TJ throws line under the bus

AUght2win

Side note: Is there enough film on TJ over the last 2 years (and time at Lsu) to say if he is good or bad? 
I mean I watch him in Penn State and I think poor guy because the line is so terrible. He did not stand a chance. But then I watch him in San Jose and Mercer and think that he has not improved all that much from last year when it comes to seeing the defense. 
I guess what I am asking is, if he had a very good line, would he be a good quarterback? I guess we will never know. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Hmmm that is a quick way for a line to Intentionally not block for you. Although at times it does not look that way. Not what you should do. Stay off twitter, focus on the game. This is kind of what I alluded to earlier this season on how the players , coaches and fans would respond to adversity . We all seemingly have failed.

So basically TJ won’t notice a difference on game day 😏

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

You want to see some bad blocking, then keep mouthing off about them and they will show you some bad blocking.

You are so very right. Played on the line(center)for 4 years. Had a smart mouth QB once. Right side of line collapses, twice(HB and FB wiff-block). He got the picture real quick. Was a different teammate after that(and the blocking was better). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

You are so very right. Played on the line(center)for 4 years. Had a smart mouth QB once. Right side of line collapses, twice(HB and FB wiff-block). He got the picture real quick. Was a different teammate after that(and the blocking was better). 

Another Side note: Did you see what just happened to herm edwards last week. ASU coaches leaking game plan info to the other team to get him fired. Coaches on asu hated him. It worked. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

I don't entirely disagree, but now how the OL responds will show us what their true character is. 

I don’t disagree, but this thread is about QB, and how he leads the team. I agree with some of the others that TJ was supporting his own cause to the fans not trying to jank on the OL, but that is the way it came off.

Everyone is reading way too far into this...

Clearly he was just reminiscing on Auburn having the highest QB pressure % against Arky back in 2018.

It just so happens that he was also running for his life Saturday and now is likely to make the list a few more times if he ever sees the field again. 

• Haha 1

Kids say stupid stuff on social media, TJ just happens to be the QB at a high profile school.

I don’t think that it’s that big of a deal, unless he doesn’t handle things with his teammates like he should and apologize.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Another Side note: Did you see what just happened to herm edwards last week. ASU coaches leaking game plan info to the other team to get him fired. Coaches on asu hated him. It worked. 

I knew he got the ax. Didn't know that about the assistants though. It's sad but funny too. I think it's going to be very rough for any coach to trust those that leaked info like that. Would be hard to trust any of them. Besides, they cut their own throat too, as far as being employed in the coaching world. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

If you decide to call out your line to step up their game, you do it to their face in the locker room, not on social media.

Maybe he has? Maybe he is tired of defenders in his face 1 second after he snaps the ball. Maybe he is tired of running for his life every play? That OLine is atrocious! By far the worse I’ve seen in my 32 years as a fan. Missing assignments, poor pass blocking, poor run blocking. Then you got fans saying how awful you are as a QB and as a 20 year old who is giving everything he has… it is what it is…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Maybe he has? Maybe he is tired of defenders in his face 1 second after he snaps the ball. Maybe he is tired of running for his life every play? That OLine is atrocious! By far the worse I’ve seen in my 32 years as a fan. Missing assignments, poor pass blocking, poor run blocking. Then you got fans saying how awful you are as a QB and as a 20 year old who is giving everything he has… it is what it is…

Maybe the coach need to just call quick slants, or quick down and outs. Play to the strength and ability of your players. Get the ball out of the QB's hand quick, or call some running plays at critical times. I do wonder sometimes if Barsin even knows what a trap play is.

What Jordan, etc., didn't do was blame everyone for their personal performance. They might push somebody real hard--I don't remember it being individuals in a big media forum, but maybe--but never to excuse themselves. That's a big difference.

Look, he's a kid. I can forgive him. It was just the wrong thing to do.

12 minutes ago, cctiger said:

That OLine is atrocious!

I do agree with you about the OLine. I've been following Auburn football since 1960-61. 72 was not a real talented line but Shug played to their strengths and Henley was a tough as nails workhorse always good for 2-3 yards. 3 yards and a cloud of dust O that year. Did a little passing utilizing the TE's mostly if I remember correctly. (On the quote above, tbone4jc said that. don't know why it inserted me as saying that. I was just agreeing with tbone).

Edited by cctiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Maybe the coach need to just call quick slants, or quick down and outs. Play to the strength and ability of your players. Get the ball out of the QB's hand quick, or call some running plays at critical times. I do wonder sometimes if Barsin even knows what a trap play is.

Seems elementary huh? Just  ready for this season to be over. It’s a sad situation to find myself loosing interest in something that means so much to me… sorta like a long marriage gone bad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, woodford said:

He’s not wrong, but read the room dude. You never blame others for your shortcomings. It’s a team sport. 

Maybe the OL should retweet about TJ missing wide open receivers. 

There are wide open receivers? I mean, to the extent it is anywhere near as bad as our oline has been? Not saying what he did was right but...

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

There are wide open receivers?

The only one I really remember was the throw out to the flat in the red zone. That was probably his primary read but there was a guy standing wide open in the end zone. I think we ended up kicking our second field goal. It is all a bit hazy at this point. 

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yessir i understand that. what do you do if you have and it is not working? i think tj knows this and i think there might be some folks very unhappy in the locker room and he had a moment.

What if THIS is as good as IT GETS? 

These are seasoned, veteran linemen our Super Seniors, they have a ton of time playing together.  Private discussions could have already taken place and coaches may have been pounding in their heads for months now, this just damn well may be As Good As It Gets folks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

What if THIS is as good as IT GETS? 

Do you think it will get any better? Because you said what if..🙂.🙄

Edited by cctiger

24 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Do you think it will get any better? Because you said what if..🙂.🙄

The front loaded home games are about to diminish as competition ramps up, I don't see this seasoned oline getting much better.  And unfortunately PSU showed that an aggressive defensive attack with rushing even 3 defenders can get through this colander of and oline and disrupt the QB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

The oline is what it is, they are seasoned veterans with tons of PT together and in their 2nd yr under Friend in Harsin's system. 

I know they are, but bless their hearts, they just don't have the talent. It's just not there. They may be a good to sufficient Sun Belt line but not an SEC OLine. Gus recruited them though, and as some folks here say; He always had Auburn in the top 10-12 recruiting range. 4 and 5 stars are good now don't get me wrong, but the stars have got to be aligned and in the right positions also.