JLee says Harsin thinks the fans are the problem

WarrrEagleHey

Just now, WarrrEagleHey said:

I think he just wants everyone to hate him at this point. He is burning it down.

Justin Lee did not quote him.  JUSTIN LEE said those words.  All coaches say that outside noise is a problem.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Haha.

Fans and media are the biggest challenge to your ego Mr Harsin.   When there is no one else to blame start pointing further out.  Of course it's not your fault.

Going to war against the fanbase isn't going to help his dwindling popularity....

That being said, I get what he means and he IS right to an extent. The headline and way he probably said it makes it sound worse.

The players need to focus on playing each and every week. They can't be concerned or worried about whether or not people want him gone. They also can't let that bleed into how they react with recruits. If it seems like the sky is falling and that they're going to need to transfer, with how this new college football economy is for players, they'll be gone the next week mentally at least as they enter the portal. They've got to tune out the noise and play like Harsin is here for good until he isn't. Much like they needed to during the investigation.

Whether we like Harsin or not, spinning the rumor mill when he isn't out the door yet isn't going to help. Esp with the level of access to the players that the average fan has. And its not like Harsin can forbid social media since these players are now brands and their own businesses basically.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

Screenshot_20220924_171243.jpg

Nothing not factual there except Justin Lee dramatizing for his agenda. Sure there’s outside noise. Sure it’s fans, media everybody. Lee is jus trying to put Harsin vs the media. Regardless of his current failures, I say “Eff the media.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Nothing not factual there except Justin Lee dramatizing for his agenda. Sure there’s outside noise. Sure it’s fans, media everybody. Lee is jus trying to put Harsin vs the media. Regardless of his current failures, I say “Eff the media.”

The Media needs the flames of the pitchforks stirring because it means they can write more salacious articles about the doom and gloom on the plains and get people checking in all the time to see when Harsin will be fired. And then they get to write coaching search articles which will have extra traffic.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Gene Chizik use to say we cut out the noise.  Tuberville use to say we cut out the noise.  Justin Lee is making crap up. 

Were you present during the interview?

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

The Media needs the flames of the pitchforks stirring because it means they can write more salacious articles about the doom and gloom on the plains and get people checking in all the time to see when Harsin will be fired. And then they get to write coaching search articles which will have extra traffic.

Hell I’m ready for the Boise Boys to go, but I’m not making it personal. These beat writers today prostitute themselves to rabid followers. Eff them.

• Thanks 1

I mean I get it.  It sucks for the players to have all this criticism thrown at them 24/7.  But that is the way things are today thanks to social media.  Auburn is not the only team that deals with it, so Harsin shouldn't try to use it as an excuse.  In Boise like 3 people care about football, so I am sure this is a new world for Harsin.