AL HS Coaches Talk Recruiting

Brad_ATX

56 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I feel like there were coaches saying the same stuff last season, and after the debacle of February, he tried to make some recruiting pushes. So it’s not surprising. He’s a lazy recruiter that nobody wants to play for. I think all of this stems from an “I’m not going to beg kids to play for me. They are lucky if I even want them” mentality. He seems a little high on himself .

ALL of this was rehashed around the time the February fiasco was unfolding.  Some people would trash any of us for questioning Harsin's tactics, they assured us that he had to get recruits that "met HIS standard" and a lot of the highly rated players just didn't fit His prototype.  Then a huge campaign was unleashed after the investigation was completed where ALL of the media outlets pushed positive vibes on us and did everything possible to make Harsin seem likeable and friendly.  Then the Tiger Ambush or whatever it was called where he was pounding the pavement on a recruiting tour.  Then we see folks hyped and jacked up with lists upon lists of every recruit that ever mentioned Auburn ..........It was all not naught!  

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Mods, if this needs to be in the recruiting forum, feel free to move it.  But it feels like with Harsin's job security in the air, this could be an illuminating part of the reason.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/bryan-harsin-said-to-be-absent-on-the-recruiting-trail

Should be able to fire him for cause...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Should be able to fire him for cause...

What shocked the $h!t out of me was there were seasoned SEC coaches on staff that I feel confident told Harsin & the Boise staffers who and where they needed to concentrate their recruiting efforts. There's no freaking way Carnell/Friend/Bobo/Mason didn't inform the entire staff and tried to set up the recruiting ground work.  And for Harsin to come in and either brush them off or totally ignore them is asinine.  Greene and any other member of the athletic department had to have known what was going on.  My God, it's so glaringly obvious when Auburn University doesn't attempt to have a presence at the largest high schools in-state. 

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What a shock........ we've known this for over a year.

AND what has been done about it?  

Have changes or adjustments to the recruiting processes changed to ensure Auburn has a presence in the top high schools?  Has there been a follow-up to the articles that came out earlier this year? 

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Have changes or adjustments to the recruiting processes changed to ensure Auburn has a presence in the top high schools?  Has there been a follow-up to the articles that came out earlier this year? 

Are you okay ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Would this be a topic up for discussion if it had been fixed? 😒

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

No I'm not but thanks for asking 😂

I mean it’s only Wednesday. I don’t know how many more new threads some of these folks can take. I hope there aren’t any puppies around haha. Eventually I hit a state of radical acceptance.

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

I mean it’s only Wednesday. I don’t know how many more new threads some of these folks can take. I hope there aren’t any puppies around haha. Eventually I hit a state of radical acceptance.

Did you see what I tagged you in this morning? Good lord dude was being a troll or something pretending that I was stupid or whatever and like he didn't realize I was making a joke.😒 Like bruh go away. 

• Haha 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Did you see what I tagged you in this morning? Good lord dude was being a troll or something pretending that I was stupid or whatever and like he didn't realize I was making a joke.😒 Like bruh go away. 

People are very dysregulated at the moment lol 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

So even before the PTB effectively neutered his recruiting ability he was already a zero on the trail. Sheesh

Can neuter something that doesn't exist 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

People are very dysregulated at the moment lol 

They are something acting like I was saying Missou was Penn State like bro SMH.😒 I'm not far off from taking another 3 or 4 month break I don't think I can handle the stupidity again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

They are something acting like I was saying Missou was Penn State like bro SMH.😒 I'm not far off from taking another 3 or 4 month break I don't think I can handle the stupidity again. 

You can’t go , the fun is just getting started. In Auburn fashion we will go on a streak too. Melt down city 

• Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

You can’t go , the fun is just getting started. In Auburn fashion we will go on a streak too. Melt down city 

I honestly don't know if I can handle it right now with what I'm also dealing with in real life it might be too much for me.

You are correct it would definitely be the most Auburn thing to do 🙄

I honestly don't know how I would feel on one hand we won but at what cost? I don't think it would be good for Harsin to stay as our coach. 

• Love 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

I honestly don't know if I can handle it right now with what I'm also dealing with in real life it might be too much for me.

You are correct it would definitely be the most Auburn thing to do 🙄

I honestly don't know how I would feel on one hand we won but at what cost? I don't think it would be good for Harsin to stay as our coach. 

Oh man I am sorry. I hope everything is going okay or you at least have support. At the end of the day this is just a game. I hope you prioritize yourself and whatever else is impacting you. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh man I am sorry. I hope everything is going okay or you at least have support. At the end of the day this is just a game. I hope you prioritize yourself and whatever else is impacting you. 

I'll DM you later about it don't need it to be public if that's ok? 

I do I have my lovely wife who is my full support system. 

Thank you for that it really means a lot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I'll DM you later about it don't need it to be public if that's ok? 

I do I have my lovely wife who is my full support system. 

Thank you for that it really means a lot. 

For sure pal! 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes. We have the portal which is a big asset to any coach 

We're sorry. The portal you have dialed is disconnected, or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please fire your coach, and hire again.

portal_close.gif

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Think you know the answer 

• Sad 1

With the  support staff that Auburn has, you can reach out to every high school coach in Alabama with a letter, email, text, phone call or visit in 2 weeks time.  You tell them that you are making every effort possible to get by and see them, but if I don’t get to see you, here is my cell give me a call or text anytime. 

That support staff can find every possible recruit in Alabama and have a list from best to least.  If little old 1A Keith High school in Orville, Al has a 2* Div 2 recruit, you at least call the coach and say hey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Very close to the situation at Thompson HS and know for a fact he has spent virtually no time on their campus 

I live a mile from the school and attend every game and can confirm this as TRUE!

• Like 1

I think “damning” is too far (some of the coaches liked him) but it ain’t good or even passable either. Seems like he doesn’t understand you have to recruit the HS head coach and the recruit and that the HC showing up in person is a huge deal even if for only 30 minutes. He is way out of his league and it was correctable but that chance is long gone now. I don’t think he would correct corse anyway. Seems stubborn as hell.

• Like 1