Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

45 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

https://twitter.com/shaquil91357742/status/1573060309874507778?s=46&t=SYdHXzCQIKbAhPceJicwSg

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Interesting if true. If it is bad info mods can delete.

I think it's fake bro unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

So we're better aligned now with Greene gone?

I do think the current president is more in sync with the key players and who he'll hire as an AD to make Auburn "better aligned." And I think some hard lessons were learned by some of those money guys with this Harsin debacle and who we missed out on as a result.

• Like 1

There’s no doubt Deion is FBS raw at best.  Which is the only reason we might attract him now. Long term, his natural destination would be FSU.  It’s about his potential and the potential  to attract an amazing staff. Candidly, if he’s serious about being an elite college coach - an AU failure would be be devastating to him .  Unlike most coaches, he has motivations to coach other than money. He’s loaded and could be making as much (and relaxing more) as an nfl analyst. 

It’d be a win big, lose big for BOTH sides. Which  to me is kind of refreshing.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I do think the current president is more in sync with the key players and who he'll hire as an AD to make Auburn "better aligned." And I think some hard lessons were learned by some of those money guys with this Harsin debacle and who we missed out on as a result.

So how exactly did we miss out on all those guys that's different now? I would love if the story that Greene sabotaged things to be true.

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So how exactly did we miss out on all those guys that's different now? I would love if the story that Greene sabotaged things to be true.

I think it was a combination of an interim president who didn't have the stomach for the fight, an AD that was out of his depth and not in sync with the power players, and the PTB being split into factions backing different guys.  The first part of that is fixe and the second one soon will be.  And I believe that plus how things played out because of the stupid infighting has people more amenable to getting on the same page now.  

Time will tell though.  We're experts at shooting ourselves in the dick during these searches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Whoever Auburn gets for AD I hope he or she can get everyone pulling in the same direction. From what I can see Auburn has way tooooo many chiefs and nowhere near enough Indians. JMO.

Edited by milehighfan

On 9/24/2022 at 4:24 PM, PoetTiger said:

Matt Rhule …if he ain’t been mentioned

With Cam as his head of recruiting. 😎

Edited by HAPvsOA

On 9/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, TitanTiger said:

I think it was a combination of an interim president who didn't have the stomach for the fight, an AD that was out of his depth and not in sync with the power players, and the PTB being split into factions backing different guys.  The first part of that is fixe and the second one soon will be.  And I believe that plus how things played out because of the stupid infighting has people more amenable to getting on the same page now.  

Time will tell though.  We're experts at shooting ourselves in the dick during these searches.

I hope this is this case. I hope as far as the PTB some of them have realized that winning period is more important than having their vision be the way we win. Whether that be with a certain coach, in a certain uniform, with a certain play style. Whatever it is. Hopefully if it’s someone like Coach Prime they can say “Ok, he is a little flashy for my taste, he is going to want Orange jerseys at some point, but I’m ok with being a little less traditional because he runs a tight program and will bring in a great staff and a bunch of 5 star athletes.” Not saying Prime is my #1 choice just using him as an example. I really hope these guys can pull together and get over some of the superficial things to hire a great coach.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, TitanTiger said:

Who did we miss out on?

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Who did we miss out on?

Brent Venables

Mario Cristobal

Billy Napier

...among others

Venables straight up said the lack of "alignment" amongst the power brokers at Auburn changed his mind about coming here.  Numerous folks said Cristobal was all but done but when Oregon backed into the Pac12 title game and it gave him a week to think about things, he got unnerved by the perception that all the PTB weren't on the same page.  Napier had concerns about how meddlesome the PTB would be in terms of who he hired (he also had some high demands for salary, but nothing we couldn't have done).

On 9/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, bigbird said:

IMO, Stoops' program building process is a bit slow for what we need.

Is that because building at UK takes a wee more time than Auburn...?

12 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Is that because building at UK takes a wee more time than Auburn...?

That absolutely may be the reason. It may not though and if not I don't know if we can afford to waste that time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it sounds like Prime’s out of it. I voted for Grimes but with Nebraska supposedly throwing the kitchen sink at Aranda, if they got him Grimes would instantly be off limits. So, PUT A FULL COURT PRESS on Todd Monken and Dell! GT certainly will.

Ultimately if Hartwell is the AD (disclaimer: I’d rather it be him than McGlynn!) that (further) leads me to believe that it will be Freeze.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Haha, wow. I was hoping all those votes were before the Missouri game, at least. 

I really do believe most of those are trolling, atleast that's what I'm telling myself to feel better 😂 ain't no way 7 people believe we are headed in the right direction right now if so they need to take a hard look at the evidence and take off the O&B glasses. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, it sounds like Prime’s out of it. I voted for Grimes but with Nebraska supposedly throwing the kitchen sink at Aranda, if they got him Grimes would instantly be off limits. So, PUT A FULL COURT PRESS on Todd Monken and Dell! GT certainly will.

Ultimately if Hartwell is the AD that (further) leads me to believe that it will be Freeze.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cbo said:

What have we learned from this poll?

There are 6 crazy people on this board. 

There's way more than six. Some of us just haven't commented.

Edit! Just went back and read the thread. I may be nuts, but I ain't that crazy! Unless he beats LSU and UGA. Then I could be persuaded to change my mind about BH.

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1