***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***

Didba

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Also Mario Cristobal Miami down by two tds to MTSU...this is why I want a coach who is a developer and big program winner. Recruiter matters too of course, but I don't want someone who simply is a recruiter.

I know, Cristobal and Miami back out of the top 25, Frost is fired from Nebraska, let’s just hire Freeze and get this over with! Or Dion, but I think Dion has other plans.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Our Bigger, Faster, Stronger™ OL looks worse than ever this year. Speaking of OL we've signed 1 lineman last cycle and despite only having 8 scholarship linemen on roster for next year, we still chose to be either picky or apathetic toward OL recruiting.

Shed, Ja'varrious, MJJ, Tavarish... All were MIA today. Anders has clearly lost his mojo...

As much as we like to complain about Gus leaving the cupboard bare (and he did), Harsin has done progressively less with just the talent he's inherited... Talent that had no business being in this close of a game with that Missouri roster.

What will we look like when he get his guys in? So far "his guys" are ranked bottom ¼ of the SEC. Where's the hope?

Looking at it objectively, I think we do have a solid team in many position rooms, but the OL, QB, and LB rooms are so bad, that they are sinking the rest of the team and making the other rooms look worse than they are.

Under this staff, which is not good, I do think RB depth has improved and WR play has moved in the right direction. I also think our DB room has a lot less dead weight and is getting deeper. James and Scott>>> Simp/Pritch. Those are this staffs recruits. Thanks Zac, Caddy, and Ike/Corn/Kiesau.

LB room is the perfect example of poor job's by both staffs combining for an epic disaster. Twill's recruiting fell way off at the end. Pappoe, Riley, and Steiner are not SEC players. However, I blame this staff for not recognizing that and getting a true MIKE out of the portal.

Same for OL. You can't replace all 5, but you gotta grab 2 portal guys to at least patch it a little. That's this staff's main problem, and they have a bunch. They have refused to address the talent deficiencies they inherited at these position rooms. 

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I know, 

Cristobal and Miami back out of the top 25, Frost is fired from Nebraska, let’s just hire Freeze and get this over with! Or Dion, but I think Dion has other plans.

I have seen you criticize Harsin's daughters over the attire they wear to games, and you want Freeze?! Wow

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve, 99% of Auburn fans are united on this. You have not data; you have opinions that you are expressing as data. This is a bunch of made up, fact-less, baseless goop. You guys keep bringing in names of coaches that you would like to see hired. Those coaches won't be hired because the basic requirement is that they will allow themselves to be controlled. It took years to remove Lowder's tentacles from the football program. Most of you guys were in diapers when that was happening so it is understandable that you don't know. If Kevin Steele is our next head coach then you will know I was right. If it is not Steele then it will be someone who doesn't mind getting his orders from a BOT Member. These people don't care about the Auburn Football program except to the extent they can show their power. Hide and watch.

Now we know you’re a troll. Did the boosters control Tubberville? No! (they tried and failed) Did the boosters control Dye? No! (basically Pat Dye controlled the boosters) Did the boosters that wanted Gus fired for about four years get their way?  No! Did the boosters that wanted Kevin Steele get their way? No! Did the boosters that wanted Harsin gone last year get their way?  No!

I could go on, but I think everyone gets the picture.

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

I have seen you criticize Harsin's daughters over the attire they wear to games, and you want Freeze?! Wow

Forgiveness. To err is human, to forgive is divine!

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Looking at it objectively, I think we do have a solid team in many position rooms, but the OL, QB, and LB rooms are so bad, that they are sinking the rest of the team and making the other rooms look worse than they are.

Under this staff, which is not good, I do think RB depth has improved and WR play has moved in the right direction. I also think our DB room has a lot less dead weight and is getting deeper. James and Scott>>> Simp/Pritch. Those are this staffs recruits. Thanks Zac, Caddy, and Ike/Corn/Kiesau.

LB room is the perfect example of poor job's by both staffs combining for an epic disaster. Twill's recruiting fell way off at the end. Pappoe, Riley, and Steiner are not SEC players. However, I blame this staff for not recognizing that and getting a true MIKE out of the portal.

Same for OL. You can't replace all 5, but you gotta grab 2 portal guys to at least patch it a little. That's this staff's main problem, and they have a bunch. They have refused to address the talent deficiencies they inherited at these position rooms. 

I agree with the for mentioned deficiencies . Prior staff left zero depth on the O line with a starting lineup that NOT ONE would start for another sec team. None. They are that bad and have been for 2-6 years. Current staff should have seen this as an emergency. They did address db issue and did make progress on wr position. But made big misses on QB, understand why Bo had to go, but if your paid big bucks  better make big time recruitments. LB is thin no doubt and d line is a work in progress. I just don't see a sense of urgency by this staff to fill the  needs this team needs personel wise. We are sadly  close to Vandy level. We may win one more this year fellas as Missouri is not a good team by any measure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I fished until 1:30. Watched recording with zero idea about anything. I’m glad I didn’t rush. 

