What happens when we get to 4-1?

AUght2win

If we make it to 4-1 then i think there is a great chance we make it to 6 or 7 wins and that will be enough to get Harsin another season. I've thought from the beginning that the failed attempt to oust him last off season just about guaranteed him another season. It showed that we did not want to pay the buy out. Well i'm pretty sure that buy out has not changed since last offseason. And now add to the fact that we have an interim AD and will bring in a new one at some point I don't think the new guy is going to want to sign off on that buy out his first day on the job. He'll want to evaluate the program and make an informed decision. That takes time. 

^^ That is all assuming we are 4-1. I don't think we will be 4-1. I think 2-3 is the most likely scenario and we have a shot to be 3-2. 

I will say this -if we beat Mizzou and lsu then we made some big changes in personnel and schemes. That would require adjustments. That would be a step in the right direction for sure. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

UGA may be the physically dominant team I’ve ever seen.   At this poin in the season, they might “curb stomp” Bama.

Regardless of the prior games, if Kirby unleashes on us and we get totally embarrassed (underscoring the recruiting failure)  - I’m not sure the egos-that-be will let the situation continue any further.

Serious question here, did we have a solid  chance to hire Kirby and if we did why didn't we? 

7 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Serious question here, did we have a solid  chance to hire Kirby and if we did why didn't we? 

To my knowledge yes we did, but we didn't want to let him coach the bowl at bama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve been an Auburn fan long enough to expect the unexpected. The expected is for us to lose one or both of the next two. But with them both being at home against very beatable teams, I think there’s a good chance we find a way to win them. 

I’ll always root for Auburn to win. No matter what. And that’s what I’ll do Saturday and beyond. But it does seem like this may put us in a precarious spot. We can’t, nor should we, fire a 4-1 coach. But the writing is on the wall.

Or maybe going 4-1 would be exactly what we need. Maybe it calms the coaching change demands for a while, giving us time to hire an AD first. 

Regardless, I think it’ll be very hard for this team to make a bowl. I think Harsin needs 8 wins to survive. Even if he gets these next two, the last four are going to be tough to find.

What happens if we get to 2-3?  I've been a football fan long enough to see when a team doesn't have the coaches or players to compete.  I tell you this looks like a Missouri win now that Auburn is down to Ashford and Holden.  The OL can't pick up a blitz. 

Edited by Auburn93

13 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

The 2003 Auburn Football team lost horribly to USC, at home, and then to Ga Tech the following week. They won 8 games that year so anything is possible. You all are just a bunch of soft as baby powder dudes who want to complain. You taste blood and now you want a kill. That may not happen despite your whining and crying. Until it happens, stop bellyaching! It has gotten old! 

This is not about being right, it's about getting behind this team and Coach to support them. 

Bruh…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Golf and Bird have confirmed that we had Kirby on the hook but he insisted on coaching bama’s bowl game, we insisted he didn’t. He said okay fine and walked away. Pretty damn stupid. 

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

To my knowledge yes we did, but we didn't want to let him coach the bowl at bama.

Exactly.  Huge mistake that set the program back for 10 years and counting.   He might have bolted for UGA when they got rid of Richt but our roster would look very different today.  

• Like 2

If we get some sort of offense molded around Robby, I think 4-1 isn't the craziest idea.

UGA is gonna curb stomp everyone except Bama, but they might do that too. 

Unless we pull off some miracle and win 10 games and the recruiting goes from worst to first, I think it's evident now that Harsin isn't going to work out here. 

I'd expect him to take another job at the seasons end if this season is respectable. 

• Like 1

"What happens when we get to 4-1?"

We whup UGA by 14 points and go on to finish the regular season 11-1. Then we whup UGA for the second time in the SEC championship game. Then we whup bammer for the second time in the first round of the playoffs. Then we whup UGA for the third time in the championship final. This causes no fewer than 18 5* recruits to flip from their current schools to Auburn.

Harsin is named King of Auburn and Head Coach For Life. We all wear our Tiger gear with glee as we attend the Final Four and watch Bruce's basketball Tigers win that championship. At Omaha, we celebrate as Coach Thompson's baseball team wins the CWS and AU becomes the only NCAA school to win the crown in three major sports in the same year.

Gas goes back to $2 a gallon and Maker's Mark whiskey knocks their price down by $5 a bottle.

