Does the leadership end the Internal Power Struggle?

AUgrad97

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

When the PTB has a coach they respect and, we have a coach who respects the PTB, the power will be in balance.

It seems so simple.  Hard to believe it has come to this.

Long post incoming, but my hypothesis:

The issue is that the PTB are no longer united among themselves anymore. They can't and won't agree on these things right now, because there is no clear alpha dog booster in Lowder anymore to keep them in line and on the same page, and there is no puppet AD or President for them to work through.

That is why we have had all these issues in the past 5 or so years. Lowder exited. Jacobs holds on for a few more years (2017), and then goes. Neither one of them were great, but they at least had communication flowing and people relatively on the same page.

What we see next is an epic disaster. Harbert splits off on one side and becomes best friends with Leath. Jimmy Sexton takes them to the shed and we are stuck in a horrible contract situation. Meanwhile Rane and co are in other factions. Power struggle between these two. Board keeps getting pulled in two directions.

Y'all remember how there used to be reports from 2018-2020 of how we had board members that kept swinging back and forth on whether to fire Gus or not. I bet that was because they were getting pulled in two different directions by Rane (fire Gus) and Harbert (keep Gus). 

They finally see enough and can Gus, but due to no unity, leadership, communication, and plan amongst each other, the coaching search is an epic clusterfrick. Finally Gogue, ADAG, Burgess, and Riggins say enough is enough, break off, and go in incognito mode and hire Harsin. Right decision to take control, poor hire.

I may be way off in this, but this is my theory from putting various message board posts together over the past 4 years or so. We have no choice but to move away from the good ole boy system because the guys that made it work are no longer around. There is no unity among them. It's a disaster. Our only hope is for Roberts to ignore everyone and let his employees run the ship. 

11 hours ago, AUgrad97 said:

This use to be the case but not so much anymore.  The salaries of todays top coaches puts them in a similar league to many of the big donors.  When a coach is making 7-10MM a year they tend not to take too much outside advice.  

there was a time that worked. The game behind the game has changed.  Show me a school where the head coach is in full control and you will see a successful program.  Time to wake up and understand the game has changed before the hole is dug so deep you never recover.  

I agree as long as the coach with all the control is the right coach. It is still all about the right one. Same recipe works only if ingredients are matching.

7 hours ago, au302 said:

Long post incoming, but my hypothesis:

The issue is that the PTB are no longer united among themselves anymore. They can't and won't agree on these things right now, because there is no clear alpha dog booster in Lowder anymore to keep them in line and on the same page, and there is no puppet AD or President for them to work through.

That is why we have had all these issues in the past 5 or so years. Lowder exited. Jacobs holds on for a few more years (2017), and then goes. Neither one of them were great, but they at least had communication flowing and people relatively on the same page.

What we see next is an epic disaster. Harbert splits off on one side and becomes best friends with Leath. Jimmy Sexton takes them to the shed and we are stuck in a horrible contract situation. Meanwhile Rane and co are in other factions. Power struggle between these two. Board keeps getting pulled in two directions.

Y'all remember how there used to be reports from 2018-2020 of how we had board members that kept swinging back and forth on whether to fire Gus or not. I bet that was because they were getting pulled in two different directions by Rane (fire Gus) and Harbert (keep Gus). 

They finally see enough and can Gus, but due to no unity, leadership, communication, and plan amongst each other, the coaching search is an epic clusterfrick. Finally Gogue, ADAG, Burgess, and Riggins say enough is enough, break off, and go in incognito mode and hire Harsin. Right decision to take control, poor hire.

I may be way off in this, but this is my theory from putting various message board posts together over the past 4 years or so. We have no choice but to move away from the good ole boy system because the guys that made it work are no longer around. There is no unity among them. It's a disaster. Our only hope is for Roberts to ignore everyone and let his employees run the ship. 

I get what you are saying here and don’t disagree with how your theory played out.   But the problem with not having the money people on board is,  who is paying off all these contracts?   The money comes from them.   If I’m a $500 million dollar donor and you come to me and ask for money to pay off a coaching staff because it was a bad hire, if you don’t think that I want to at least agree on the next hire that is crazy in my opinion.