Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

I thought I would follow the other poll with this one to see who the is the most popular CBH replacement. This is not for who we think the AD/PTB will select but who would you select. I've tried to include as many names as possible, if you would like one added let me know.

If you choose other, post in the comments.

Edited by bishoptf

Off that list, I'd go with Mark Stoops right now. 

Plenty of SEC experience, no big red flags that I know of, done decent things at Kentucky which is a hard place to win at. 

And at least the last couple of years his recruiting at Kentucky has been just as good or BETTER that Harsin has done at Auburn. He's been getting on a decent roll of getting 4star players to come to freaking Kentucky. I imagine he would do much better if given the resources at Auburn. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Plenty of SEC experience, no big red flags that I know of, done decent things at Kentucky which is a hard place to win at. 

And at least the last couple of years his recruiting at Kentucky has been just as good or BETTER that Harsin has done at Auburn. He's been getting on a decent roll of getting 4star players to come to freaking Kentucky. I imagine he would do much better if given the resources at Auburn. 

Don't disagree the only reason I chose Deion was that I think he would bring a much more optimistic and more atmosphere than what we currently have and have better luck getting better recruits, really the list I pulled from names that most have mentioned on the boards I think any of the ones would be upgrade in one way or another with what we currently have right now. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I like your pick a lot. He’d be my 2nd choice after Grimes. 

• Like 6

Dave Aranda or Jeff Grimes get my vote. Deion feels like an overcorrection from Harsin in my view. Great recruiter but unproven in alot of areas. That could fit the description of Coach O when he was hired, too. I'd also be interested in taking a look at Matt Campbell, who's name isn't as hot as it once was, but the man didn't forget how to turn Iowa State into a team no one wants to play.

This poll needs an "Other" choice, because there are some other potential candidates that are not listed, and some of those listed are ... um ... non-starters in my mind.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wareagle19580 said:

Deion Sanders would out recruit anybody and be a terrific head coach!!

He would out-recruit most everybody, for sure, but I don't know that he'd be such a great head coach.

From that list, I prefer Grimes or Freeze, but would be okay with Mark Stoops as well. Hell, to be honest, I'd be okay with Deion, I just don't know enough about his coaching pedigree vs. his recruiting pedigree.

But if I had to choose one, I'd go with Freeze. Something about Hugh has the same kind of feel as Bruce Pearl did when we hired him, and that one worked out okay for us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Deion Sanders can out recruit Nick Saban imo.     Say it out load till you feel it, "Deion Sanders can out recruit Nick Saban"

Edited by VegasEagle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Deion Sanders can out recruit Nick Saban imo.     Say it out load till you feel it, "Deion Sanders can out recruit Nick Saban"

I want to go after Kirby.  Take him down.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

But would he be able to mold a team out of those recruits? Because that's kind of important, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

This poll needs an "Other" choice, because there are some other potential candidates that are not listed, and some of those listed are ... um ... non-starters in my mind.

I thought I could edit the poll but looks like I am unable, thought I listed most of the ones I saw mentioned in the various threads but not an all inclusive list.

59 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

But would he be able to mold a team out of those recruits? Because that's kind of important, too.

I think if he hires good coordinators then I think it would work, but that is one of the unknowns but I think at least on the recruiting side it would help immensely.  

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

Seems like Grimes would be the obvious choice to me. His playing/coaching background is on OL. His OC record is pretty good too. He has experience coaching in SEC at multiple locations under multiple HC’s. To get an opportunity to HC he might be willing to come under present poor conditions. His many years have brought him many interactions with other coaches so would probably build a good staff of recruiters. I would also say , we don’t have an opening at this time so probably just empty speculation.

Went Grimes. He would be my first choice out of just about everyone. He has extensive coaching experience, with offensive coordinator experience. Has experience in the SEC. And most importantly has coached OLs a lot. That's our biggest need and I feel Grimes would do everything he could to shore up that OL through the portal.

However, I would be a-okay with anyone on the poll as long as we see the back of Harsin by the end of the year.

I would be ecstatic with Freeze, or Kiffin.

I voted for Freeze because I think he would attack this job with the ferocity of a badger. Not sure about Kiffin doing the same. 

I just want to see Auburn field a team that scares people through the air once more in my lifetime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I thought I could edit the poll but looks like I am unable, thought I listed most of the ones I saw mentioned in the various threads but not an all inclusive list.

Edit your initial post, and then at the top of the screen it should give you two tabs, one for Content, one for the Poll. Tab over to the Poll option and you can edit the poll. I've already added the "Other" option, however. . . although, since it won't let me allow people to change their vote, it may be too late with that.

For those of you hoping for Mark Stoops, be watching for Mitch Barnhart to be named AD at Auburn. I don't think we get Stoops without Barnhart, but honestly, that would be a bit of a coup for Auburn if we pulled it off.

• Like 1

I'm picking Deion because I talked to a few of my fellow grads over beers (and a bit stronger) after PSU and we all agreed...wow, could you imagine him and Pearl in a room together?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1