Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

First off hope your recovering from your surgery and doing better. Yeah I get it but I also know that sometimes have to try something different, I guess you could say that they did with Harsin and we see where that got us. I just like a lot of the intangibles that PrimeTime could bring to our program, a lot of excitement from the students and players, I just think we could use a lot of that right now.... :) 

He'd bring a lot of good

• Like 1

No doubt in my mind Kiffin is the best choice if we can get him.  I would also be happy with Mark Stoops if we could get him or Freeze.  I’m sure we could get him.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

No doubt in my mind Kiffin is the best choice if we can get him.  I would also be happy with Mark Stoops if we could get him or Freeze.  I’m sure we could get him.  

Eh Kiffen was down on my list since he really doesnt seem to do much on the recruiting side of things, I mean would he be better than CBH, for sure but my list is Deion, Grimes and then maybe Freeze. Freeze would jump at the chance and I think work hard to get us back but long term I am not sure he is squared away off of the field and it is a pressure cooker for sure.

not sure if its been mentioned on here yet but what does anyone think of Matt Rhule?

granted things don't look bright at Carolina but that organization, and especially the owner, is making our PTB look like amateurs for dysfunction.

I think its quite impressive what turnaround he did at Temple and Baylor. especially Baylor after the scandals.

20 minutes ago, beaumak said:

not sure if its been mentioned on here yet but what does anyone think of Matt Rhule?

granted things don't look bright at Carolina but that organization, and especially the owner, is making our PTB look like amateurs for dysfunction.

I think its quite impressive what turnaround he did at Temple and Baylor. especially Baylor after the scandals.

He would be good choice but I don’t think the timing works. If he gets let bo it most likely won’t be until end of rear.

41 minutes ago, beaumak said:

I mentioned Rhule.  I like him a lot!  Yes.  What he did at those 2 schools is impressive!   And he can sell NFL experience to recruits.    
I’m liking Stoops more the more I think about it.   I think he could turn AU around much quicker because of the level of recruits he could reel in, using the portal and NIL money.  That wasn’t an option when he started at UK.  
And of course I still like Coach Prime.   He has an extremely high ceiling.  

• Like 1

I was talking with some of my friends who I graduated with Auburn a few years ago during the game this past Saturday and we were all in agreement there is not some “can’t miss” coach like there has been in the past. One of my friends, who’s Dad has worked in the AD for many years and is about to retire, said that it’s pretty well known that Harsin is done and it’ll be in the next couple of weeks. Apparently Hartwell, the Utah State AD, will be the new AD and will be the one who hires the next coach. That’s when one of my friends in the group text asked him if his Dad has heard any names. He said there is nothing concrete, but the one name that comes up the most is Deion Sanders. We were all shocked about it and my friend said when he spoke with his Dad a couple of weeks ago after the PSU game that his Dad had told him to watch out for Deion gaining momentum from the Board, and he blew it off as a joke, because his Dad, if you knew him, jokes a lot about rumors and you can never tell if he’s being serious. Anyways, I thought I would share that little nugget with everyone, very rarely do I get to have any info like that, even though it’s not much haha…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I was talking with some of my friends who I graduated with Auburn a few years ago during the game this past Saturday and we were all in agreement there is not some “can’t miss” coach like there has been in the past. One of my friends, who’s Dad has worked in the AD for many years and is about to retire, said that it’s pretty well known that Harsin is done and it’ll be in the next couple of weeks. Apparently Hartwell, the Utah State AD, will be the new AD and will be the one who hires the next coach. That’s when one of my friends in the group text asked him if his Dad has heard any names. He said there is nothing concrete, but the one name that comes up the most is Deion Sanders. We were all shocked about it and my friend said when he spoke with his Dad a couple of weeks ago after the PSU game that his Dad had told him to watch out for Deion gaining momentum from the Board, and he blew it off as a joke, because his Dad, if you knew him, jokes a lot about rumors and you can never tell if he’s being serious. Anyways, I thought I would share that little nugget with everyone, very rarely do I get to have any info like that, even though it’s not much haha…

Much more than we got.

As I stated above, I’ve heard Deion’s name is being seriously considered. I know many Auburn fans have a difficult time in believing that, but it is actually a low risk/ high reward hire. Think about it this way. Unlike other coaching cycles, there’s not many quality proven coaches out there this time. Most are retreads and coordinators/position coaches with no head coaching experience. This program has been pretty mediocre for the past 8 years if we’re being honest and overall bland. We need someone who can inject energy and promote our program, on top of getting the top recruits. Deion checks those boxes. He knows what it takes to get to the NFL and would no doubt use his NFL connections to get a highly qualified staff. I look at all of these other names and it’s just the same ol typical Auburn hire. I don’t see one guy where I can say “In 2 years we’ll be competing with UAT and UGA”. I think Deion is the only one who can bring those types of recruits in to compete with UAT and UGA. It’s a different era in college football and you need someone who can recruit, use NIL and the transfer portal and get guys to the NFL. I think Deion is the obvious choice and it’s not really that hard…

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

HC - Deion

OC - Zach Kittley

DC - Travis Williams

Question is, is that the ones Sanders would choose? I think he would more likely keep his present staff as they have a great deal of nFl experience , unless he is ready to replace, or they are not willing to do the grunt recruiting work.

