Georgia - blowout L 

Ole Miss - L 

Ark - L 

Miss St - L 

Texas A&M - L 

Western KY - Toss up

Bama -Ugly Loss 

We finish 3-8. 

My pre-season pick was 5-7 and I see no need to change that at this point. Win the three easy games, split with Mizzou/MSU, win one over a better team and we're right where I expected us to be, 5-7.

I will say that the one win over a better team is looking shaky but I think the players will pull together and win one in spite of the coaching.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If I answer I will get ridiculed for my positivity, so I won’t. lol

Aw, come on Hank! It's just a guessing game. You can't win if you don't play and it's free!

• Like 1

I like the positivity of some but last weekend just dampened my outlook. As of today I see maybe 4-8 but I don't think we beat Missouri. Just a bad feeling. 

I think we actually find some way to pull out Missouri but slide all the way to the WKU game.  Would say we will win that one, but who know what the team will look like (physically and mentally) at that point after 6 straight losses. 

Worse case - 3-8  Best case - 4-8    Bigger question is at what point of this mess does Harsin get shown the door.  Don't think its a matter of if but when.

• Like 1

Posibarner here.  I am going to assume coaches get it worked out, players come together, eliminate turnovers, and play hard for the rest of the season.

Mizzou - W

LSU - W

at UGA - big L

at OM -  W

Arky - L

at MSU - W

aTm - last minute W

WKU - W

at Bammer - L

8-4.  Harsin saves his job.

Will it happen?  I don't know, but if you asked me to predict the best case scenario, this is what I'd predict.

• Like 1

Win tomorrow and we'll go 4-8. Maybe 5-7 if one of the teams lays an egg and we take advantage.

Lose tomorrow and we'll go 2-10, maybe 3-9 with the next win WKU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

I think we actually find some way to pull out Missouri but slide all the way to the WKU game.  Would say we will win that one, but who know what the team will look like (physically and mentally) at that point after 6 straight losses. 

Worse case - 3-8  Best case - 4-8    Bigger question is at what point of this mess does Harsin get shown the door.  Don't think its a matter of if but when.

I don't think that 4-8 is best case. I could see us finishing close to last year in the 6-6 or even 7-5 possibly. If I am guessing...I would say 6-6. I just think that last week was awful on all fronts, but I don't think we will play that poorly every game. I think we will find a groove against the weaker teams and maybe somehow shock a decent team. The bad part of this is it will make the decision to retain/fire CBH a lot more difficult even though the writing is on the wall. 

9 hours ago, TigerfanKM said:

Mizzou - W (hopefully)

LSU - L 

Georgia - blowout L 

Ole Miss - L 

Ark - L 

Miss St - L 

Texas A&M - L 

Western KY - W 

Bama -Ugly Loss 

We finish 4-8. 

Exactly; 4-8. Not good for coaches, fans, players, recruits, athletic directors or boosters. No one wins at 4-8.

9 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Worse case 2-10. Still have to beat Mizz or WKU.

I'll say 1-8 the rest of the season, beating Mizz and keeps his job till the massacre in Athens.

Indeed it's a matter of when he's shown the door. Could be as soon as tomorrow.

9 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Posibarner here.  I am going to assume coaches get it worked out, players come together, eliminate turnovers, and play hard for the rest of the season.

Mizzou - W

LSU - W

at UGA - big L

at OM -  W

Arky - L

at MSU - W

aTm - last minute W

WKU - W

at Bammer - L

8-4.  Harsin saves his job.

Will it happen?  I don't know, but if you asked me to predict the best case scenario, this is what I'd predict.

If we pull out 8 wins, he stays

With the line play we have shown thus far?  With the defense overall we have not shown thus far? With the lack of QB? 3-8.  

I think we win today and next week, get blown out by UGA, split the MS schools, lose to Arky and A&M, squeak by WKU,  and get blown out by Bammer to finish 6-6.  Harsin and the tater boys are out right after the Bammer game and get hired right away by a western school.  Auburn stumbles around as usual and makes another underwhelming hire.  

I'LLLLLLLLL refrain from making any predictions. 

Seriously though, if we can get our OL and QB play fixed, we should beat Mizzou and WKU. Aside from those, maybe we win 1 or 2 that we shouldn't win. Hard to say. But if we play like we did against PSU (including coaching ineptitude), we finish 2-10 (yuck).

Edited by yngwie1995

We don't make it to .500. 4-8 or 5-7.

2 or 3 more blowouts against us.

Harsin fired before Iron Bowl.

• Like 1

We didn't win it. Mizzou lost it. But I'll take the W. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. If the football gods are helping AU this year we could win 6. WDE!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4-8 or 5-7. 

I don’t see another win on the schedule except maybe WKU, which I’d put as a toss-up today. MSU we probably match up with talent-wise, but I don’t see this team beating them on the road. 

No bowling this year.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, TigerfanKM said:

Mizzou - W (hopefully)

LSU - L 

Georgia - blowout L 

Ole Miss - L 

Ark - L 

Miss St - L 

Texas A&M - L 

Western KY - W 

Bama -Ugly Loss 

We finish 4-8. 

If W KY is marginally better than Mizzou Auburn could lose that game. 

Other than that....sadly......this is probably how things will go.