BREAKING: Calzada done for the season

TAYLORKEETON

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think it matters. Between the bad Oline and terrible scheming, no QB has a shot to be successful.

No QB is gone see much success, you’re right but I think he’s good enough to make the offense look competent 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think it matters. Between the bad Oline and terrible scheming, no QB has a shot to be successful.

Yep. I'm worried about Ashford getting hurt behind this OL and I'm worried about Geriner thrown in this mess too early in his career. 

• Like 1

I'm excited to watch Geriner. He fits this offense the best. Unlikely much changes, but at this point I'm ready for a youth movement. These SR's have been poor for a while now. The only way things change, besides coaching change, is to also change the personnel. Bring on the young gun

• Like 3

Has anyone told Harsin? He generally doesn’t keep up with this, especially since Calzada was “competing” as recently as Monday. His “you know something I don’t know” comment Monday is precious. What a guy. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, e808 said:

Bad as things may look with just a half way decent scheme Auburn should be able to beat Mizzou. I still expect a win on Saturday 

I agree. A win will be hard to come by after that though. Hopefully Tank will get more than nine carries.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yep. I'm worried about Ashford getting hurt behind this OL and I'm worried about Geriner thrown in this mess too early in his career. 

Maybe if the scheme is more zone read in which the backs do the major of the running he might be ok

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe if the scheme is more zone read in which the backs do the major of the running he might be ok

Yeah, a total Gus Malzahn 2013 style offense would give us our best shot.

Pull out that inside zone read triple option with the WR hitch third option with Robby.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Yeah, a total Gus Malzahn 2013 style offense would give us our best shot.

Pull out that inside zone read triple option with the WR hitch third option with Robby.

It would….. with our 2013 OL.   😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Guys I got a great gif but I don’t know how to post it

The grandpa simpson one where he comes in the house goes right back out with his hat. That’s Calzada after seeing this doo doo Oline 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

That part! 

you know I swear that the Boosters, BOT and anyone who has any authority in the decision making of hiring the leaders at our school do not give a single rats azz about the lasting impacts that this type of elementary bull shizz has on our players. Imagine waiting your whole life, busting your ass day in and day out, only to have your season or seasons wrecked by someone who has enough money to wreck it by hiring someone that "fits" our program instead of a hardnose true leader. And if you do get that hardnose leader then someone else with enough money has to do their best to clip the new guys wings just to show them who the boss is. Its a sickness. Power money and control is a sickness when you are wrecking someone's future. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Guys I got a great gif but I don’t know how to post it

The grandpa simpson one where he comes in the house goes right back out with his hat. That’s Calzada after seeing this doo doo Oline 

image.gif.6aac4846881ee768f15b1eb0630318ef.gif

• Haha 1

The Geriner family are driving to Auburn as we speak to watch the game in person.  Look for Holden to play if not start.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I don't blame him at all.  Why risk further injury and waste a year playing for Harsin?

Gotta make the best medical decisions for your own health, I completely agree with. Waste a year comment should not be involved in that decision. It is a team sport and should be played as one whether you like the coach or not.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The Geriner family are driving to Auburn as we speak to watch the game in person.  Look for Holden to play if not start.

Is Holden still of the age Harsin can be arrested for child endangerment after the game? :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotta make the best medical decisions for your own health, I completely agree with. Waste a year comment should not be involved in that decision. It is a team sport and should be played as one whether you like the coach or not.

Calzada has no ties to Auburn.  He came here only because he thought he could get playing time.  He has no ingrained love for Auburn.  Given the choice between wasting a year playing hurt for AU once the other QBs faltered, or claiming a medical redshirt for the season, he made the best choice for himself.  Easy come, easy go.  And good riddance, IMHO.