020because this can easily turn into a back and forth because TJ hasnt played perfect himself in games. I don’t recall a qb calling out the line or what appears to be a callout. As we see they can make or break a qb

Edited by e808

My only gripes with TJ is his inability to sense and even see pressure when its right in his face. Sometimes you just have to secure the ball and take the sack or tuck it and run straight ahead for whatever you can get. Also when running he has the balance of an upside down triangle if running any direction besides straight ahead. Its like he went to the QB sliding school of Sean White when he tries to do that.... Looks awkward as hell.

All that said if the Oline blocked worth a crap his weaknesses wouldn't be so glaring.

Hmmm that is a quick way for a line to Intentionally not block for you. Although at times it does not look that way. Not what you should do. Stay off twitter, focus on the game. This is kind of what I alluded to earlier this season on how the players , coaches and fans would respond to adversity . We all seemingly have failed.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We've had issues with players in leadership positions on the team not taking personal accountability for a couple years now... or shifting it to an entire unit

-TJ today.

-Nix gets on radio Monday after Ga. State last year and says he didn't think he played that bad.

-Shenker has made some head-scratching comments the past couple weeks.

-Trox gets up there and preaches about fundamentals after he was the one mostly getting destroyed all day.... while looking like he wasn't trying.

Not calling for anyone to have a Tebow moment, as great as it'd be, but damn, I just wish an AU player would get up on the podium and say "I played like garbage today. I am a better player than that, and I promise you this won't happen again"

• Like 4

I know how the OL will respond. They'll keep doing their best. Even if they get demoralized and it affects their performance, they'll still try as hard as they can. They're just not that good, which should be no surprise.

The problem isn't just that PSU got pressure on the QBs. It's that they got pressure QUICK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's definitely an inflammatory, click-bait title.

It's true, but it's all about how we frame or allow others to frame narratives. 

I’d love to hear literally any other interpretation of this “narrative”. Maybe TJ’s just a stat buff. Or maybe it was actually praise - as there are three worse performances listed. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

" Poster throws TJ under the bus". lol man we are all frustrated but ask yourself if tj can win with a better line and better scheming? what if tj realizes the line will not get better? the kid probably has a lot of dreams and he is watching them and fade away. i give him a pass because he has worked his butt off. and i think he is calling the line out to play better. i hope it works but he could lose the team.

Yeah but you don’t call them out on twitter. Call them out behind closed doors.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yessir i understand that. what do you do if you have and it is not working? i think tj knows this and i think there might be some folks very unhappy in the locker room and he had a moment.

You leave it be. Nothing else you can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

I don’t believe this is true. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I’d love to hear literally any other interpretation of this “narrative”. Maybe TJ’s just a stat buff. Or maybe it was actually praise - as there are three worse performances listed. 

Don't take it personally. It wasn't directed solely to you.  It's a statement of fact. Our opinions and influence on others can be dramatically changed based on how narratives are presented or outlined. 

Polls are notorious for doing such things. So are titles to articles or topics. 

Your title, while it may have been innocuous and unintentional, framed the discussion in a negative light. And while it was a negative action, it didn't have to be presented as a negative characteristics of TJ.

Something like, TJ speaks out about QB pressures , TJ sounds the alarm, OL let's down TJ(this frames it polar to yours).  All tell whats happening without being hypercritical or hypocritical. 

Again, wasn't trying to be mean or personal. Just saying we all need to be careful how we frame things. And not to get caught up in the way an argument is presented or framed.

I hope this is received in the manner it was intended.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

The first part is spot on. There is absolute power when public humiliation is an option

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I mean, they got him injured. They’re a threat to his health at this point. Lol. 

This is twice (last year and this year) for him. Also they took out Bo last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This is twice (last year and this year) for him. Also they took out Bo last year. 

And yet they keep trotting out there...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I've said to a lot of people who want to blame the QBs that they had basically no chance because we just can't block anybody. So he's theoretically right.

But he is so relationally wrong. YOU JUST CAN'T DO THIS. Makes me worry about the locker room, especially because it was evident Saturday that the defense gave up hope at 21-6. I would never say they quit trying. But there's often a moment when demoralization kicks in no matter how hard you're trying. I thought I saw that. With defense, it looks like sticking onto blocks, "hoping" to make tackles, and whatever DBs do that I don't understand.

This.   You get your Aunt or cousin to post something, but you never do that.   These are people you have to go to war with.   You want to see some bad blocking, then keep mouthing off about them and they will show you some bad blocking.

• Like 2