Then we wake up.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"What happens when we get to 4-1?"

We whup UGA by 14 points and go on to finish the regular season 11-1. Then we whup UGA for the second time in the SEC championship game. Then we whup bammer for the second time in the first round of the playoffs. Then we whup UGA for the third time in the championship final. This causes no fewer than 18 5* recruits to flip from their current schools to Auburn.

Harsin is named King of Auburn and Head Coach For Life. We all wear our Tiger gear with glee as we attend the Final Four and watch Bruce's basketball Tigers win that championship. At Omaha, we celebrate as Coach Thompson's baseball team wins the CWS and AU becomes the only NCAA school to win the crown in three major sports in the same year.

Gas goes back to $2 a gallon and Maker's Mark whiskey knocks their price down by $5 a bottle.

Then we wake up.

I mean, I’ll just take the gas and whiskey prices 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

IMO 4-1 would be playing above our level. We new our offense was going to be a work in progress. Thought our defense would be more ready though. Penn State could end up being a top 10 team.

I’m no Lee Corso 😉 but I feel like Penn St will actually end up as a 3-4 loss team. Could be wrong but I just don’t think they’re that good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUght2win said:

But with them both being at home against very beatable teams, I think there’s a good chance we find a way to win them. 

Or maybe going 4-1 would be exactly what we need. Maybe it calms the coaching change demands for a while, giving us time to hire an AD first. 

Passionate predictions and realistic expectations are two complete opposite sides of the galaxy. 

Prior to the season, I had us losing to PSU & LSU. Both teams look stronger than I originally thought. We look much weaker than originally thought. So nothing has changed my 3-2 start to the season. Not even them being at home.

We’ll be fortunate to beat Mizz.

Why would 4-1 be exactly what we need? Why would you want to prolong the inevitable? Both an AD and HC must be found regardless if we go 2-3 or 4-1 or somewhere in between.

This program has been off the tracks since 12/22/20 and just like last season sitting at 4-1, will not fix itself with a temporary .800 record. It would only give the pumpers more false hope, just like last season.

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

Passionate predictions and realistic expectations are two complete opposite sides of the galaxy. 

Prior to the season, I had us losing to PSU & LSU. Both teams look stronger than I originally thought. We look much weaker than originally thought. So nothing has changed my 3-2 start to the season. Not even them being at home.

Why would 4-1 be exactly what we need? Why would you want to prolong the inevitable? Both an AD and HC must be found regardless if we go 2-3 or 4-1 or somewhere in between.

This program has been off the tracks since 12/22/20 and just like last season sitting at 4-1, will not fix itself with a temporary .800 record. It would only give the pumpers more false hope, just like last season.

The program has been off the tracks since 2016-17

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Pretty obvious. We need to find an AD and don’t need to rush that process. The AD hire is just as crucial as the HC hire. 

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

14-15

I get what you’re saying but we had a team a half away from the CFP (2017). I would say that wouldn’t be possible in a program off the rails. If you’re omitting lightning-in-a-bottle years, then our program has been off the rails since 2006. 

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Welcome to Fantasy Island.

I don’t think it’s likely but it’s also not crazy. LSU looked extremely beatable in the opener. Missouri isn’t good. And we legitimately couldn’t play worse than we did against PSU.

We could certainly recreate that level of turrible, but we won’t surpass it. So at least we’ve seen what the floor looks like.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t think it’s likely but it’s also not crazy. LSU looked extremely beatable in the opener. Missouri isn’t good. And we legitimately couldn’t play worse than we did against PSU.

We could certainly recreate that level of turrible, but we won’t surpass it. So at least we’ve seen what the floor looks like.

I'm not sure week 4 is the time to be placing bets on where the floor is for a team this bad. 2012 wasn't THAT long ago.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I get what you’re saying but we had a team a half away from the CFP (2017). I would say that wouldn’t be possible in a program off the rails. If you’re omitting lightning-in-a-bottle years, then our program has been off the rails since 2006. 

Feels right to me. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I'm not sure week 4 is the time to be placing bets on where the floor is for a team this bad. 2012 wasn't THAT long ago.

True. But realistically we lost every phase of the game last week and still haven’t forced a single turnover through 3 games. It can’t realistically get much worse.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

14-15

Specifically when Nick Marshall and Cameron Artis-Payne botched the hand off against TAMU. We have been in a tailspin ever since 

• Like 1