***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***

Didba

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Respectfully to the gentleman who posted here, this is why I don't want USU's AD. Their HC followed Harsin at Arky State. And more importantly, they got mauled by WEBER STATE.

How about Boise's AD?  He got rid of Harsin and, didn't even have to pay a buyout.  Maybe he can do it again?

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

• RunInRed changed the title to ***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***
25 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

How about Boise's AD?  He got rid of Harsin and, didn't even have to pay a buyout.  Maybe he can do it again?

Everyone else from Boise is here. Might as well keep going.

• Haha 1

I feel sorry for the players. Coaching changes are rough as it is. But couple that with an unhappy fan base, it's that much, much worse. I would at least give Harsin time to recruit the players he wants for his system. I agree with Tuberville with respect to giving Harsin time. Running a clean program is monumental to me.

• Facepalm 4

37 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Who do we replace him with? We've been down this road before. That's what got us where we are.

Edited by Bottomfeeder

1 hour ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Hey man, if you're gonna type paragraphs at least use the tab key. It's like I'm reading one long run-on sentence

Easy fix, don’t read his drivel…

18 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Harsin said Missouri was a well coached team; can you fire him for cause for lying so blatantly?

Ha he threw every cliche in the book out today. 

1 hour ago, JWShewmake said:

Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve

This is correct to the extent all of the players that transferred out to get away from Harsin are improving.  For example, Bo Nix had another career night tonight throwing for 428 yards. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

This is correct to the extent all of the players that transferred out to get away from Harsin are improving.  For example, Bo Nix had another career night tonight throwing for 428 yards. 

He has a OL we done have crap

1 hour ago, AcUmen said:

Anyone watching UT/UF?  Heupel is in his 2nd season just like Harsin.  Heupel is about to beat UF with almost 600 yards of offense and go 4-0.  Meanwhile in Auburn...

And UT was in substantially worse shape when Heupel came in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I knew he had the skills and ability, just needed to be in a better environment.

11 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I feel sorry for the players. Coaching changes are rough as it is. But couple that with an unhappy fan base, it's that much, much worse. I would at least give Harsin time to recruit the players he wants for his system. I agree with Tuberville with respect to giving Harsin time. Running a clean program is monumental to me.

This isn’t 2005 anymore. Heck, it isn’t 2015 anymore. The transfer portal has changed everything. You don’t (and shouldn’t) get 4-5 years to develop your program anymore. If you see a weakness, hit the portal. Want players that fit your scheme? Hit the portal. Want to instill your culture? Hit the portal. Harsin has done Jack squat to address our issues while creating all new ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

And to think I came home from fishing to watch this big fat carp of a “football “ &$@“&$);(&@&)(&&

I fished until 1:30. Watched recording with zero idea about anything. I’m glad I didn’t rush. 

6851DA1E-4737-4E01-8BB7-BA41E28E29F2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

This isn’t 2005 anymore. Heck, it isn’t 2015 anymore. The transfer portal has changed everything. You don’t (and shouldn’t) get 4-5 years to develop your program anymore. If you see a weakness, hit the portal. Want players that fit your scheme? Hit the portal. Want to instill your culture? Hit the portal. Harsin has done Jack squat to address our issues while creating all new ones.

This 👆

Listen to what those high school coaches are saying too. Harsin isn’t recruiting and it won’t get better.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

I fished until 1:30. Watched recording with zero idea about anything. I’m glad I didn’t rush. 

You missed a great finish. I felt confident we could take care of business in OT and we did.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I disagree here. Harsin would have support if he were making/showing progress in some way, but he isn't. He isn't killing on the recruiting trail, he isn't showing player development, he isn't winning over the fan base, and he isn't fielding a team that looks capable of winning the west. If he were doing any of these things he would have more support and probably more time, but there isn't one item anyone can point to that is going in The right direction. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I would at least give Harsin time to recruit the players he wants for his system. I agree with Tuberville with respect to giving Harsin time. Running a clean program is monumental to me.

He can't. His recruiting is awful. We need bodies and to re-build a roster and he's dithering around, losing out on the top talent again and again, has been awful in the portal and with as hapless as we look this season, it's not getting better. He is in over his head. He was a bad hire. Leaving him in that job even one more year will wreck this program for a decade. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

That looks like a good crappie-fry in the making. Nice!

• Like 1