AL HS Coaches Talk Recruiting

Brad_ATX

5 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Hey, I'm grateful it only took a little over one season to figure this out. Much better than him going 12-0 last year and getting a raise and an extension and then this sh*t coming to light. 

Nah he made it pretty clear from day one that he sucked. I’m grateful to him for that. No misdirection or illusions were used this time.

• Like 1

Truly inexcusable. Some are calling this old news, but there was a lot of chatter a few months back that things had changed and Harsin was now dedicated to forging relationships with HS coaches. I guess that was just more talk. 

Not showing up to AL high schools is basically not showing up for work. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Truly inexcusable. Some are calling this old news, but there was a lot of chatter a few months back that things had changed and Harsin was now dedicated to forging relationships with HS coaches. I guess that was just more talk. 

As bad as this sounds, and I’m sure I’ll get crucified for it, the best thing for Auburn to do is get their a** beat again on Saturday. Like Jake C said, the longer Harsin is here, the worse the program gets. And at this point with recruiting, that’s measured in days. Part of me kind of thinks he’s pissed at Auburn and commi g dereliction of duty on purpose. Lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

I’ll come clean as one of the ones that argued on here that there was no way he wasn’t visiting schools after that huge blitz they put on. I’ll gladly lump myself in the “dumbass gullible” group. It is absolutely unfathomable that this coach went through what he did in the offseason and still hasn’t made even an average effort to connect with the coaches in Alabama. I mean it was just unbelievably stupid not to do it in the first place, but after all of that to still not do it? Makes me really think he was trying to get fired.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Mods, if this needs to be in the recruiting forum, feel free to move it.  But it feels like with Harsin's job security in the air, this could be an illuminating part of the reason.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/bryan-harsin-said-to-be-absent-on-the-recruiting-trail

He lost my support when it was was reported he wouldn’t make a day trip to PHENIX CITY to visit a highly touted recruit that had us in his top 5. 

Dude is a clown and doesn’t belong anywhere near this program. He’s s***. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

As bad as this sounds, and I’m sure I’ll get crucified for it, the best thing for Auburn to do is get their a** beat again on Saturday. Like Jake C said, the longer Harsin is here, the worse the program gets. And at this point with recruiting, that’s measured in days. Part of me kind of thinks he’s pissed at Auburn and commi g dereliction of duty on purpose. Lol

I hate to agree with you on this point. ☹️

59 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

What a massive, pompous dumbass he is. Just unbelievable.

band name 

Indie stations have been playing their hit "On the Hot Seat" for over a year.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ll come clean as one of the ones that argued on here that there was no way he wasn’t visiting schools after that huge blitz they put on. I’ll gladly lump myself in the “dumbass gullible” group. It is absolutely unfathomable that this coach went through what he did in the offseason and still hasn’t made even an average effort to connect with the coaches in Alabama. I mean it was just unbelievably stupid not to do it in the first place, but after all of that to still not do it? Makes me really think he was trying to get fired.

Ive been thinking this myself.

Edited by autiger88

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I wouldn't call you gullible, because who would expect that to be true? Common sense dictates otherwise.

Yet here we are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nothing you said is incorrect. Of course, I'm still pulling for AU on Saturday, for the players and because that is what I do. 

But the sooner Harsin is gone, the better. Like you said, there is urgency for recruiting purposes. Although we probably can't put the right coach in place until much later. Just a bad situation all around.

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ll gladly lump myself in the “dumbass gullible” group.

I’ve thought about this a lot. I’ll gladly lump you in there too.

😜

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, cbo said:

Yep!

That media barrage a few months ago was in the wake of the February fiasco. A ton of info was getting released from the AD, AU beat writers and AU recruiting sites.  Someone in the athletic department went on a tangent to blast out positive news immediately.  

It was a ploy to make the fan base feel better about the situation - to ease tensions amongst the masses.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Gosh, y’all! Don’t you realize he has been game planning and coaching kids up, so he doesn’t have TIME to visit high school recruits? They have to come to him! 🙄

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

If they love auburn they’ll come here no matter what. Duh

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

plus-one-tobg.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Gosh, y’all! Don’t you realize he has been game planning and coaching kids up, so he doesn’t have TIME to visit high school recruits? They have to come to him! 🙄

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I love you.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cbo said:

I'd think that'd be cause, JMO

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ooooohhhh, that’s a good thought! Do we have lawyers that can win that argument???

If not, take our buyout savings and find one that can

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Honestly I did not believe it either until I heard firsthand from people that really know (in the business). It defies all logic. 
Then you look at the recruiting rankings and you think “yep, it all makes sense now”. 

• Like 2