6851DA1E-4737-4E01-8BB7-BA41E28E29F2.jpeg

Even worse I had a largemouth bass (4-5 lbs) in my hand  just over the edge of  my boat. I then lost control and he fumbled into the end zone, I mean fell into the river; and then I come home to see the game end on the same crap. True prophetic story! 😝 

This team will only go as far as the offensive line will go. Period.  And the offensive line play is F-ING horrible.  It is truly mind-boggling that this staff wasnt able to get 5 guys in here that are SEC worthy.  We could have the top NFL QB, WR, and RB come play with this team and it wouldn't make a difference.  They cant pass block worth a damn and they cant run block worth a damn.  Literally the only two things that they are supposed to do.  You could stomach them if they could at least do one of the two but they cant.  They have about two drives in them at the beginning of the game where they can compete at an SEC level, then they are toast.  I honestly feel bad for the rest of the team, you know these guys have been competitors all their lives, they want to win but dont have a complete team to make it happen.  The line got progressively worse under Gus and just when you think it can't possibly get any worse Harsin and his staff prove us wrong.

15 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve, 99% of Auburn fans are united on this. You have not data; you have opinions that you are expressing as data. This is a bunch of made up, fact-less, baseless goop. You guys keep bringing in names of coaches that you would like to see hired. Those coaches won't be hired because the basic requirement is that they will allow themselves to be controlled. It took years to remove Lowder's tentacles from the football program. Most of you guys were in diapers when that was happening so it is understandable that you don't know. If Kevin Steele is our next head coach then you will know I was right. If it is not Steele then it will be someone who doesn't mind getting his orders from a BOT Member. These people don't care about the Auburn Football program except to the extent they can show their power. Hide and watch.

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

dude this trolling is really bad. Get better at it please. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

STANDING OVATION FOR THIS POST!!!  FINALLY... Someone here that gets it. I figure most of the "contributors" on here, have never stepped on a football field. Never thrown up on a FB Field, never passed out or had a broken bone etc. Parity is here in College Football.  But no matter who has the headset on, there are 100 plus players in this program that have to be "re-interviewed" for the annual scholly/gray/walk-on etc.  High School recruiting is important, but the Transfer Portal is now EXTREMELY CRITICAL for the near future. The need is for players that can help immediately. It has to be to a Natiowide search, I was told by one of the Aubie Board Know-it-alls that the Auburn Philosophy is to recruit Alabama/Georgia/Florida. SMH...  narrow minded. 

jim-okay.gif.624998dd6b0c2ae90287cc063a0602a4.gif

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Wowowowowowow. And even signed it at the bottom.

Obvious troll. 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Obvious troll. 

I can tell you with absolute certainty that he isn’t a troll. AU grad, wife is AU grad and two daughters are AU grads.  Give him a break.  He just believes what he believes.  I’m sure he is as frustrated as everyone else is. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I can tell you with absolute certainty that he isn’t a troll. AU grad, wife is AU grad and two daughters are AU grads.  Give him a break.  He just believes what he believes.  I’m sure he is as frustrated as everyone else is. 

That’s rough, it always saddens me to see someone post something that appears so satirical I have to assume it’s a troll and then find out it’s not a troll.

Sometimes you gotta read the room and have some self-awareness before you post a take like that. 

imo, that post comes off even worse knowing that it isn’t some bamr in here messing with us. 

Edited by Didba

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

That’s rough, it always saddens me to see someone post something that appears so satirical I have to assume it’s a troll and then find out it’s not a troll.

Sometimes you gotta read the room and have some self-awareness before you post a take like that. 

imo, that post comes off even worse knowing that it isn’t some bamr in here messing with us. 

FWIW he absolutely despises bamr.  By the way, I disagree with both of his posts and want Harsin gone as of yesterday.  I jumped off the Harsin ship after the PSU debacle. That forced me to look at the facts, and I then realized he is not the guy we need. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

FWIW he absolutely despises bamr.  By the way, I disagree with both of his posts and want Harsin gone as of yesterday.  I jumped off the Harsin ship after the PSU debacle. That forced me to look at the facts, and I then realized he is not the guy we need. 

Same, I was a big wait and see Harsin supporter. I really believed his BS about scheme, QB development, etc.  that ended last week and yesterday was the last nail. 

if Harsin was making perfect decisions and players weren’t executing that’s one thing but the 4th and 1 call was unacceptable.  He should have known to kick a field goal there or at least call a QB sneak. 

Edited by Didba

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

...the 4th and 1 call was unacceptable.  He should have known to kick a field goal there or at least call a QB sneak. 

Anything would have been preferable to running a delayed dive up the middle when you have five defensive lineman loading the A-Gap. And worse, we had plenty of time on that play... They showed us exactly what they were going to do and someone on our sideline thought, "This is the moment we out-man them".

Also, whoever drew up that Shenker speed sweep deserves to be fired. I'm not sure which play was worse. The 4th and 1 only looks worse given what was at stake...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Also, whoever drew up that Shenker speed sweep deserves to be fired.

This is not being talked about enough 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Anything would have been preferable to running a delayed dive up the middle when you have five defensive lineman loading the A-Gap. And worse, we had plenty of time on that play... They showed us exactly what they were going to do and someone on our sideline thought, "This is the moment we out-man them".

Also, whoever drew up that Shenker speed sweep deserves to be fired. I'm not sure which play was worse. The 4th and 1 only looks worse given what was at stake...

I totally forgot about the shenker sweep

13 hours ago, au302 said:

Well we do definitely need to make sure both parties never physically cross paths. Hugh may get tempted.