• Like 2

One concern that has been raised is that Sanders brand may be bigger than auburns (btw same could said about Saban). However, one advantage of this is that he potentially could assembler a staff that is beyond even what our dream coordinator lists are.

if we have any money left😇

• Like 3

People saying there aren’t any big name proven candidates to be had this time,  makes me wonder what that means?  In other words….. The last couple of yrs there was Christabol from Oregon to Miami, Lincoln Riley from OU to USC, Kelly from ND to LSU.  Why can’t Auburn go big this time and pull a proven HC with P5 experience from Baylor or Cinncinatti,  Ole Miss, etc?  

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, keesler said:

People saying there aren’t any big name proven candidates to be had this time,  makes me wonder what that means?  In other words….. The last couple of yrs there was Christabol from Oregon to Miami, Lincoln Riley from OU to USC, Kelly from ND to LSU.  Why can’t Auburn go big this time and pull a proven HC with P5 experience from Baylor or Cinncinatti,  Ole Miss, etc?  

I think that is a possibility but even then its still a gamble on how its going to work out, I mean these look good but will take a couple of years to see how they pan out but it should always be an option. I agree though I just think Deion would bring a lot of positive energy to the program and help with the recruiting which we need badly. I think kids want to play for him and I think it would be fun to watch. Right now what we have is opposite of fun. :)

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, keesler said:

See my previous comments on the matter!

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

One concern that has been raised is that Sanders brand may be bigger than auburns (btw same could said about Saban). However, one advantage of this is that he potentially could assembler a staff that is beyond even what our dream coordinator lists are.

if we have any money left😇

Why would that be a concern anyhow? Cam Newton brand was bigger than Auburn. People across the nation didn’t tune in to Auburn. They were watching to see how good this joker was that wore #1. Indirectly that was great promotion for Auburn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m not a therapist. I agree with you.

Well you brought it up so I figured you also knew the discussion points. Guess not. People just saying things just to say things, par the course.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 1:25 PM, Hank2020 said:

They ain’t coming to CFB. They both interviewed several times for NFL b4 this season started.

He is not coming was said about Saben to Bama.  They may have interviewed but did not get NFL HC positions so why not kick start their HC at Auburn.  

The reason Bama is where they are at is they go after their man and the reason Auburn is where they are at is because people say they won't come.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

The reason Bama is where they are at is they go after their man and the reason Auburn is where they are at is because people say they won't come.

Quotable. Great point. Ps but damn it was fun for a decade watching them go through “the process” to get there. 

image.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He is not coming was said about Saben to Bama.  They may have interviewed but did not get NFL HC positions so why not kick start their HC at Auburn.  

Saban wasn’t being successful at Miami and had enough time to understand that. Just matter of time for these 2to be NFL HC’s. Big difference. If you are going for NFL experience, much more likely to get Rhule who has been successful at CFB level and is a proven rebuiler/excellent recruiter. IMO

34 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Quotable. Great point. Ps but damn it was fun for a decade watching them go through “the process” to get there. 

image.png

The uat AD gave Saban a legal pad and told him to write his contract. He did. I never understood why he got so much respect for that. Mal would have been excommunicated from the hell that is bammer if Saban fell on his butt. That is almost a direct quote from a booster at uat. Except for the hell part.  Midway through the first season, several of my Red Elephant Club friends were sweating bullets. I have one , but only one , that says he would never have done it. They got extremely lucky. Texas A&M did the same thing for Jimbo. What coach out there right now would you do this with? Remember, he (Saban) can leave anytime he wants with no penalty, and if uat fires him , if anyone can , they pay him in full. I like a number of candidates out there. Unless it was Kirby or Saban , I couldn't do it. I would offer a contract with tremendous incentives to one of the acceptable candidates and see what we could do. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

The uat AD gave Saban a legal pad and told him to write his contract. He did. I never understood why he got so much respect for that. Mal would have been excommunicated from the hell that is bammer if Saban fell on his butt. That is almost a direct quote from a booster at uat. Except for the hell part.  Midway through the first season, several of my Red Elephant Club friends were sweating bullets. I have one , but only one , that says he would never have done it. They got extremely lucky. Texas A&M did the same thing for Jimbo. What coach out there right now would you do this with? Remember, he (Saban) can leave anytime he wants with no penalty, and if uat fires him , if anyone can , they pay him in full. I like a number of candidates out there. Unless it was Kirby or Saban , I couldn't do it. I would offer a contract with tremendous incentives to one of the acceptable candidates and see what we could do. Just my opinion.

Hopefully the next HC will accept a tremendous incentive based contract.  Forgive me for being doubtful,  but the next HC contract will be worse than Harsin’s because Auburn is thought to be impatient and if they’ll cut a HC in 2 yrs or less, that’ll make the next guy want a rock solid guaranteed contract. M

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hopefully the next HC will accept a tremendous incentive based contract.  Forgive me for being doubtful,  but the next HC contract will be worse than Harsin’s because Auburn is thought to be impatient and if they’ll cut a HC in 2 yrs or less, that’ll make the next guy want a rock solid guaranteed contract. M

I know. That's why I'm not in a huge hurry to fire a coach that doesn't fit and rush out to get 4 coaches we  would like to hire huge raises and settle for another........

Coach that doesn't fit...🤦

• Like 1

If you look at the best fbs recruiting states. Ga is normally considered #3. And GT has deemphasized sports for academics in past 10 yrs.  IMO Doing well at UGA today is a layup. Same with LSU. Even Bama with their national brand is a more difficult gig than UGA. My point is I’m not quite really to deify Kirby yet.

As for playing it conservative and cautious  in todays football landscape… I totally understand the instinct. Around $40m wasted (almost immoral). But in todays market doing that may be even more dangerous than going big. 

No interest in being an AD.